Jaylon Smith rfa 2020 planning

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hope you don’t use selections to the Pro Bowl as a way to judge NFL talent. There is too much politics involved for a Pro Bowl selection to mean anything . I think it would be wise to discontinue playing the Pro Bowl in the future. It is no longer a prestigious game like it once was. The players don’t take it seriously any more, so how can I?
If he can't even make a Pro Bowl what does that say?

Maybe he isn't a superstar yet

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Nope. Although IR (and PUP for that matter) are included as being on the active roster for accrual purposes, because Jaylon never made it on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster, his time spent off of NFI does not count towards an accrued season. A player must make it onto the 53 man roster for an IR stint to count towards an accrued season for free agency.
IDK that is the case

IR stints count

TCrawford and CWilson both lost entire seasons to the IR but still accrued the season towards FA

Most people feel JSmith will be an UFA next year, not a RFA

ondaedg

Reaction score
Do you watch football? The guy was a freaking beast last year. He and LVE were THE reason our defense excelled last year.

Who gives a crap about the Pro Bowl? It’s a popularity contest. Jaylon is a top 3 MLB in the league.

It is WAY too early to be calling him a top 3 MLB. Let's see how he does now that teams have film on him.

ksg811

Reaction score
IDK that is the case

IR stints count

TCrawford and CWilson both lost entire seasons to the IR but still accrued the season towards FA

Most people feel JSmith will be an UFA next year, not a RFA

Neither began the season on NFI. That’s the differentiator, at least to my understanding.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Considering the Tank contract issues, and what Mosley just signed for(5/85m, 51g), should we get a replacement targeted in this draft? Or would you pay him the going rate?

Assuming no hometown/we believed in you discount...he’s awesome but can’t pay everyone. He is a RFA. That’s the challenge with drafting a guy injured, you don’t get to take advantage of his rookie contract.
Man, Vlad?,,, I've got nothing but good& positive vibes been picking up off of the #54, as he seems to be humbly greatful in knowing he's a road wheel in the tank track & not even thinking he should be paid like that torque turning drive sprocket like the #38 imparts, straight from the trans axle :thumbup:

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

*I'm not for sure if we still got #54's brother, the #45 on the roster, but
I' m thinking Jaylon will sign a short term team friendly extension deal out of gratitude while further compiling his marketable body of work,then it's anybody's guess.

vlad

Reaction score
:facepalm: Some of the things you post never seize to amaze me. Zeke is the straw that stirs our drink.

I agree, now whether it
Man, Vlad?,,, I've got nothing but good& positive vibes been picking up off of the #54, as he seems to be humbly greatful in knowing he's a road wheel in the tank track & not even thinking he should be paid like that torque turning drive sprocket like the #38 imparts, straight from the trans axle :thumbup:

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

*I'm not for sure if we still got #54's brother, the #45 on the roster, but
I' m thinking Jaylon will sign a short term team friendly extension deal out of gratitude while further compiling his marketable body of work,then it's anybody's guess.

First love the analogies! Second of o love to believe he'd do something team friendly, I'm just not banking on it.

He's a good looks to be great player, even better person, just worry if we get too top heavy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Neither began the season on NFI. That’s the differentiator, at least to my understanding.
I have been trying to get an answer since 2017

Best I can do is wait until next Spring and see what happens.......lol

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Let's look at Jaylon moving forward - not back at last year's Pro Bowl, but based on where he's going next season and the years after that, because that's what NFL teams are projecting when they're signing contracts.

He's only going to be 24 years old next season, and he's already an impact player in all 3 phases on defense. His knee injury looks to have no impact on his future health (other than the "mileage" of already having one ACL surgery), and his durability so far has been great. 2 full seasons injury-free at a very violent position. Admittedly, you have a sample size of one healthy-nerve season, which does introduce some risk, but in that one healthy year, he's shown you pretty much everything you want to see.

Dude is almost rookie young and is already explosive, productive, and durable. If I'm building a team, there's not ten MLBs I'd prefer to have over him, and maybe not even five.

And yes - LVE is even better than he is. Our LBs are frickin' phenomenal.

ksg811

Reaction score
I have been trying to get an answer since 2017

Best I can do is wait until next Spring and see what happens.......lol

Same. My interpretation is football vs non-football related. Football related (PUP/IR) = active. NFI = inactive for accrued seasons. I agree though, not sure we’ll get an exact answer until next spring.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Jaylon will likely receive a first round tender in 2020, around $5million.

Obviously depends on how he does this year, but that's what I expect. If he's good enough to warrant that, I'd just try and get a long term deal done.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Same. My interpretation is football vs non-football related. Football related (PUP/IR) = active. NFI = inactive for accrued seasons. I agree though, not sure we’ll get an exact answer until next spring.

Jaylon will likely receive a first round tender in 2020, around $5million.

Obviously depends on how he does this year, but that's what I expect. If he's good enough to warrant that, I'd just try and get a long term deal done.

It might not matter since the 1st round tender might not scare anyone off

Some Playoff team would gladly give a late 1st and an extension to JSmith

We would have to match at that point

DanA

Reaction score
:lmao2:imagine being up for a raise at your job and giving your employer a “you believed in me” discount

Are you kidding? Many times I’ve decline to consider a move because I feel like I owe my employer. I don’t think it’s uncommon at all.

The Natural

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Many times I’ve decline to consider a move because I feel like I owe my employer. I don’t think it’s uncommon at all.
That isnt the scenario in question Daniel, stay on the sidelines.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The cowboys cant pay all their players elite level contracts. They should be actively seeking his replacement and look for a trade.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I mean this team finally gets talent and nobody wants to pay for it. It’s crazy man. It’s cut, trade or draft the replacement right away as these guys just start to hit their best performing years.
The Hoodie knows. Follow the leader.