Video: Jaylon Smith - Not Guilty

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Our while Defense was bad last year. It was crazy that up until the rams playoff game that our Defense played so well. I know the rams made a blueprint. But no other team figures any of this out along the way in 2018. Lol. None of them. With all the film teams had.

The Colt exposed the defense and the Rams used a similar game plan.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crazy isn't it Pappy?! Some just don't realize player's are going to be as good as they're coached. Who cares about the past years. Garrett & The Muppets are gone. Dallas has an entire new coaching staff which will improve this team immensely.
421oi7.gif

Let's hope you are correct....:thumbup:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Colts scored 23 points how many we score????

This thread is about Dallas' LBs and defense right? So my reply was specific to the topic.

The Colts OL dominated both the DL and LBs and their RBs ran through defenders all game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith is limited in what he can do. My expectations of him are on the same level as Bradie James. Everyone kept saying "hE mAdE tHe PrObOwL" and I kept thinking "I dont care". You can just see the reach of overrating some players and Jaylon is this guy. What people saw of him in 2019 I saw the same in 2018.

I was one of his biggest defenders, never saying he won't recover, but 2019 pretty much sealed it for me. I'll go on to say there's something off about him. He plays light on the feet too much and if he looks the same in 2020 we need to move on. If he's still recovering then we need someone else to take over until he's not a liability.

aria

Reaction score
Pro Bowl = Popularity contest...it’s a joke, especially considering we have many more fans than any other team in the league.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I’m definitely a Jaylon hater.

He avoids hits, can’t read/react well unless he’s rushing the QB, and is unable to make multiple cuts while running — once he’s going, if he has to alter that straight path, it’s over.

And that’s just what I dislike AS A PLAYER.

The tireless self promotion and complete lack of situational awareness during games (is there anything that he WON’T do his “swipe” celebration for?) is annoying beyond belief. Between all that, and the white fur coats in 60 degree weather, I’m done with the dude. #cleareyeview — clearly shouldn’t have paid him that money.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like Jaylon. I don't like how he played last year.

His change of direction ability is worrisome!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If a fan can't understand why Jaylon was misused they just don't understand basic football.

Jaylon plays well coming forward but is very average backing up. His best asset was pass rush skills and he was part of the Hot Boyz DL group.
Amazingly they back Jaylon off and the DL has a down year as does he and goofballs who care about how much he got paid (he took a very team friendly deal btw that included deals with Dallas Cowboys marketing for his brand) are now crying.

I hate it here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He'll do well playing on the outside. I would bring him off the edge on tackle twist stunts. 10 + sacks. I just don't like his celebration. He needs to change that up.
That depends largely on LVE's health.

When both are healthy he will be the attack guy and LVE the sideline to sideline monster,. They likely both make Pro Bowls.

LVE lacks some physicality coming forward but is elite in space. Jaylon is the opposite.

Jaylon was rated the 18th best LB last year by PFF. That's not bad at all for a 25 year old on a down year.
** added note Jaylons is the 27th highest paid LB in 2020.
Was the 68th highest paid LB in 2019.....

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If a fan can't understand why Jaylon was misused they just don't understand basic football.

Jaylon plays well coming forward but is very average backing up. His best asset was pass rush skills and he was part of the Hot Boyz DL group.
Amazingly they back Jaylon off and the DL has a down year as does he and goofballs who care about how much he got paid (he took a very team friendly deal btw that included deals with Dallas Cowboys marketing for his brand) are now crying.

I hate it here.

Maybe you should leave then.

If you can’t distinguish the difference between being a big hitter and playing physical in the other important aspects of the game then you’re precisely the guy we know you to be.

I’d also add your take is completely bunk because the same scheme that made you believe Jaylon was great in 2018 was same one they ran in 2019.

If you think there’s a scheme out there that will prevent from taking on block and disrupting running lanes you’re naive.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon haters seem to have forgotten 2018. He will be that again and probably more this year.

Better DL, better coaching and better playing position for him with LVE in the middle.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm so tired of Cowboys fans acknowledging that Kris & Rob coached scheme over game planning. Cowboys fans KNOW that they would not change the scheme despite the issues we were having after the Rams figured us out in the playoffs and teams using the blue print against us in 2019.

