Video: Jaylon Smith Marcus Wiley Nails it Acho is far off

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
My feelings on this are you had him on the books for this year... keep playing him in limited roll like you were, and then you can relieve the LB and give them a break Now we have to give parsons more reps and others more reps. these guys are rookies and some have not played in over a year. I would have released him before the season signed someone to take his reps. but its done and over so we move on and I just say prayers the LBs don't get hurt and our depth is gone.
Nope. You're wrong.

If Jaylon had been kept BUT GOT INJURED ALL OF A SUDDEN, next year's salary of $9+ million would end up guaranteed and force the Cowboys to pay him whether Jaylon remained on the team or not.

This is why the Cowboys cut him now while he's healthy and before he suffers an injury...aside from his diminishing performance on the field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20211006-220158-You-Tube.jpg

star-ving

Reaction score
There’s obviously a ton of opinions ab Jaylon, so I’ll try to keep mine short an sweet..

1st: I loved his determination to battle back from his injury and faith in himself to prove most wrong when he returned to not only play football again, but at a Probowl level. I supported him 100% and was a fan

2nd: Yet, when he obviously was regressing and still pranced around swiping negative plays.. I found it odd and annoying. At that point, he made me pay more attention..and I did. I realized game after game that he was part of the problem on defense than the solution. Honestly it hurt my spirit that I started pointing out more negative plays than I personally wanted to.

3rd: For awhile there, I gave him the benefit of the doubt bc I didn’t want to relinquish the “feel good comeback story” of Jaylon. I suppose I prefer to root for the “underdog”.. maybe that’s my vise. The problem is.. Jaylon physical deficiencies wasn’t the only concern, his pre snap (and post snap for that matter) progressively seemed to get worse, which is exactly the opposite of what you’d expect from a veteran, much less a “leader” of defense. Then throw in the obtuse (possibly arrogant) attitude that rubbed many the wrong way, including myself. Hence the delusional personality comments, which I don’t buy one bit. Jaylon is completely aware of his flaws, unfortunately for him.. there’s not much he can do about at this point of his life, other than ride it out as long as he can. Good for him, but bad for the Cowboys(and now the Packers).

I’m sure personally l, he’s a great guy as many seem to still gravitate to him regardless of his performance on the field. I’m not sad he’s gone. It was the best decision for the Cowboys. I’m more impressed (or surprised) that the FO actually made the move, that speaks volumes to me.
Thank you for doing all the work of typing out my thoughts since he was drafted.

Adding to that, I was kind of in denial (up until last year) because of the feel-good story he was by almost overcoming a career-ending injury...And from his college dominance, I was holding on to the potential that never developed. I wanted those bragging rights that he was such a "steal".

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
If Jaylon was being vocal about his limited playing time as some rumors have said then he needed to go.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When your playing back there with 2 others and one is ooking confused then you will be peeking to see if you need to slide over and help. Makes your job harder especially when you been getting gashed in the run for a few years.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So...basically if you're winning games don't get rid of bad, high priced players.
Don’t mess with what’s working. No I don’t buy That either. It’s OK for people to be upset that they’re losing a teammate. But they don’t Let it affect their level of play. I don’t know why some fans think everything is going to affect them on the field. Because they say something during the week

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Don’t mess with what’s working. No I don’t buy That either. It’s OK for people to be upset that they’re losing a teammate. But they don’t Let it affect their level of play. I don’t know why some fans think everything is going to affect them on the field. Because they say something during the week
He's paraphrasing what Acho was saying

What's funny about that?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Puts the other players on notice. They will play harder. But off field these guys are friends. So your buddy gets canned and you see people talking smack then you stick up for them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s obviously a ton of opinions ab Jaylon, so I’ll try to keep mine short an sweet..

1st: I loved his determination to battle back from his injury and faith in himself to prove most wrong when he returned to not only play football again, but at a Probowl level. I supported him 100% and was a fan

2nd: Yet, when he obviously was regressing and still pranced around swiping negative plays.. I found it odd and annoying. At that point, he made me pay more attention..and I did. I realized game after game that he was part of the problem on defense than the solution. Honestly it hurt my spirit that I started pointing out more negative plays than I personally wanted to.

3rd: For awhile there, I gave him the benefit of the doubt bc I didn’t want to relinquish the “feel good comeback story” of Jaylon. I suppose I prefer to root for the “underdog”.. maybe that’s my vise. The problem is.. Jaylon physical deficiencies wasn’t the only concern, his pre snap (and post snap for that matter) progressively seemed to get worse, which is exactly the opposite of what you’d expect from a veteran, much less a “leader” of defense. Then throw in the obtuse (possibly arrogant) attitude that rubbed many the wrong way, including myself. Hence the delusional personality comments, which I don’t buy one bit. Jaylon is completely aware of his flaws, unfortunately for him.. there’s not much he can do about at this point of his life, other than ride it out as long as he can. Good for him, but bad for the Cowboys(and now the Packers).

I’m sure personally l, he’s a great guy as many seem to still gravitate to him regardless of his performance on the field. I’m not sad he’s gone. It was the best decision for the Cowboys. I’m more impressed (or surprised) that the FO actually made the move, that speaks volumes to me.

I think another angle to this story is that our defense is so much improved, Jaylons...difficulties?....are more obvious. Diggs and Parsons plays help make Jaylon look more silly. The opportunity to make tackles 5-7 yards downfield are reduced. What's left for Jaylon? Spy duty for a running QB? Not gonna happen on this new defense.

Scotman

Reaction score

Really well put

Rayman70

Reaction score
Acho is clearly controlled opposition. He has 0 clue what the facts are.

glimmerman

Reaction score
"smack"?....or "facts"?
If you and I were friends and people talk crap about you then I will say something. Maybe that’s just me. He is playing average. If he sucked that bad he wouldn’t have been picked up the same day. He just isn’t playing up to his contract and would not drop the injury clause.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you and I were friends and people talk crap about you then I will say something. Maybe that’s just me. He is playing average. If he sucked that bad he wouldn’t have been picked up the same day. He just isn’t playing up to his contract and would not drop the injury clause.
he's a role player. Never will be anything else. I never seen such outcry for a guy that is an average role player. Jeesh.

glimmerman

Reaction score
he's a role player. Never will be anything else. I never seen such outcry for a guy that is an average role player. Jeesh.
I am not crying out. Just making a point about his team mate that’s a friend taking exception to people talking crap about him. He simply didn’t play up to his contract. 2019 was it. He got paid and had other business. He is average. Maybe now he will concentrate harder if he wants to play football. We should see improved LB play this weekend.

CapnB

Reaction score
"How you get so slow so fast" I laughed because its true but then cried because its me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am not crying out. Just making a point about his team mate that’s a friend taking exception to people talking crap about him. He simply didn’t play up to his contract. 2019 was it. He got paid and had other business. He is average. Maybe now he will concentrate harder if he wants to play football. We should see improved LB play this weekend.
I didnt mean u. I was venting about the TV pundits and other players on social media. Me and u are good.I meant what I said in a general sense.