RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

conner01

Reaction score
I brought this up during camp - he has a 9.2M injury guarantee for next year. If he gets hurt, and he can't pass a physical before the fifth day of the league year in 2022, they are on the hook for that money. This is why I thought that they should have cut him coming out of camp.
That is the reason and that is a legit reason
I get it knowing the risk

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They prepare for the Giants on tomorrow. I hope this move is not a distraction. Why didn't they wait until the bye, it is not far off? He should have never been signed, but "spoiled milk."

Messing with the flow in the midst of a winning streak can backfire. Hopefully, the defense can come in fired up and his replacement knows his assignment.

Ren

Reaction score
Will always root for this guy because of what he had to overcome but we have lot’s of LBs better than him. Hope he does well where ever he ends up as long as it’s not in the division

Aven8

Reaction score
Why now and not before the season starts. If he is paid anyways then bench him. His snaps in the last 2 weeks went way down. Maybe another issue.

If I had my bet Quinn talked to Jerry. He has a lot of clout with them. Highly respected. As I said all offseason he had to turn on the tape when he first got here and said oh hell no! Hence taking LB’s in the draft

stiletto

Reaction score
Wonder how many people are trying to uncover their Romo jerseys from Jaylon's names.... anyone?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Better make sure the equipment room is locked and an extra guard on duty. Jaylon will get a torch & go after that blocking sled.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not if the goal is to win a SB this year. For longer term success sure, but he could also be why we win a playoff game. What if coop misses a game? We could get thin quick if Gallup is gone. Unless it's a 2nd or better then you keep him and go try to win.

Cant keep both Gallup and Cooper. ONLY way I see it happening is if they sign Gallup for like 5 years and then let Cooper walk after next season.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My guess is that he would not lower his salary or give up the 2022 injury guarantee. Although, not sure if the Cowboys were even interested at a lower salary. He just wasn't playing well. I noticed it in preseason games. I wondered why they had him out there in the 2nd quarter against backups. I guess they were trying to show what he could do to trade him.

Maybe he signs for vet min with the Chiefs or Bears?

No LB on the PS. I guess the Cowboys will be poaching someone from a team's PS.