Jaylon Smith Released by the Raiders

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Funny how some fans easily dismiss players....you can tell the difference between those that strapped it on and those that didn't
LoL, what do we owe them? It's not like they play for us for free, just to give us a good time.

Gee, this ain't High School football. I keep those who made this team great in my heart because they gave me some great sports memories. Everyone else is just static.

I never played football but other competitive sports and won quite a few trophys for my club. But I'd never even remotely expect anyone to remember me. It just doesn't matter. The reward was fun, a good team spirit and a healthy life style.

Plus JS is a weirdo lol. I'll never forget that game against us where he jumped the pile a million years after it was already over.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LoL, what do we owe them? It's not like they play for us for free, just to give us a good time.

Gee, this ain't High School football. I keep those who made this team great in my heart because they gave me some great sports memories. Everyone else is just static.

I never played football but other competitive sports and won quite a few trophys for my club. But I'd never even remotely expect anyone to remember me. It just doesn't matter. The reward was fun, a good team spirit and a healthy life style.

Plus JS is a weirdo lol. I'll never forget that game against us where he jumped the pile a million years after it was already over.

Simple really. These guys fall in love with players; they’re grown men that still hero worship other men. When their fallen hero struggles they get sensitive and lash out.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Supposedly a fan of football, one really has to ask those questions? RESPECT!

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Injury had nothing to do with it. Always out of position and scared to take the first hit. You could watch him hesitate and then come in second, like the big mouth at the bar that always talked ****.
The guy still has drop foot. His knee was wrecked and nearly had to have it amputated. He's lucky to be walking. I'd say it does have something to do with it

Big_D

Reaction score
LoL, what do we owe them? It's not like they played for us for free, just to give us a good time.

Plus JS is a weirdo lol.
People are nuts. He made good money, got a totally unwarranted extension since Jerry was obviously feeling charitable, went to a top college and got a degree and I’m sure has enough in the bank to live comfortably.. yet we should all feel sorry for him! Injuries happen, it’s a tough sport. I strapped them on and shattered my leg at 17 years old, life goes on!

Smith was more concerned with playing superstar and wearing furs for the pre game beauty pageant and should’ve never been drafted where he was. Jerry had to beat everyone to the punch!

Bagman

Reaction score
Injury had nothing to do with it. Always out of position and scared to take the first hit. You could watch him hesitate and then come in second, like the big mouth at the bar that always talked ****.
Agree 100%. The guy had terrible instincts. Always guessing wrong and running himself out of position. I wonder if he did it on purpose to avoid contact. He always looked like he was hustling, he just never arrived at the point of attack.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Supposedly a fan of football, one really has to ask those questions? RESPECT!
There are some who did earn it. JS wasn't (at least in my books) one of them.

And please don't give me the "football is so special" talk. It's a great sport, yes, but there are many others. And I do respect good sports people because I know how hard it is to do it on a competitive level. But it's still everyone's decision to do so and I don't owe anyone anything. I pay respect to quite a few football players, but not just because they play(ed) the game.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Well, he can continue to try and sell his dumb clear eye view glasses, which nobody has heard of - and I'm a frame buyer.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well, he can continue to try and sell his dumb clear eye view glasses, which nobody has heard of - and I'm a frame buyer.
Don't tell me...you know an Optomotrist who's wife works at their business?

Big_D

Reaction score
Not really a great business model to begin with. Even for frame buyers it’s a pretty saturated market with no shortage of options.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Horrible draft pick, horrible player, horrible person. No wonder Jerry loved him so much.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Not really a great business model to begin with. Even for frame buyers it’s a pretty saturated market with no shortage of options.
Zyloware distributes them, but you're going against the monopoly, Luxottica. They own: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Costa, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Burberry, Coach, Tiffany, Persol, Versace, Vogue, Armani, Chanel. They also own Sunglass Huts, and LensCrafters, and the lens-making company, Essilor. In addition to all of that, they own the vision insurance, Eyemed.

Big_D

Reaction score
Zyloware distributes them, but you're going against the monopoly, Luxottica. They own: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Costa, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Burberry, Coach, Tiffany, Persol, Versace, Vogue, Armani, Chanel. They also own Sunglass Huts, and LensCrafters, and the lens-making company, Essilor. In addition to all of that, they own the vision insurance, Eyemed.
That’s a real tough sell against a lot of extremely popular brand names.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you don't think he ran funny?

He skipped and hopped more than ran. Surely didn;t do that at Dame.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Who knows what Jaylon could have done if he wasn't injured in the Fiesta Bowl? Can't really blame wildcatter-Jerry for taking a gamble on him.
But not in the second round.

I was really pulling for Jaylon. But some injuries one simply can't overcome.

At least he's been well compensated.