Twitter: Jaylon Smith making a comeback?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
J Smooth happily traded the success of the team for the promotion of his own brand. He deserves a special place in the Cowboys Hall of Shame.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think he's far from stupid. But I notice some of you make it a point when you dont like a certain player to make sure you attack their intelligence.
And he's not slow at all. He regained his speed after the surgery. What he didn't regain was his lateral agility. He can't turn. And until that is regained, he's simply a straightline player, the type that gets cut.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m a big JS fan.

but his knee was rebuilt and he was never going to have a long career.

no team wants to take a risk with $$$ because that knee is going to go.

It’s amazing what he accomplished with that knee though.

he’s a warrior.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And he's not slow at all. He regained his speed after the surgery. What he didn't regain was his lateral agility. He can't turn. And until that is regained, he's simply a straightline player, the type that gets cut.
He's not fast in a straight line either.

GINeric

Reaction score
The only comeback he's made is chasing the ball carrier after clogging up the wrong hole. The runner cuts to the left, Jaylon runs to the middle where the ball carrier isn't....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's not fast in a straight line either.

I'm with the other guy. Jaylon is plenty fast still in a straight line. Did we forget that amazing play where he tracked down Alvin Kamara who was trying to outrun him to the pylon? Or a similar play he made against the Texans' Deshaun Watson? The leg works okay when running straight ahead, but he can't backpedal or turn and run worth a damn. That knee was always going to abandon him at some point.. He got 4 years playing in the NFL out of it. That's 4 more than was predicted after his injury.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm with the other guy. Jaylon is plenty fast still in a straight line. Did we forget that amazing play where he tracked down Alvin Kamara who was trying to outrun him to the pylon? Or a similar play he made against the Texans' Deshaun Watson? The leg works okay when running straight ahead, but he can't backpedal or turn and run worth a damn. That knee was always going to abandon him at some point.. He got 4 years playing in the NFL out of it. That's 4 more than was predicted after his injury.
No he's not. I'm talking about the present. There's training footage all over the place and he looks like a 10th grader with bricks on his feet. You can go back and list all the plays he caught up to someone throughout his career and you could double the times he was a slug to the ball.

Redline360

Reaction score
No lateral movement, can't back pedal, clogs the wrong holes, can't plant and tackle, and has probably they worst instincts ever.

But no one better at chasing players 10 yards down line.

I understand his drive and his comeback from the injury is an incredible story however he needs to realize it's time to let go. Damn near every nfl expert and medical expert had him never playing again. Just be glad of your 30m + earnings and the stupidity of Jerry

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
A tryout is not the same thing as resigning him, numbskull. Where did you go to school?
Why would you waste ONE second trying him out...he is through...plus, he had become an annoyance when he wasn't in the game. Someone, please post that pathetic clip of him going the wrong direction at the line of scrimmage against the Bengals.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Nothing to do with injuries, the guy has no heart.....he does not like playing football, he likes the perks of being a football player