Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jaylon says with a big smile :
" On game day we weren't able to get the job done. "

Thats all we need to see .

Chin up, big 'ole smile - 'yeah we lost & am real happy.'
He should have said:
My paycheck don't change whether we win, or lose, so life is always good.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jaylon gets the benefit of the doubt from me. This is the year though. If i dont see 2018 jaylon i cant support the bro
Personally, I would have chosen see 2019 Pro Bowl jaylon verses PFF's Breakout Player of the Year award see 2018 jaylon. o_O

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Lol you are probably a total yards guy too.
Nah.

I'm just going by the numbers.

Of course we all know most of the tackles occurred as the ball carrier ran by Jaylon and he tackled them after an 8 yd gain.

Not really..but the Jaylon haters just choked on their food as they read that.

Hmmm..

I like Jaylon. Explain why fans hate the guy?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought skip went in on jaylon more then Shannon
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought Skip seemed like he was giving Jaylon a chance to blame the coaching, whereas Shannon was looking for accountability. I could be mistaken

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And a bad fit for a team that provides that outside earning potential.

The Cowboys deliver a lot of extra benefits to an NFL player's contract. A player who doesn't value those benefits, or denies the value of them in a contract negotiation with us, is just a bad fit for win-win negotiations.

This is especially true of marquee positions, and the most true of *the* marquee position, QB. Jerry should prepare a marketing analysis of Dak as QB in Cleveland. Dak should prepare his own. There are some prime QBs available in free agency this year.

How about a marketing analysis for Brady in Dallas? Yuge. I bet Brady would appreciate running our offense too.

Brady is a perfect example of a player who figured out that he's worth more on a great team than on a bad team earning more money. Brady's been playing on contracts worth half his market value for over a decade.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im sure they do make it part of the negotiation. My point is there isn't many agents who would advise their clients to sign a cheaper deal here for the potential Instagram followers. A player/agent is going to want to negotiate the most lucrative contract possible. Perhaps it’s an incentive to sign here for the exposure but I really doubt that said exposure will convince a player to take less money here than he would in Cincinnati.

Agents will not be on board until they start getting a % of the instagram endorsement money. Agents who don't consider the Dallas effect are simply acting in there own self interest and not the players. Dallas should start pointing that out to the players b/c there is more money to made in being a social media influencer than playing football.......... over the long term.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What is up with so much criticism of Jaylon Smith? He's talented, thus proven with he ending up with the 6th most tackles in the league and a Pro Bowl birth. The problem is that Jaylon does miss some tackles when having to misdirect turn on a dime. Maybe it's because of his knee, or maybe he needs better coaching and training? I believe he will stand out more under a Mike Nolan hybrid defense. Let's be patient this year and give Jaylon the benefit of a doubt to play even better under a new coaching and defensive scheme change.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Very glad I didn't waste my money and buy his Jersey last offseason like I was going to. I'd throw it away if I did.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I exxagerate because hes a disingenuous piece of crap. Throws players and coaches under the bus. Plays favorites. Doesnt back up things he says (not a man of his word). What else needs to be said? I call him extra things because its what he is.
You really do get sucked into tabloid reporting and internet soap opera. I can’t expect reasonable discussion based on that. Bye now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea theres no evidence of things i mentioned:rolleyes:

There are exaggerations and others like you using an imagined grudge to twist words into something they aren’t. And that’s exactly why sports media has become national inquirer/Star level tabloid journalism - it works.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There are exaggerations and others like you using an imagined grudge to twist words into something they aren’t. And that’s exactly why sports media has become national inquirer/Star level tabloid journalism - it works.
Its an exxageration that Duke bball guy shows favoritism? Lmao ok bro

kumizi

Reaction score
Nah.

Of course we all know most of the tackles occurred as the ball carrier ran by Jaylon and he tackled them after an 8 yd gain.

Hmmm..

Because the total number of tackles doesn’t mean jack ****. Do you know who led mlb in rbi last year? No...because no one gives a ****. They’re outdated stats that dont really tell you much about player performance.

Sorry to be an awesome person but if I hear one more idiot talk about how badass Jaylon was and refer to his tackles, I’m gonna lose my ****.

this is why the PFF guys created their system. A pass rusher with 10 sacks didn’t necessarily have a better head than a pass rusher with 7 sacks. A corner with 5 ints didn’t necessarily have a better year than one with 2 ints. Same with tackles.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because the total number of tackles doesn’t mean jack ****. Do you know who led mlb in rbi last year? No...because no one gives a ****. They’re outdated stats that dont really tell you much about player performance.

Sorry to be an awesome person but if I hear one more idiot talk about how badass Jaylon was and refer to his tackles, I’m gonna lose my ****.

this is why the PFF guys created their system. A pass rusher with 10 sacks didn’t necessarily have a better head than a pass rusher with 7 sacks. A corner with 5 ints didn’t necessarily have a better year than one with 2 ints. Same with tackles.

That's okay....as long as you're not sitting on my furniture. :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did like hearing the word "execution" as that was my focus all last off season.

Every time someone puts this show up on the site, I shake my head in amazement that Bayless even has a job. He's a terrible writer and worse as a panel member.

He actually makes Sharpe look better and smarter.
Jaylon's new glasses made Sharpe look smarter.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nah.

Hmmm..

Do you get credited for a tackle for just tapping a ball carrier while he’s down?

Do you get credit for a tackle for being near a ball carrier that runs out of bounds?

Do tackle totals distinguish between a stol for no gain and a stop 11 yards down the field?

Do you if tackles are even an official stat?

Do you understand why thinking tackle totals is an indication of a defensive player’s ability is stupid?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Exactly.

Tackle totals are to a defensive player what passing yards to a QB, and at least passing yards are an official stat.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I understand.

But you have to not let it bug you.

You may not like Jaylon which is your right.

No prob.

Back in college I was a psyche major..

had to take several statistic courses.

We used it to analyze empirical data to predict behavior.

What I learned was you could interpreted data in different ways to support findings.

So regardless how you see it, someone may see it differently.

So absolute answers from stats is open ended and invite other measures to help figure something out.

So..

Be open minded how people see it.

Especially when it comes to data.

Oh..yes I like Jaylon. He's demonstrative, energetic and his teammates obviously like him.

Not really sure why people rag on him.