Twitter: Jaylon Smith making a comeback?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, I theorize Jaylon Smith is an endangered species! That boogered-up footsie isn't serving him well. (Sigh) -- let's face it.:huh:

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you actually watched the man play for this team and still have respect for him then you are blind or insane.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A 4.5 is phenomenal for a LB. He's very fast, and still is. Just can't turn. That's why he was good for one year, until teams learned to simply make him have to turn. He can't. Game over.
It's really not. Also he doesn't run a 4.5. He hasn't in awhile. But yeah, he did have some solid play, but it was more the surroundings. You can literally see it in this video. There is nothing phenomenal about him.

streetcredit

Reaction score
A 4.5 is phenomenal for a LB. He's very fast, and still is. Just can't turn. That's why he was good for one year, until teams learned to simply make him have to turn. He can't. Game over.
This makes no sense. Try again...or watch some of his games

streetcredit

Reaction score
Who? Oh hat guy who constantly quit and gave up on plays. Cant believe he got paid. One of the most embarrassing players to ever wear a cowboys uniform for sure.
Somehow he's managed to have a few fans; fans that don't care about heart and football IQ

kskboys

Reaction score
It's really not. Also he doesn't run a 4.5. He hasn't in awhile. But yeah, he did have some solid play, but it was more the surroundings. You can literally see it in this video. There is nothing phenomenal about him.
Absolutely. His inability to turn has robbed him of everything.

He's prolly still close to a 4.5, and yes, a 4.5 is great for a LB. Ware was a 4.5 guy. Parsons 4.39 at his size is freakish.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, he comes running full speed at you, then you take one step to the left and he's on the ground from missing you. What I see in the video is once he turns it takes a while for him to get back up to speed. I guess that's when he's thinking about celebrating his straight-line speed and not remembering to start back up. oh well, he's gone, we can beat him some more another day.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I always rooted for Jaylon but he has always been soft. I liked him when he made plays and was disappointed when he didn't. In the end I was disappointed.

The nail in the coffin for me was when he started piling on already tackled players and running down the field acting like he made the tackle. I bet there were some grumblings in the locker room about him trying to take credit for other peoples tackles and may have been a reason he was cut in season.