Jaylon looks impaired when he runs

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A wrecking ball?! Dont be fooled by highlights! He made a few big plays. The basic down in and down out plays a LBer are supposed to make...has he EVER consistently made those? I can tell you he has made them about 10% of the time this year. His play is so comical..I am wondering aloud if the Cowboys are trolling us and the rest of the NFL. Everyone in the lockeroom can see it...the opposition can see it...and we trot him out there play after play? He celebrates AFTER someone gains big yardage and he tackles them. He arrives to the pile AFTER the tackle is made and acts like he made the play. He spins around the middle of the field like a top not sure where the ball is. He is asking to be a Pro Bowler on a losing team and his play is beyond garbage. He wonders what the criteria is to make the Pro Bowl once he says the guys that made it. Guys that are BETTER than him by a mile. Whose teams are playing well. His play and lack of self awareness just leaves me puzzled. Don't be late to the party. Don't be the last too the party to realize his play will not change with different coaches. He looks like a clown on the football field.

Why would the Cowboys do that? This is the NFL. Plus players regularly sue the league for safety issues. There is no way Dallas would throw his out there unless he was safe to play. He is not wearing the brace he wore his first year. Haven’t heard anything about it. He hasn’t missed a game all season. Takes the among the highest snaps on the team. Guy is healthy.

His issue is that he plays with terrible technique and is obviously unprepared to play. It’s also obvious he cares little about doing the basics of the position.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Why would the Cowboys do that? This is the NFL. Plus players regularly sue the league for safety issues. There is no way Dallas would throw his out there unless he was safe to play. He is not wearing the brace he wore his first year. Haven’t heard anything about it. He hasn’t missed a game all season. Takes the among the highest snaps on the team. Guy is healthy.

His issue is that he plays with terrible technique and is obviously unprepared to play. It’s also obvious he cares little about doing the basics of the position.
Why would Dallas play someone that cares little about technique?

shabazz

Reaction score
As an aside,Has anyone not noticed Martial Art Master and Action Hero Steven Seagal's running style?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
How clueless are you? You watching the last 20 plus years?
Is this a serious question? You are saying he is fine physically and he is just allowed to free lance and play with zero technique. I am saying that he is clearly physically impaired...lacks instincts....and the result LOOKS like someone that is free lancing.

I guess we will have to see. But I sense this is the only franchise he will EVER play for...and an early retirement is in the very near future!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
Not only is Jaylon's instincts very overrated, he's limited to being a forward-only player.
while some have suggested that he be tried as a OLB, he doesn't have (or never recovered) lateral movement for that
kind of role. A questionable lack of instincts combined with a lack of lateral movement does not make a case for him being a productive
coverage player.

A great defensive coach is going to have to scheme him to the best role he could be - and that would be limiting him as a short area
player who keeps plays in front of him, and well-blitzing him as a rusher.
Otherwise teams will scout and expose him to he cannot do in coverage.

In a str8 line he's faster and more explosive upon full pursuit tackle than most LBs, he can jar fumbles loose at times upon impact, but he still guesses wrongly into gaps, and too easily fooled by misdirection too often.
i keep thinking the Cowboys may have been heavily influenced and encouraged to think Jaylon's game would steadily keep improving albeit off a pro bowl invite last year in 2018 in just only his first full year as a starting middle LB.

i'm concerned that he will just be a more physical version of Bradie James at best, but a guy that doesnt make enough game changing plays and
limits your defense too much,

mrmojo

Reaction score
As an aside,Has anyone not noticed Martial Art Master and Action Hero Steven Seagal's running style?

