Jaylon Smith (15 plays)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me the secondary looked bad. And honestly look at the end. The brady long pass at the end. If any one can look at that and say godwin didn’t straight push our cb to the ground then they are crazy. A 40+ yard pass and if it was our WR that did that then there is flags everywhere. It’s the only time I have brought it up but it’s killing me. I saw our D play very weak from Jaylon on plays to our D-Line getting no pressure. But game on the line and they got away with the rip play of the game. Go look at it. Our kicker missing a chip shot and a extra point. Lamb dropping one between his hands that was a pick and killed a drive. Plenty of blame. And yeah it’s another Jaylon sucks thread. But he didn’t cost the game.

This is an attempted diversion of the actual thread topic and focus.

No sale.

:thumbdown:

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is an attempted diversion of the actual thread topic and focus.

No sale.

:thumbdown:
To me it’s like another Dak sucks thread. Jaylon didn’t cost us the game. Just a contributor. I am sure people will pick out plays this week of him sucking out. Team game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me it’s like another Dak sucks thread. Jaylon didn’t cost us the game. Just a contributor. I am sure people will pick out plays this week of him sucking out. Team game.

Nobody ever claimed ‘he cost us the game’. That’s an attempted Strawman argument.

The fact is that the tape shows him being an embarrassment on the few times he was on the field. And that’s the only thing this thread is about.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what you see that makes you think he can be a blitzer. He runs up to an OL...stops and never gets past them.
Depends on schemes, need to
Not sure what you see that makes you think he can be a blitzer. He runs up to an OL...stops and never gets past them.
Not that I think he's the best option, but in the current circumstances, SEND EM!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
put him on the defensive line. when he falls down, maybe he will trip the running back with his body when he runs over him. *swipe* *jumps up and celebrates the tripping*

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Again, people keep saying Jaylon should rush because we're light now at DE. Terrible idea. He can surprise blitz the A gap, sure. But he doesn't have the acceleration/burst to get around a tackle, nor does he have the strength to bull rush. He would get caught by the tackle 99/100 and eliminated.

Zman5

Reaction score
He looks like he's tip toeing around when he runs. Looks like a ballerina moving her feet fast while standing on her toe.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jaylon puts on a football clinic.

Symptoms and Signs of Foot Drop
Foot drop causes an abnormal decrease in the extent to which the foot can be lifted off the ground during the swing phase of normal walking.1 The swing phase refers to the part of a walk cycle where the front part of the foot lifts off before the heel presses down for the next step.

A few symptoms and signs of foot drop include:

• Inability to hold footwear. A feeling of loosening of the footwear may cause discomfort and dragging of the affected foot while walking.2
  • Tripping. Weakness in the muscles of the foot and toes may result in frequent tripping.2,3
  • Falls. It is common to lose balance, stumble, and fall with a foot drop. Falls occur due to the inability to properly lift the front part of the foot and toes while walking.4
  • High steppage gait. This type of walking pattern is characterized by raising the thigh up in an exaggerated fashion, such as in climbing stairs. A high steppage gait is attempted to prevent the toes from abnormally hitting or scraping the floor while walking.1,5
  • Circumduction gait. Sometimes, in order to avoid falls or tripping, a circumduction walking pattern, where the leg remains straight and swings to the side in a semicircle to move forward may be attempted.6
  • Limp foot. The affected foot may flop away from the body. It may also be difficult to climb stairs.
  • Numbness. Loss of sensation may occur on the front and/or outer side of the lower leg, and/or along the upper part of the foot.1
    See Leg Pain and Numbness: What Might These Symptoms Mean?

• Often unilateral. Foot drop typically affects one foot, especially when caused by a pinched nerve in the lower back or leg.7
  • Decrease in muscle mass. Weakening of the muscles may cause the muscle mass to reduce, especially when foot drop is caused by certain autoimmune conditions, such as multiple sclerosis.4
  • Romberg’s sign. There may be loss of balance while standing without support and with the eyes closed.5
The symptoms of foot drop may be constant or intermittent with periods of normal foot strength in between.

Beaker42

Reaction score
For the second year in a row the Cowboys start the season without the projected starters at DT, Hill and Gallimore this time.

This is supposed to be their "breakout" season. However, they aren't even suited up. The DT's play a critical role in a LB's ability to get to the ball carrier.

This week the defense is without all four projected starters on the D-line. I predict all Cowboy LB's are going to struggle.

Let's wait until we have an actual D-line before we begin to address the effectiveness of a LB.
You can’t defend that with a straight face. NO WAY.