Jaylon Linebacking Hijinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lool, that’s what I thought.

In other words you can’t back up your lie.

Like I said, go back to the coronavirus thread and continue denyIng there’s a pandemic, luuulz

In other words, you don't know what the word "inpatient" means. All you do here is scan for my posts, you should go back to those threads because you might learn something.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I provided you the real answer but xwalker got his feeling hurt and must have whined that it get taken down.

Or you are following your normal path of getting posts deleted so you can lie about what was said in them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In other words, you don't know what the word "inpatient" means. All you do here is scan for my posts, you should go back to those threads because you might learn something.

Loooool, clearly you don’t.

Go ahead, show me where that article says those being treated at the hospital were outpatients.

Like I said, I’m glad you’ve been caught lying in real-time.

What do we want to cover next....percentages?

Please say yes so we can expose you some more.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jaylon still has strengths.

Positives: He can run sideline to sideline as good as anyone, he can come down hill, and he is a high level blitzer.

Negatives: He turns like a sail boat and I do not want him going backwards or finding himself in coverage.

He had a bad year but he does still have some big strengths in his game.

What upset me about him though is he looks to be one of the guys more focused on his brand than playing football. Celebrating when we were getting whooped was not a good look either.

Too much #JaylonHate on here today.

He had his best season in 2019.

Stats tell the truth.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJa05.htm

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I thought he played better close to the line of scrimmage.
Just react with his speed.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Too much #JaylonHate on here today.

He had his best season in 2019.

Stats tell the truth.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJa05.htm

Stats do not tell the truth. If a LB gets blown back and makes a tackle 7 yds downfield he gets a solo tackle, but was it a good play?

Not directed at you general statement:

There are too many stat geeks trying to turn football into baseball. It doesn’t work with a sport where results are so reliant on multiple players contributing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stats do not tell the truth. If a LB gets blown back and makes a tackle 7 yds downfield he gets a solo tackle, but was it a good play?

Not directed at you general statement:

There are too many stat geeks trying to turn football into baseball. It doesn’t work with a sport where results are so reliant on multiple players contributing.
I always thought tackle stats were garbage.

When they support 54 being a good player, they become a complete joke.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I’ll admit I don’t watch every game but what I see is a young LB that is better suited for the Will spot. Let him work sideline to sideline and use his athleticism. His game could use a bit more physicality also. All that said, he’s better than any LB currently on the Eagles roster.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm willing to wait and see what these coaches can do to help, but they can start by getting #54 out the middle.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Here's some cut-ups of Jaylon against the Bears and Bills last season. Couple of things:
  1. Jaylon doesn't play with any base; he is lifted and moved out of lanes at will because he doesn't sink his hips and hops into blocks;
  2. Jaylon does not stack and shed (look at the first gif below) at all; there is no resistance from him maintaining his gap which allows for open running lanes;
  3. His play balance is all out of whack; plays way too high and hops rather shift his weight fluidly.

VAzPRW.gif

Here (above), Jaylon gets moved 10-yards down the field backwards.

71qLZr.gif

Jaylon here (above) just gets bowled over playing too upright.

oVWQ13.gif

Piling up those "tackle" totals.

GvN5l7.gif

Stack and shed is completely non-existent; guesses at which lane the RB will take and runs himself out the play.

q7WYN2.gif

This is 195 lbs Eric Weddle against 255 lbs Tyler Eifert showing how you stack and shed.
He is a wounded duck.

His Injury limits him some.

I think that is why he is being moved outside.

He moves better to his left than his right.

At MLB it's easier to isolate him in his weak side and take advantage.

So by moving him, he is better protected and less exposed.

Lee is the one that worries me. This is surely his last year and he must be replaced.

Probably a #1 priority in the draft other than another safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.