Jaylon looks impaired when he runs

quickccc

Reaction score
excellent post. A REAL GM would NOT have allowed this to happen. But Jerry is not a real GM..so he relies on the advice of others. And I have said....anyone who advised him to lock this guy up...should NEVER be allowed to be associated with making football decisions ever again. If...and I would not be shocked...if the brainturst in the organization told Jerry not to extend Jaylon...and Jerry did it anyway...then the person that has been the problem for over 20 years....is still large and in charge.

Jaylon was an invested high 2nd round pick who was once widely regarded as a top 5 overall pick who not only battled back from an horrific knee injury
that many thought he;d never recover and play football again, but not only did he become a full time starter but he made the pro bowl in just his first
full year starting, ....so of course they are going to be encouraged and influenced to believe the best in yet to come and want to lock him up for
years to come.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed him last week in coverage there are certain directions he struggles to move in. Sad
That's why he plays where he does.

He's better moving in one direction.

He also moves fine straight ahead going downhill more or less.

This is not that unusual.

I mean players get deployed based on whether they play better on a right side or a left side or straight ahead.

What stands out to me about Jaylon..

He seems to have added weight since last season.

It seems to have slowed him a bit.

Adding the weight has probably helped him survive the pounding better.

But it is a change in his play to me.

Missing Wolf Hunter is very big for Jaylon.

Those guys were other worldly at times in 2018.

Miss that now.

Also makes me question why we drafted him #1..

knowing he had previous neck injuries should have sent off a warning flare.

We do very strange things in the draft lately.

Taco, Tristan Hill, Connor Williams, who is next?

Believing we will overcome the loss of many of our FAs not being resigned in 2020 is viewing things thru rose colored glasses.

I see many more changes for this team coming than we all want to admit to.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why he plays where he does.

He's better moving in one direction.

He also moves fine straight ahead going downhill more or less.

This is not that unusual.

I mean players get deployed based on whether they play better on a right side or a left side or straight ahead.

What stands out to me about Jaylon..

He seems to have added weight since last season.

It seems to have slowed him a bit.

Adding the weight has probably helped him survive the pounding better.

But it is a change in his play to me.

Missing Wolf Hunter is very big for Jaylon.

Those guys were other worldly at times in 2018.

Miss that now.

Also makes me question why we drafted him #1..

knowing he had previous neck injuries should have sent off a warning flare.

We do very strange things in the draft lately.

Taco, Tristan Hill, Connor Williams, who is next?

Believing we will overcome the loss of many of our FAs not being resigned in 2020 is viewing things thru rose colored glasses.

I see many more changes for this team coming than we all want to admit to.
I hope you're right but I'll tell you what I am going to spend a ton of time this off season watching all 22s
I'm going to evaluate every player on the dam team
Starting with Dakota Prescott, It sure seems like in the beginning of the year he was just getting the ball there on time. as the season progressed and as arm began to tire he was late more and more and more till now he rarely gets it there on time.
Is my biggest concern then I work my way through the entire starting group.
At least I won't be bored for 6 months:omg:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I think he is...he overdid the snaps his leg could take. He’s not been same from day one. It’s not just some guy missing stuff,you watch his feet and knees they buckle more...he’s not able plant hard and boom off he goes to the sideline hit for a 3rd down stop. I don’t care what he says...he needs less snaps in order to play effectively high level.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jaylon was an invested high 2nd round pick who was once widely regarded as a top 5 overall pick who not only battled back from an horrific knee injury
that many thought he;d never recover and play football again, but not only did he become a full time starter but he made the pro bowl in just his first
full year starting, ....so of course they are going to be encouraged and influenced to believe the best in yet to come and want to lock him up for
years to come.
he has been so horrific this year....I do not even remember what he did to make the pro bowl. I cannot stress the following enough: the stuff he does on a football field is the stuff people that do NOT like contact do. How can you be a Pro Bowl LBer and NOT like contact? Please refresh my memory...and not with stats...but refresh my memory on what he did to make the Pro Bowl?

John813

Reaction score
he has been so horrific this year....I do not even remember what he did to make the pro bowl. I cannot stress the following enough: the stuff he does on a football field is the stuff people that do NOT like contact do. How can you be a Pro Bowl LBer and NOT like contact? Please refresh my memory...and not with stats...but refresh my memory on what he did to make the Pro Bowl?

He never made the probowl. LVE did, along with 2nd team AP.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I hope you're right but I'll tell you what I am going to spend a ton of time this off season watching all 22s
I'm going to evaluate every player on the dam team
Starting with Dakota Prescott, It sure seems like in the beginning of the year he was just getting the ball there on time. as the season progressed and as arm began to tire he was late more and more and more till now he rarely gets it there on time.
Is my biggest concern then I work my way through the entire starting group.
At least I won't be bored for 6 months:omg:
Oh my..

this should be interesting.

Save yourself some time and just shoot video updates so you still can post here.

Always looking out for my forum buddies.

:laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think he is...he overdid the snaps his leg could take. He’s not been same from day one. It’s not just some guy missing stuff,you watch his feet and knees they buckle more...he’s not able plant hard and boom off he goes to the sideline hit for a 3rd down stop.

This.

Also, the foot can drop and catch on the turf when he's just slowing down to break, let alone breaking.

Jaylon was playing practically 100% last season. It wasn't too much last season.

But he looked gimpy early this season, and it's worsened through the season.