News: Jaylon Smith a cornerstone?

Adreme

Reaction score
So basically it is just a matter of time before they sign him to another extension and this time for 4 years 75 million.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is where I believe Jones really becomes disingenuous and is no longer playing cute with the media.

He is openly lying to protect his rep.

I want to accept Jaylon along with his warts. He is not a nut job or deranged dude.

But to say he is more than what he is just image manipulation.

We can all see it and from a senile 70 something trillionaire..it means little.

But it's really something Jaylon probably wishes the owner would not do.

So with that in mind..

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry is always ...ALWAYS the optimist.

He'll always rave and praise players and coaches of his organization in public, in radio interviews, pre-post games ,press conferences, articles
..even he may devising ways with the rest of management in how to best get rid of this and that guy behind closed doors.

He will always try to publicly upsell you his players and coaches within his organization.

:p

And what's so strange is
although there aren't many of them, there are even a couple of Jerry apologists living here.
Or maybe just a couple of minions on payroll.

Either way it's weird and the reasons for their continued loyal support are as strange if not moreso than any other loyalist support groups here.

fansince68

Reaction score
Tied for 3rd in tackles.....tied for 4th in assisted tackles. That is in the entire NFL.

Last 2 games Jaylon has looked really good. I think a lot of fans are going to have to ignore another probowl appearance to justify their hate.
Jaylon gets a lot of his tackles in pursuit, problem is, he needs to fill the hole to stop the RB before he gets 5 yards across the line of scrimmage. Jaylon either has no instincts or he makes business decisions due to his handicap. Hard to believe the "thumper" LB could guess wrong as often as he does.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I know Jaylon is 3rd in the league in tackles and that is part of his story.
Jaylon is rated 5th overall in my IDP FF league.
Proof why stats are only numbers and not reflective of true validity.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Tied for 3rd in tackles.....tied for 4th in assisted tackles. That is in the entire NFL.

Last 2 games Jaylon has looked really good. I think a lot of fans are going to have to ignore another probowl appearance to justify their hate.
Do you even watch the games?

I have no idea how someone could defend Jaylon Smith, he’s absolute trash.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The big step forward came in '18 when Smith was one of the best defenders on the field for the Boys.

But, like a handful of other players, he too has declined & should be released after the season.

Declined? It’s worse. It is very clear that Jaylon is gliding out there and cashing a pay check. He is a disgrace.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem with Booger trying to save some face after giving him a fat contract because he's a spinner.

If he truly thinks Smith is the cornerstone of a good defense, big problem but not surprising.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Do you even watch the games?

I have no idea how someone could defend Jaylon Smith, he’s absolute trash.
Defend? I just stated a fact. Which actually was wrong because Jaylon in 2nd in the NFL in tackles and that is a part of his story. This is either true or it is not.

basel90

Reaction score
Smith, like Zeke and DLaw, once they got paid they declined their production. Dallas needs to be more like Belichek: trade players before their big pay day is due.
dak could be next by the way . plus the injury issue.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Defend? I just stated a fact. Which actually was wrong because Jaylon in 2nd in the NFL in tackles and that is a part of his story. This is either true or it is not.
Most plays end in a tackle. Someone has to get them.

It lends very little value to determining the effectiveness of a player, especially those who play off the line of scrimmage.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
That position is not defined by the amount of tackles he has... he can lead the nfl in tackles and I’ll sit here and tell you he’s : out of position, doesn’t make impactful plays, isn’t good against the run, isn’t good against the pass, he doesn’t have good instincts...

He’s good at one thing.. he has decent straight line speed which he uses to chase down people to pad his stats.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Most plays end in a tackle. Someone has to get them.

It lends very little value to determining the effectiveness of a player, especially those who play off the line of scrimmage.
Cool. But why are folks acting like I slapped their wife because I stated a fact? It is almost like they are contradicting themselves. Clearly they must see some type of value if they automatically get mad for me saying that the guy is 2nd in tackles in the NFL and claim that I am defending him lol. The truth is out there....lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That position is not defined by the amount of tackles he has... he can lead the nfl in tackles and I’ll sit here and tell you he’s : out of position, doesn’t make impactful plays, isn’t good against the run, isn’t good against the pass, he doesn’t have good instincts...

He’s good at one thing.. he has decent straight line speed which he uses to chase down people to pad his stats.
Is Jaylon second in the NFL in tackles? Because that is all that I stated. Dude was 7th in tackles last year and made the probowl. Could happen again. All I freaking said. I appreciate yall making me laugh though.

75boyz

Reaction score
Is Jaylon second in the NFL in tackles? Because that is all that I stated. Dude was 7th in tackles last year and made the probowl. Could happen again. All I freaking said. I appreciate yall making me laugh though.

Regardless of tackle numbers
Regardless of his pro bowl from last year

And my favorite of yours...
That's a part of his story...

And you didn't slap my mom...

So again...

"Assuming" you have average intelligence,
big assumption at this point, ...

Just because he has "x" number of tackles or was voted to the pro bowl last year or is a part of your opinion's story of him...

DOES NOT MEAN HES GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES
Quantity (of tackles) DOES NOT equal quality
Cal poly explained it yesterday
Context is everything.

If your response is geared toward your BS story stance and you still don't get it,
You need help.

And you are right about one thing again as with your Rick James post yesterday. Just NOT in the way you think. And that is...
There is a lot of laughing goin on...

But I'm seriously thinking it might be a special needs case or you're a really good actor.
I hope it's the latter, lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Regardless of tackle numbers
Regardless of his pro bowl from last year

And my favorite of yours...
That's a part of his story...

And you didn't slap my mom...

So again...

"Assuming" you have average intelligence,
big assumption at this point, ...

Just because he has "x" number of tackles or was voted to the pro bowl last year or is a part of your opinion's story of him...

DOES NOT MEAN HES GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES
Quantity (of tackles) DOES NOT equal quality
Cal poly explained it yesterday
Context is everything.

If your response is geared toward your BS story stance and you still don't get it,
You need help.

And you are right about one thing again as with your Rick James post yesterday. Just NOT in the way you think. And that is...
There is a lot of laughing goin on...

But I'm seriously thinking it might be a special needs case or you're a really good actor.
I hope it's the latter, lol
I only made a statement which was factual. You are arguing with me and I honestly dont think you even know why except for maybe you think tackles do matter lol. Continue I'm at work alone today.