With that said this guy does a pretty good job of pointing out the flaws in our scheme and the impossible expectations of Kris of his LB's specifically Jaylon in these vids. Despite the ridiculous expectations my boy Jaylon still made the probowl. With better coaching he will be a repeat offender of the probowl.

Haters enjoy and comment profusely!

Any objective but deep analysis of Jaylon Smith would show a guy very willing to avoid contact especially when it came to engaging blockers. It got worse as the season went on. The guy is a great athlete and strong so he will still blow people up on occasion. He likes to do that running down ball carriers especially from the side. He rarely fights through blocks to make a tackle head on. He rarely filled gaps to execute his assignment and help others. He sure likes to do his dance and rarely takes note of the scoreboard. It’s so tone deaf I am not sure he knows what the score is.

I supported the guy in the beginning. Great comeback story. 2 years ago he played like a beast. He is plenty capable for sure. I don’t know what happened last year. Something did especially in the second half. He looked clownish out there.

I think this is a huge year for him. Is he a dawg or not?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now we're Jaylon HATERS.....dang some of you need to smell the roses and chill....:huh:
No, you're a hater period. Anything and all things Cowboys you hate with a passion. You prove it every time you post.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Colt exposed the defense and the Rams used a similar game plan.
That was an issue with our interior DL being banged up. We were playing Caraun Reid and Daniel Ross. Two guys soon out of football.
They ran for 11 first downs and 178 yards total.
Kept the ball 3 minutes more than us.

Versus the Rams it wasn't about exposing us as much as it was they knew the DL stunts that were coming and ate it up to rush for 200 yards.

Dallas was the 8th best run stop team in 2018 and 9th best in 2019.
Those 2 games were largely aberrations.
They were also pretty bad with AWoods out last year.

You can see why they brought in 2 veteran DTs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any objective but deep analysis of Jaylon Smith would show a guy very willing to avoid contact especially when it came to engaging blockers. It got worse as the season went on. The guy is a great athlete and strong so he will still blow people up on occasion. He likes to do that running down ball carriers especially from the side. He rarely fights through blocks to make a tackle head on. He rarely filled gaps to execute his assignment and help others. He sure likes to do his dance and rarely takes note of the scoreboard. It’s so tone deaf I am not sure he knows what the score is.

I supported the guy in the beginning. Great comeback story. 2 years ago he played like a beast. He is plenty capable for sure. I don’t know what happened last year. Something did especially in the second half. He looked clownish out there.

I think this is a huge year for him. Is he a dawg or not?
That's not objective but clownery.
Plenty of LB are taught to avoid blockers and get to the ball unless the play is in the hole.
At the hole you stand up a blocker but only a truly stupid person would take on a blocker 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Fans being stupid is truly painful to watch.

Jimmy Johnson never once taught a LB to take on blocks. Simply wasn't their jobs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is about Dallas' LBs and defense right? So my reply was specific to the topic.

The Colts OL dominated both the DL and LBs and their RBs ran through defenders all game.

Colts scored 23 points.
Now if we couldn't score 24 points (We got shut out) with all that firepower we have on offense from offline to the best HB in the NFL well no defense can save you.
In other words, 23 points are NOT insurmountable when your offense can fire back in there face kinda thing!! o_O

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's not objective but clownery.
Plenty of LB are taught to avoid blockers and get to the ball unless the play is in the hole.
At the hole you stand up a blocker but only a truly stupid person would take on a blocker 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Fans being stupid is truly painful to watch.

Jimmy Johnson never once taught a LB to take on blocks. Simply wasn't their jobs.

Just for some unrelated context on jterrell he also believes Michael Jordan is grossly overrated.

He’s a bright one.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Colts scored 23 points.
Now if we couldn't score 24 points (We got shut out) with all that firepower we have on offense from offline to the best HB in the NFL well no defense can save you.
In other words, 23 points are NOT insurmountable when your offense can fire back in there face kinda thing!! o_O

Somehow you managed to make a Jaylon Smith thread about Dak. Apparently, your obsession knows no bounds. :muttley:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hope Smith gets better, and I'll root for him because of the uniform he wears, but I'm never going to like the guy. I just dont like players that conduct themselves the way he does.

Youd figure he'd be humble after what he went through. Not at all.

That extension wasnt about anything else than Jerry shoving it in Elliotts face. There was no reason whatsoever to have paid him when they did, and amazingly....poof...instant idiot!

Cant wait until he is gone, and I don't care how well he does or doesnt play.