RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

Carson

Reaction score
Doesn't really explain anything. 2022 was guaranteed on the 5th league day of 2022. We're like 6 months out from that, right?
This is what is perplexing to me.

you’ve paid him. Might as well let him eat snaps when needed for depth.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If LVE wants to be a Cowboy in 2022, he will need to give a real bargain. Remember when those two guys were tearing it up? How short is the memory in professional sports?

Aven8

Reaction score
People know my post about him…..this is as exciting as JG leaving!

Big_D

Reaction score
My first thought is there is more to this than what meets the eye. In a vacuum it makes no sense to just release him mid season. No cap savings and quite frankly he was playing well enough to be a nice depth piece that could play 15-20 snaps a game. I think we’re going to get a report on something else going down (legal, extracurricular, locker room issue, etc).

it’s simply the fact that another player is more worthy of the roster spot.

Carson

Reaction score
My first thought is there is more to this than what meets the eye. In a vacuum it makes no sense to just release him mid season. No cap savings and quite frankly he was playing well enough to be a nice depth piece that could play 15-20 snaps a game. I think we’re going to get a report on something else going down (legal, extracurricular, locker room issue, etc).
Locker room issue for sure. I’m sure he’s complaining about playing time.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

I doubt that ........ kid is a choir boy and always has been.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Expecting announcement tomorrow that they have signed the sled to a contract.

In all honesty, I thought he's been better than last year. Not understanding this move. Hopefully, they know that Cox is ready to ascend .

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
Can LVE be next?????

No reason to cut him. His contract is done after this season anyway. Complete overhaul of the LB core beginning with the addition of Parsons. Hoping they go LB in one of the first 3 rounds in the upcoming draft.