Video: Jaylon Smith Interview

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting 5 tackles on a 12 Play drive is not good. That's why he had so many. He never made any game changing, drive killing plays.

when the DL was a sieve the LB’s will get more tackles. They then compensate to do others jobs also.
They can’t make every play. So the bad ones always stand out more to fans when things aren’t going right.
Therefore the hate. Much which is unwarranted. Add that to outrageous expectations.

I had my frustration with him as well as others.
I even commented during games how he looked much slower than normal. But then again in the 4th quarter when the defense is constantly out on the field. All players are slower. Other players had play killing drives as well.

As I said, I did not all of a sudden hate or not like him as a player. And I will give him this year. At least they addressed LB in the draft, so if he struggles, will they play Cox more.

conner01

Reaction score
Oh for sure! I’m not rooting against any Dallas player ever!
As we should
As for smith and LVE I think both are playing for their future here because both could be gone after this season
I think one is a lock to be gone and both are on the bubble
I don’t think you could keep LVE if you keep smith and both being gone is highly likely
LVE has a shot if we move on from smith and free up money we could use on him
It all comes down to what the guys we’ve added do
Not just parsons because he’d only replace one
But Cox and these hybrids
If they show they can fill the shoes of the other then financially it would be a benefit to move on from both
LVE having a great year could pay benefits the following year so hopefully he has a career year whether he stays or goes

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I still like a good camp report but I will not buy what they are selling until I see that the product has changed. I hear every year how this year will be special and how good the team is. I’m over it.

With that said I’ll watch every preseason game and every hard knocks the second it comes out lol.

They literally said just last season that this was a whole new defense and not as simple as the RM scheme. Then they went on to s the bed and be one of the worst defenses of all time. I should take your advice and ignore all the talk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..I'm actually rooting for Jaylon. Hoping he has a great year. Quinn might be his savior. Seems like a nice chap.
I am too. WHo wouldn't? Seems like a fine chap sure!

But...that jump step.....is gimp. A terrible injury and miraculous recovery (lottsa hard work I am sure!).
Just not NFL football cured.

I know everyone says it...I do sincerely hope I am wrong. But I watched jump to bat a ball and simply refused to land on that foot. I was like...what just happened?

Praxit

Reaction score
I am too. WHo wouldn't? Seems like a fine chap sure!

But...that jump step.....is gimp. A terrible injury and miraculous recovery (lottsa hard work I am sure!).
Just not NFL football cured.

I know everyone says it...I do sincerely hope I am wrong. But I watched jump to bat a ball and simply refused to land on that foot. I was like...what just happened?
..oh wow, I haven't seen anything with him being gimpy. All though many sources have said other wise. What I get from him is low instincts for the ball.

Can you tag a vid here with him showing problems landing on that bad leg?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't seem to remember Jeff Heath being defended from the 'haters' as much as Smith is.

I guess unconditional love is not so unconditional after all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..oh wow, I haven't seen anything with him being gimpy. All though many sources have said other wise. What I get from him is low instincts for the ball.

Can you tag a vid here with him showing problems landing on that bad leg?
Sure...stand by. I will get us reference material.
He hasn't suddenly lost instincts. Protecting the injured leg causes him trouble with his natural ability.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anytime I see an interview, film, or quotes from this guy I cringe
dont click on it.no ones forcing you to watch or even follow the team or certain players..

BTEW he didn't say one thing that was odd or not true..solid interview..make a big deal because you dont like the guy yet you watch it...hmm

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's easy to criticize Smith because of the way he played last year and some of the embarrassing videos that came out on social media, like when he ran into the wrong gap on a running play and looked ridiculous.

But I agree that he's a great person that works hard; and after watching interviews like this, as a Cowboys fan, you want to root for the guy. I hope he has a tremendous season and silences all the critics.

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
dont click on it.no ones forcing you to watch or even follow the team or certain players..

BTEW he didn't say one thing that was odd or not true..solid interview..make a big deal because you dont like the guy yet you watch it...hmm
Didn’t watch this one but ok