An announcer one time said Staubach ran like a sissy...he was fired after that comment

blueblood70

Reaction score
im not buying a guy who played well last year and has 133 tackles and 2.5 sacks ranking 7th in the league and4th amongst MLBs..

sometimes players take bad angles or miss tackles or get beat but that doesnt mean they cant play and the garbage most games that played in front of the LBs on this team were straight up bad.. if hes looked dinged he might have been but you arent selling n me a guy whos put those stats up and played every game is done or has the same issue he allegedly healed from..

the hate and knowitall docs/Gms/procoachcoaches on this internet is laughable.. you dont know squat..

is he a top 5 LB? maybe not a perennial PB player every year, maybe not but hes far from bad or done in this league.. most NFL players at week 16 are dealing with injuries or several injuries they had to finish the season playing with , it doesnt make them done or a bust..SMH:facepalm:

LVE and Jsmith will bounce back , look at Lee hes good example..:angry::rolleyes:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Not only is Jaylon's instincts very overrated, he's limited to being a forward-only player.
while some have suggested that he be tried as a OLB, he doesn't have (or never recovered) lateral movement for that
kind of role. A questionable lack of instincts combined with a lack of lateral movement does not make a case for him being a productive
coverage player.

A great defensive coach is going to have to scheme him to the best role he could be - and that would be limiting him as a short area
player who keeps plays in front of him, and well-blitzing him as a rusher.
Otherwise teams will scout and expose him to he cannot do in coverage.

In a str8 line he's faster and more explosive upon full pursuit tackle than most LBs, he can jar fumbles loose at times upon impact, but he still guesses wrongly into gaps, and too easily fooled by misdirection too often.
i keep thinking the Cowboys may have been heavily influenced and encouraged to think Jaylon's game would steadily keep improving albeit off a pro bowl invite last year in 2018 in just only his first full year as a starting middle LB.

i'm concerned that he will just be a more physical version of Bradie James at best, but a guy that doesnt make enough game changing plays and
limits your defense too much,
excellent post. A REAL GM would NOT have allowed this to happen. But Jerry is not a real GM..so he relies on the advice of others. And I have said....anyone who advised him to lock this guy up...should NEVER be allowed to be associated with making football decisions ever again. If...and I would not be shocked...if the brainturst in the organization told Jerry not to extend Jaylon...and Jerry did it anyway...then the person that has been the problem for over 20 years....is still large and in charge.

LittleD

Reaction score
Sad, but the FO overpaid several under performing players this season. If they keep doing that, we are doomed
for another decade.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
im not buying a guy who played well last year and has 133 tackles and 2.5 sacks ranking 7th in the league and4th amongst MLBs..

sometimes players take bad angles or miss tackles or get beat but that doesnt mean they cant play and the garbage most games that played in front of the LBs on this team were straight up bad.. if hes looked dinged he might have been but you arent selling n me a guy whos put those stats up and played every game is done or has the same issue he allegedly healed from..

the hate and knowitall docs/Gms/procoachcoaches on this internet is laughable.. you dont know squat..

is he a top 5 LB? maybe not a perennial PB player every year, maybe not but hes far from bad or done in this league.. mostFL players at week 16 are dealing with injuries or several injuries they had to finish the season playing with , it doesnt make them done or a bust..SMH:facepalm:

LVE and Jsmith will bounce back , look at Lee hes good example..:angry::rolleyes:
You have not watched him closely...and if you have....and you come away with him that he is having a down year...then me and the other "knowitalls" on the internet should be trusted over your observation. He does things on a NFL field that HIGH SCHOOL players would not do. I was willing to write it off as a bad game...but then I started watching him every game...and I swear I thought a joke was being played on me. He is a clown on the football field!

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Once you have drop foot it never gets better I knew a few people that have had it of course they are older than Jalen but it's one injury that's hard to overcome? To walk again it's one thing to play football is another yes I know he had a nerve damaged in his knee drop foot is what resulted from that as a side effect oh, whether the nerve grows back or not

This is such an ignorant comment.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Sad, but the FO overpaid several under performing players this season. If they keep doing that, we are doomed
for another decade.
we definitely have had some under performers...but at least Zeke, Tank, Quinn etc... have a track record of playing at a high level...this guys BEST year is WORSE than Sean Lees WORST year. Sean Lee played 2 times better than him THIS year...and Lee is a shell of himself!

Praxit

Reaction score
giphy.gif