Video: Jaylon Smith Marcus Wiley Nails it Acho is far off

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Re watching the Panthers & my post about reservations on our D

I don't care what everyone's feelings are.......his jumping on the pile 7yds downfield is embarrassing

#9 was a liability more than a playmaker

stiletto

Reaction score
Another scripted show.. I'm sick of the 1v1 argument sports shows, it's lame.

and..I don't care what anyone says. The defense is going to be better now that Jaylon will be receiving exactly 0 snaps.

JayFord

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is this

look at Jaylon before the snap.....hes constantly waving his arms around and frequently looks confused as to where hes supposed to be

it was exhausting and I liked Jaylon he got alot of flak alot was warrented and some wasnt but him being confused frequently was too much man....too much

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I understand the concerns of messing with the locker room dynamics. However, these are professional athletes and should be able to overcome the surprise of a player being cut. We've probably all been part of a team that has had a fellow employee that got fired or abruptly left. Yes it may be surprising and you may be disappointed to see someone you like no longer there, but for most people it doesn't impact your ability to do your job. Then someone else replaces that person and you move forward.

Bottom line if athletes mope around for a while after a player gets cut they're probably not mentally tough enough to be playing when the game is on the line.

Knotamus

Reaction score
There’s obviously a ton of opinions ab Jaylon, so I’ll try to keep mine short an sweet..

1st: I loved his determination to battle back from his injury and faith in himself to prove most wrong when he returned to not only play football again, but at a Probowl level. I supported him 100% and was a fan

2nd: Yet, when he obviously was regressing and still pranced around swiping negative plays.. I found it odd and annoying. At that point, he made me pay more attention..and I did. I realized game after game that he was part of the problem on defense than the solution. Honestly it hurt my spirit that I started pointing out more negative plays than I personally wanted to.

3rd: For awhile there, I gave him the benefit of the doubt bc I didn’t want to relinquish the “feel good comeback story” of Jaylon. I suppose I prefer to root for the “underdog”.. maybe that’s my vise. The problem is.. Jaylon physical deficiencies wasn’t the only concern, his pre snap (and post snap for that matter) progressively seemed to get worse, which is exactly the opposite of what you’d expect from a veteran, much less a “leader” of defense. Then throw in the obtuse (possibly arrogant) attitude that rubbed many the wrong way, including myself. Hence the delusional personality comments, which I don’t buy one bit. Jaylon is completely aware of his flaws, unfortunately for him.. there’s not much he can do about at this point of his life, other than ride it out as long as he can. Good for him, but bad for the Cowboys(and now the Packers).

I’m sure personally l, he’s a great guy as many seem to still gravitate to him regardless of his performance on the field. I’m not sad he’s gone. It was the best decision for the Cowboys. I’m more impressed (or surprised) that the FO actually made the move, that speaks volumes to me.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
How do they allow the moronic motor mouth Acho to go on air with this nonsense?? Really Acho?? Parsons is only playing over Jaylon because he's a first round pick???? Is this dude really trying to say that Parsons isn't ALREADY, at this early *** point in his career, 10 times the linebacker and overall player than Jaylon ever was???

I cannot STAND Emmanuel Acho anymore, and it truly is NOT due to his absolutely moronic takes about the Cowboys. You see, I can handle the moronic takes, because countless other talking heads also have absolutely biased and moronic takes on the Cowboys.

No, the reason why I cannot stand that wannabe intellectual putz Acho is because he consistently backs up his asinine, idiotic hot takes with INCORRECT and FALSE evidence/facts/information yet continually parades around with this embarrassing, cringeworthy braggadocio, all the while being incorrect.

Please, FS1, I understand that Acho is the new "hot" personality on sports tv and his little youtube interviews generated a lot of buzz, but for God's sakes, take the guy off the air. He is terrible and is turning into another Skip Bayless. Thank you. Goodnight and Good riddance.

Rant over <end.>

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Another scripted show.. I'm sick of the 1v1 argument sports shows, it's lame.

and..I don't care what anyone says. The defense is going to be better now that Jaylon will be receiving exactly 0 snaps.
You should watch it. Wiley is pretty spot on and in agreement with you.

bsheeern

Reaction score
I understand the concerns of messing with the locker room dynamics. However, these are professional athletes and should be able to overcome the surprise of a player being cut. We've probably all been part of a team that has had a fellow employee that got fired or abruptly left. Yes it may be surprising and you may be disappointed to see someone you like no longer there, but for most people it doesn't impact your ability to do your job. Then someone else replaces that person and you move forward.

Bottom line if athletes mope around for a while after a player gets cut they're probably not mentally tough enough to be playing when the game is on the line.
Who on this defense has even been here long even to care about Jaylon like that, anyway. LVE, Tank & Brown, but almost everyone else, as far as who is contributing this season, is fairly new. These new guys will move on quickly.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Loved Wiley’s take, then Tweedle-dee had to chime in and ruin the segment.

My feelings on this are you had him on the books for this year... keep playing him in limited roll like you were, and then you can relieve the LB and give them a break Now we have to give parsons more reps and others more reps. these guys are rookies and some have not played in over a year. I would have released him before the season signed someone to take his reps. but its done and over so we move on and I just say prayers the LBs don't get hurt and our depth is gone.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Marcellus is one of the smartest people on television. He’s a thousand times more insightful on everything than Michael Strayhan is on anything.