RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Jaylon obviously wasn't going to have a long term career with the Cowboys, with how poorly he has been playing. But, surprised the Cowboys let him go 4 games into the 2021 season.

NotForLong

Reaction score

giphy.webp

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Does this mean Parsons will be playing LB more?

I prefer him playing on the line and rushing the passer.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Nothing is nefarious or complicated about this guys, if he got hurt he would be a massive anchor on future cap because of the injury guarantee!

They can see he’s not needed on this defense and I just hope they are confident in the depth. They could have egg on their face if a LB or two go down in the next few weeks. I think it’s a good gamble.

T-RO

Reaction score
Um….don’t get that. He’s been a decidedly average NFL linebacker this year playing a lower number of snaps. You already owe him all his money this season and you’re not going to get anyone better off the street.

Just seems like a pointless move that only hurts depth

He's been drifting down the stacking order and isn't good on ST. Good move.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is either:

— A Quincy Carter release. Something else going on we don’t know, and dude not talented enough to hold on to, or one man isn’t bigger than the team thing.

or

— A Belichick Salary Move, like Lawyer Milloy that one year they just suddenly cut him, surprised everyone, won the Super Bowl, and Milloy correctly never got back to his skill set. Maybe Jerry and Stephen are trying to figure out how the heck they’re going to re-sign everyone with so many people playing better every week and many contracts set to expire.

This makes me respect Big Mike more.

This wouldn’t have happened in the Garrett Years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Does this mean Parsons will be playing LB more?

I prefer him playing on the line and rushing the passer.

There was only ONE game he played DE the whole time and it was the Chargers game.

Parsons is a linebacker and that is where he should be. At times they will feature him off the edge like they did on the final drive on Sunday.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
So if Smith signs somewhere else this season, does some of his salary come off the books this year?