Twitter: Jaylon has played 2287 defensive snaps without an INT

Johnny23

Reaction score
That's the exception, not the rule. Lee has always been more of a Will than a Mike. I'll need a second example of a Mike who gets INTs.
See my post. In comparison to what his salary is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Carter led the team with 5 one year

He had one year with 5 and zero for the other seven seasons he spent in the NFL. That works out to about one pick every two seasons. He wasn't a true Mike either.

Kaiser

Reaction score
See my post. In comparison to what his salary is.

Sure, those are three examples of Mikes who could intercept the ball out of 32 starters for the last decade.

And even then, Bobby Wagner didn't have a pick in his 3rd and 4th seasons.

For salary, Jaylon has a cap hit of 2.5MM this year, the bigger salaries don't start until next year. Next year Jaylon will have the 15th highest cap hit among LBs and Wagner's cap hit will be twice as much as Jaylon's.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This defense hasn't been able to buy an interception for the past decade.

Hard to single out the middle linebacker. This team has four picks this year- two by Xavier Woods and one apiece for Chido and Jourdan Lewis.

Multiple teams have had four picks in one game.:facepalm:

Noclaf

Reaction score
he just is not very good, he is ok if no one touches him other then that he is average at best

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't think jaylon is a mike either. Should be will imo

I'd rather have Jaylon at Mike and LVE at Will than the other way around. Its also an interesting question of whether Sean Lee returns next year, he clearly has the physical ability to do it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
That's the exception, not the rule. Lee has always been more of a Will than a Mike. I'll need a second example of a Mike who gets INTs.

Luke Keuchly had double digits his first 4 years. Ray Lewis had 7 in his first 4 years. Patrick Willis had 4 in his first 4 years. Urlacher had 6 his first 4 years. Darius Leonard has 4 in his first 2 years. Telvin Smith had 7 in his first 4 years.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Sure, those are three examples of Mikes who could intercept the ball out of 32 starters for the last decade.

And even then, Bobby Wagner didn't have a pick in his 3rd and 4th seasons.

For salary, Jaylon has a cap hit of 2.5MM this year, the bigger salaries don't start until next year. Next year Jaylon will have the 15th highest cap hit among LBs and Wagner's cap hit will be twice as much as Jaylon's.
We're paying him in good faith that's what he's going to become. Obviously he's got a ways to go and I am not sweating it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Luke Keuchly had double digits his first 4 years. Ray Lewis had 7 in his first 4 years. Patrick Willis had 4 in his first 4 years. Urlacher had 6 his first 4 years. Darius Leonard has 4 in his first 2 years. Telvin Smith had 7 in his first 4 years.

I've agreed on Keuchly.

Darius Leonard is a Will, not a Mike. Willis had 8 picks in 8 seasons. Urlacher was 20 years ago. Ray Lewis is more than 20 years ago and might be the best LB of all time.

So you basically have one Mike good at INTs in Keuchly and probably a second in Wagner, who has 9 in 8 years along with one of the highest salaries at his position.

Sydla

Reaction score
This won't make the anti-Smith crowd warm and fuzzy but I suspect scheme has way more to do with this than the players.

Johnny23

Reaction score
This won't make the anti-Smith crowd warm and fuzzy but I suspect scheme has way more to do with this than the players.
I agree with this assessment. I just don't think these coaches take advantage of players strengths enough.

John813

Reaction score
I'd rather have Jaylon at Mike and LVE at Will than the other way around. Its also an interesting question of whether Sean Lee returns next year, he clearly has the physical ability to do it.

Yes. If we had a motivates Ro McClain then Mike would be set.

If LVE is 100% healthy and continues to get stronger/able to take on trench blocks I wouldn't mind seeing him eventually switch. TBD there though.
It's like size size LVE would-be a no brainier but he's not there yet, especially in this scheme

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would say blitzing and attacking the pocket is a strength.

can’t have your MLB do that every play though.

That and the amount of ground that covers. All three of those are at the top level of the NFL.

I have no idea why his play has dropped off this year, but I do think Jaylon plays in the Pro Bowl at some point.