Jaylon Smith nerve regenerating

Proof

Reaction score
Jaylon will be a monster. Whatever the particulars of his situation are TODAY don't really concern me. He's trending up,everyone close to the situation continues to speak definitively and I'm drinking from the cup of optimism. Dude will be a difference maker.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
The nerve appears to be healing/recovering, which is great. The nerve has not recovered to the point where it can effectively fire to contract his ankle dorsiflexors (the muscles that pick up his foot). The tingling and other signs of improvement that he is experiencing are all good signs. However, nerves are tricky and there is no guarantee that these nerves will fully recover. That's not being pessimistic. That's simply stating fact. It sounds like his recovery is headed in the right direction and he MAY recover fully. That's awesome. He seems like an incredible kid and we are all pulling for him. For those that want to know how I have some knowledge about this injury, I have a doctorate in physical therapy. Unfortunately, I do not have a crystal ball. Hopefully, we can all cheer for him while he's on the field next season instead of guessing, and going back and forth, about a question to which NONE of us truly know the answer

Wood

Reaction score
His quote was "there seems to be celebration,oh the nerve is firing...that's not the case"

I'm not sure if firing is different than regenerating. Which Jaylon said the Dr. confirmed.

let me help to clarify. Nerve firing isn't an all or nothing type of deal. It can partially fire which I believe is the case with Jaylon. He reported increased sensation atleast 4 months ago. So that tells us nerve regeneration has been occurring for while now. The critical thing now is can the nerve regeneration continue to point that it resolves his foot drop and allow him to play without the AFO device/brace. That is what everyone is waiting on. Mikey was just reporting that nothing much changed and he was correct...the drop foot is still present which means the nerve isn't fully firing yet.