Video: Jaylon Smith Injury Guarantee clause?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He looked slow, and looked overweight to me. He needs to get in better shape.
I am wiling to see what happens this year, because I know he will be on the team.
So all of these dump Jaylon threads and posts will be repeated. I will try to stay out of them at this point. Just as I try to stay away from most Zeke threads, and many Dak threads.
re:jaylon
Someone else thought his weight was a problem too. That could be contributing, but I think the leg is a bigger part of it.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The guy cannot move side to side, its obvious his leg wont let him......he should be a backup at best if the DC upgrades the LB position...

Mannix

Reaction score
Just “look at the film”....why would you cut this guy?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When the Cowboys finally cut bait with this fool he will be out of the league before you know it. IMHO it is pretty similar to the Dez situation. We always end up being the only ones who value these guys and we only value them because we gave them bad contracts. When the contract finally gets to a point where we can cut them loose they disappear off the face of the earth.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
When the Cowboys finally cut bait with this fool he will be out of the league before you know it. IMHO it is pretty similar to the Dez situation. We always end up being the only ones who value these guys and we only value them because we gave them bad contracts. When the contract finally gets to a point where we can cut them loose they disappear off the face of the earth.
Jaylon is the most productive player on defense for the last 2 seasons with garbage coaching. We would be stupid to cut bait so that a coach that knows what he is doing gets him back in the probowl.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon is the most productive player on defense for the last 2 seasons with garbage coaching. We would be stupid to cut bait so that a coach that knows what he is doing gets him back in the probowl.
Brother all the Jaylon haters see is his mistakes. He played very well the last 5 games of the season. Look at PFF grades if you don’t believe me. My concern for Jaylon is the media seems to have turned on him. That tool Dave Helman tried to discredit his tackles saying Jaylon has too many assists and pile jumps.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not even close to Dez's situation. Dez was clearly on the decline and was cut. Nobody wanted him for price he was asking. Balt made an offer but he declined. Went to NO and blew out his achilles. Nobody would touch him for 2 seasons until Balt came calling again this year. If we cut Jaylon today, he'd be on a new team within a week.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry got abused on this contract. His jolly, generous nature has never been rewarded by players.

Big_D

Reaction score
Cowboys are stuck with Jaylon for another year. Like it or not, that's just the way it is. His guaranteed money makes it no sense to cut him. Unless the Cowboys could trade him.

A year from now, completely different story.

At least we got a feel good story out of it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Brother all the Jaylon haters see is his mistakes. He played very well the last 5 games of the season. Look at PFF grades if you don’t believe me. My concern for Jaylon is the media seems to have turned on him. That tool Dave Helman tried to discredit his tackles saying Jaylon has too many assists and pile jumps.
Yea the first thing anyone should know about the media is that they always have an agenda. Typically that agenda is to be first to report regardless of if the information is accurate or not. Then even if there is proof that the information is not accurate they still report the information as fact or opinion based on facts just for views and clicks.

Yea Jaylon clearly has become the media's favorite Cowboy to pick on for clicks and views. Fans unfortunately believe everything that they click on.....

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea the first thing anyone should know about the media is that they always have an agenda. Typically that agenda is to be first to report regardless of if the information is accurate or not. Then even if there is proof that the information is not accurate they still report the information as fact or opinion based on facts just for views and clicks.

Yea Jaylon clearly has become the media's favorite Cowboy to pick on for clicks and views. Fans unfortunately believe everything that they click on.....
It is strange. I wonder if people in the front office put the media up to this to convince Jerry to let him go. I mean let’s be honest most of the Cowboys players and coaches did not live up to their contracts.