Jaylon Smith nerve regenerating

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Micky on Talkin yesterday speaking about this story?

He was not as positive.

Reactions: JPM

cowboys2233

Reaction score
"I'll be convinced when he starts practicing without the brace".

Are the words I got from a pretty good source. What a party pooper, but probably accurate. Still, good news

Yeah, not sure what Archer meant by the brace no longer being an issue? He's still wearing it, so yes, it is still an issue.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what Archer meant by the brace no longer being an issue? He's still wearing it, so yes, it is still an issue.

Could be that he's able to get by / do things without it already, but still uses it while he continues rehabbing. Who knows.

Anyway, man...

The position Jaylon is in is such an incredible opportunity for us. This kid has an indomitable spirit, has as much positive energy as there is, and just a great mentality. I have a feeling that nearly having his dreams snatched from him, coupled with Dallas not only taking a chance on him, but doing it with a high pick and paying him for the year, that we will get a kid that's not only salivating to play, but to play his heart out for us. He seems like the kind of kid to really not take anything for granted, and doubly so now considering the circumstances. I feel like he's going to be a gym/film room junkie and really leave every iota of his being on the field for the blue and silver. On top of that, he's had an entire year to soak up everything Sean Lee has to offer, and a full year of digesting the playbook.... Yeesh.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They did say the nerve was regenerating and when asked if that was just what he was feeling or was it what the doctors where saying he said Both. I don't know why this is so hard to imagine, the doctor who did the procedure was quite confident it would heal. Now if Jaylon is running a 4.5 with a brace then all the talk about foot drop is a complete joke by message board poster who are not qualified to speak on it. I have held off saying anything of the subject until it came from Jaylon himself.

You would think the man himself who hasn't had feeling in his leg since the injury could tell if he has feeling in his foot. Uh, duh!

That's not something you say unless you're pretty sure you feel a sensation in your leg. I'm with you. I was waiting for Jaylon to say something. Previously, he hasn't said anything about his nerve firing. Now he has. That is indeed a good sign. So my hope is increasing. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
You would think the man himself who hasn't had feeling in his leg since the injury could tell if he has feeling in his foot. Uh, duh!

That's not something you say unless you're pretty sure you feel a sensation in your leg. I'm with you. I was waiting for Jaylon to say something. Previously, he hasn't said anything about his nerve firing. Now he has. That is indeed a good sign. So my hope is increasing. :)

For this fan, I can hardly wait until Smith gets on the field with Sean Lee.

And yes, Jerry Jones has finally learned about linebackers!

phildadon86

Reaction score
I keep saying it but anytime you find your future franchise QB in the draft unexpectedly, you've won the football lottery.

Securing a true franchise QB is the hardest thing to do in professional football. Some teams have spent decades trying to fill the spot (see the Browns, Jets, et cetera).
I agree 100 percent. Finding Dak by far makes us have the best draft of 2016. Everything else after that is a bonus.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm a lady, but you're welcome! :thumbup:

The more I read about Jaylon and his character, work ethic, and leadership, he sounds like he will have the Dak role for the defense. He and Sean Lee will do great things together.
Change your freakin avatar for crying out loud

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I would never advocate playing JSmith at DE but I do want him on the field in the base defense. The SLB covers a lot of TE's, but I think it would be a shame to not use him as a blitzer as well.
This is a great post. If Jaylon can cover TEs, then Byron Jones can stay back at FS.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The part that got me excited and confident was when he said he thinks he could have played in the playoffs this year. There has to have been significant improvement for him to make that statement and that tells me he should no doubt be ready for next year. All the regeneration talk is nice but still unclear what that means. My ears will perk up when someone starts saying refiring.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Listened to the whole interview via podcast. He sounded extremely confident. Not just a positive a positive attitude like always. He was excited and sure of his physical ability. He stressed that he feels a difference in the sensation and the Dr. said the nerve was "regenerating". They asked him about three times in different ways.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't think it was negative...basically saying nothing much has changed. The foot drop remains. All Mickey was saying.

Some folks can't deal with reality. Jaylon's said himself he still wears an AFO, but apparently when you repeat what he's said you're being "pessimistic" when you're just giving an accurate status of his current health condition.

Same type of folks that get taken by blab it and grab it theology.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
did I read he said he could run without a brace?

edit

it appears I did not, well maybe by a poster on this. just looked at twitter and it doesn't mention no brace.