Jaylon Smith (15 plays)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are a coach. Isn’t the job of D-Line to keep LB clean to tackle. They shred TE blocks and O-Line at the LOS to make tackles behind the line.
Yes sir.....a good NG can eat up 2 blockers, a great one can take 3....two good DTs should take up at least 3 blockers....that frees the LBs to do there job....I used to to coach DL and we'd have DT grade out over 90 without making a tackle.....they would basically block for the DEs and LBs

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
At this point it’s just flogging a dead horse. He’s here until the end of the season and I’m sure he’ll give everything he’s got.

plasticman

Reaction score
For the second year in a row the Cowboys start the season without the projected starters at DT, Hill and Gallimore this time.

This is supposed to be their "breakout" season. However, they aren't even suited up. The DT's play a critical role in a LB's ability to get to the ball carrier.

This week the defense is without all four projected starters on the D-line. I predict all Cowboy LB's are going to struggle.

Let's wait until we have an actual D-line before we begin to address the effectiveness of a LB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes sir.....a good NG can eat up 2 blockers, a great one cN take 3....two good DTs should take up at least 3 blockers....that free the LBs to do there job....I used to to coach DL and we'd have DT grade out over 90 without making a tackle.....the would basically block for the DEs and LBs
He needs to show big time this year. He is due a big check next year. I think they cut him. But not all this is on him. The year LVE came in they both seemed to have a descent year. It looks bad because when he got paid he opened multiple businesses and gives the optics of concentrating on off field ventures before he earns his money. I think he is expecting that 9 million next year. But he has collected a kool 31 million already. I hope he shows better. But honestly they all looked lost Thursday at times.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to show big time this year. He is due a big check next year. I think they cut him. But not all this is on him. The year LVE came in they both seemed to have a descent year. It looks bad because when he got paid he opened multiple businesses and gives the optics of concentrating on off field ventures before he earns his money. I think he is expecting that 9 million next year. But he has collected a kool 31 million already. I hope he shows better. But honestly they all looked lost Thursday at times.
If we cut him, we only save 2.5 million because of dead money.....a good back up is still worth 2.5..... he's gonna have to be really bad for JJ to cut him. I hope he steps up..

glimmerman

Reaction score
There’s simply no denying it anymore. He’s a complete liability on the field.
Look at the other. They all looked lost. Our secondary is not good. But we have no pressure. The D-Line is just releasing blocks and letting them get to the second level. If it wasn’t brady back there then they could have ran all over us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the other. They all looked lost. Our secondary is not good. But we have no pressure. The D-Line is just releasing blocks and letting them get to the second level. If it wasn’t brady back there then they could have ran all over us.

If there’s this same ‘greatest misses’ compilation for ‘the others’, I’ll certainly approach things with an open mind and possibly change mine.

If not, then I won’t.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we cut him, we only save 2.5 million because of dead money.....a good back up is still worth 2.5..... he's gonna have to be really bad for JJ to cut him. I hope he steps up..
Yeah he is due 9 next year but after that he gets more expensive. Am hoping LVE bounces back this year. Kid can play. Or could. Everyone was high on our rookie LB but he looked as lost as any of the others out there. Why are they not knowing what the heck is going on. I was hoping the coaching would be better this year. Only the first game.