RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should really applaud the Cowboys for making this move now.

They completely screwed up drafting and extending him but at least they are correcting it now and giving better players more of an opportunity rather than waiting until the offseason.

Beaker42

Reaction score

They completely screwed up drafting and extending him but at least they are correcting it now and giving better players more of an opportunity rather than waiting until the offseason.
When has this franchise been this smart under Big and Lil’ Enos - NEVER. Something’s up.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's a really odd dynamic, isn't it? I credit them for admitting their mistake and moving on, but man oh man did they invest a whole lot into this mistake.
:banghead:

About the best thing I can say is at least it didn't end up being another Crawford deal...
:facepalm:

I am just glad he is finally gone. no one in this league was touching that contract at all. They tried desperately to trade him but to no avail. I hated the pick back then. We came off a 4-12 season and we used our high 2nd round pick on a guy who would not even play in 2016 and there was a chance back then he may never step on the field ever. Typical Jerry and Stephen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stopping the bleeding.

The silver lining in what was otherwise one big blunder followed by another.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Terrible news.
dumb-huh.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just glad he is finally gone. no one in this league was touching that contract at all. They tried desperately to trade him but to no avail. I hated the pick back then. We came off a 4-12 season and we used our high 2nd round pick on a guy who would not even play in 2016 and there was a chance back then he may never step on the field ever. Typical Jerry and Stephen.

The 'Old Wildcatter' Jerry Jones second round indulgence pick. We wasted several 2nd rounders for a while. Good times, good times... :rolleyes:

Bigdog

Reaction score
We foolishly spent a 2nd round pick on him. They foolishly spent two 1sts, 2nd and more for Wentz lol.
Yup they sure did. I just found out about Jaylon being cut at around 7:00 PM West Coast time. I have been so busy today with work and then came home only to go out to dinner with my elderly parents who are in town. I then went on to watch my niece play her volleyball game and during a break I checked the zone and saw the post. My first comment was Holy ****!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Another side benefit to signing our elite qb long term. You are forced to get rid all bad contracts. :thumbup: