Twitter: Jaylon Smith looked exactly like a difference making LB on Sunday

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I dont really know how to attempt to explain it TBH.

The only possible thing I can think of is that....nah that's not even it.

I don't really know. He seems to be headed backward more often than not.
Jaylon you mean? He has no feel for reading an offense, regardless of what the DL is doing in front of him. There are just so many examples of him being in the wrong gap, being late, or overrunning his angle.

Against the Giants, he's helped because they're so bad he can read it late and then go make a play anyways. I also think that they basically had him playing man-to-man on the RB, without having to worry about the QB running. On all those plays, he pretty much just follows the back, doesn't look like he's really keying the OL.

Cebrin

Reaction score
We probably wouldn't be saying this if they had their best player in the backfield.

aria

Reaction score
Smith and Lawrence both were different players.

Someone challenged their manhood - maybe it was the fans and media - I don't know!

The effort level by Demarcus was remarkably different which makes me like him even less than I already did - he is a piece of trash!
Or they was going against one the worst O lines in the league?

Hmmmmm...4 very bad games and they coincidentally “break out” against the worst offense in the league.

quickccc

Reaction score
i complained about his performances and questioned him as a player most times, but i have to admit he had a much improved game output vs Giants ...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Or they was going against one the worst O lines in the league?

Hmmmmm...4 very bad games and they coincidentally “break out” against the worst offense in the league.

Well that's possible but effort is effort and before Sunday Demarcus showed none!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see how does against better teams from here on out but it will be awhile before we play one.

I agree, unlike some I'm not going to get after a guy coming off a good game but he has to bring it week in and week out. He deserves some of the praise he is getting today just as he deserved to take the heat for poor play. Like you I want to see it continue this coming weekend and you can put DLaw in the same group of guys who need to perform to the level they are expected to play. That is why they got the checks they got.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Its almost a 180 turn, so proud of the guy. Hope whatever he did, to continue.

Mr_437

Reaction score
You gotta give credit for a good game.

Having said that, Jaylon knows JG's offense, so he better had had a good game. Have good game vs ARI and maybe we'll have something to talk about regarding #54

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL. He had "some positive plays" like 14 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

The surest sign of a dumb person is when they lock into a narrative and can't admit they are wrong.

Surest sign of a moron is thinking one game now defines a player.

Surest sign of a dumb person is looking at tackle totals and thinking it speaks to a linebacker’s ability.

What’s next? Looking at passing yards and surmising the QB with the most yards = the best?

And it’s complete irony re: admitting when you’re wrong. You’re far and away the forum’s biggest liar.

Bar none.

You’ve been exposed over and over because you refuse to admit you’re a blowhard.

From “whut do inpatient mean?” to “this is all Y2K all over again” to claiming you’re affiliated with Caltech to doctoring my posts to remove context.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
And it’s complete irony re: admitting when you’re wrong. You’re far and away the forum’s biggest liar.

Did Travis Knight tell you that? Or did he tell you to insult veterans because "Muh Daddy rode a desk chair at Moffett Field"?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did Travis Knight tell you that? Or did he tell you to insult veterans because "Muh Daddy rode a desk chair at Moffett Field"?

Looool, I don’t know, did “Lance Bass” to you that?

Again, more irony....you pathetically cry wolf “you insulted a veteran” and turn around and attempt to denigrate my father, a veteran of 23 years, service in the Navy.

:lmao2:

Kaiser

Reaction score
You gotta give credit for a good game.

Having said that, Jaylon knows JG's offense, so he better had had a good game. Have good game vs ARI and maybe we'll have something to talk about regarding #54

This week will be a big tell, IMO the change was way more about the coaches simplifying things and Jaylon not having to worry about covering the entire field because the defense was missing so many assignments.

Going to be interesting, but the Cards game may be more like Seattle where Jaylon has to play Spy all day. Though Jaylon did have 8 tackles in that game.

vicjagger

Reaction score
When our backs are against the wall after a loss
The media criticizes us harshly like a cranky boss

Let's rally and actually start trying this week!
Hoo-rah, we won! And we looked very sleek

Everything is back to normal
Time to take the foot off the pedal

Next week let's take it easy
Rinse and repeat, very cheesy

Go Cowboys!
Yes. Very cheesy indeed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Its not a mental issue if you transition to a complicated defense without a preseason and you a LB that has to cover for assignment breakdowns. Smith could have picked up the new defense faster but its no coincidence that Smith keeps improving as the rest of the defense settles into the new defense and blows fewer assignments.
Hopefully, sure.

They seemed to pick it up after Dak went down.

Maybe that helps things. In no way do I think Dalton is any kind of upgrade, but there was also no way this team was going anywhere with Dak the way this defense was playing....so maybe they get serious now.

Let's see.