Jaylon Smith Sucks

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
He's bad this year, and I've really started to sour on his persona. That ridiculous celebration after having finally not missed a tackle while getting spanked on the scoreboard really affected my veiw of him.

There may still yet be something to be mined out of him by a competent coaching staff, but man, last night. . .

visionary

Reaction score
I tried liking this guy, but im done. Hes trash.

Celebrating when down 17 points in the 4th quarter

Celebrating when a player is injured as a result of his “coverage”

Acting like he picked off a pass that he clearly didnt catch and knowing a tie goes to the receiver

Clear. Eye. Doo-doo

he needs a real HC
We have trash

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I was all for Jaylon’s extension. He was superb last season. I’m blaming the coaches for the defense because the whole unit has regressed, not just Jaylon. But he needs to get his humility back. He looked like an idiot last night.

stinkface

Reaction score
During training camp we were going to have the best defense we had had in years. Chido was coming on like gang busters. Potential Pro Bowl CB. Well he has sucks. All of our Linebackers have sucked. The Safeties pretty much suck. We have not much in the DT tackle area. Demarco has been awful. Our sack leader is only interested in sacks and doesn't play the run worth a damn. I'm not sure who on defense is playing well and most aren't playing average. What happened to these fantastic D Coordinators we are supposed to have. Certainly everyone and I mean everyone in the league has over estimated our talent. Ok venting only. I predict we win only against the Commanders and if we lose to the Rams and the Eagles, Garret will be fired immediately after the Commanders game. Book it Dano.

John813

Reaction score
It's bad when someone like Mitch picks on you throughout the night.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon should thank God there are Jerry Jones's in this world.

He fooled him 2x:

Once into buying into his sob story when drafted in 2nd Round.

Then the genius move to sign that contract this season.

He is one shrewd individual because he is absolute garbage on the field. He might be the worst defensive player on the team.

In addition to being horrible: he compounds the issue with being the least self aware player I have ever seen.

1) Dancing in front of an injured player

2) Celebrating a clear Chicago TD as a turnover

3) Dressing in mink pre-game then waving cameras off the bench area for capturing him without a care in the world in the midst of being blown out.

The clock has struck midnight for this Cinderella as far as I'm concerned. I hate his gimpy *** fake hustle and stupid swipe.

He is everything wrong with this team every time he steps on the field. All style, zero substance.

I love this point Spot on.

Everyone was opining what a great deal we got and the salt of the earth character that Jaylon had for taking a contract that made him the second or third highest paid player at his position, when we still had him under a super cheap contract for TWO YEARS!.

I don't understand it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'll give him a chance with the next coach. Hes had a bad year, a great year, then an average year.

CoachD

Reaction score
Smith is a great teammate and a great person but if I was running the Cowboys I would have never drafted that guy that high (he was a third day pick) no way do you invest in a guy in today's NFL and red shirt him for two years! Not only that he still forces that leg to move and there is no way that knee will ever be 100%!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He likes being a pro football player but doesn’t appear to like playing pro football (the down and dirty pro football).

Appears that he’s more into the Jaylon Smith brand than the Dallas Cowboys brand.

His "brand" is taking a beating. The clueless celebrations and poor sportsmanship were on full display last night and undoing years of goodwill his college background story had bought for him.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think Smith was waving to the camera for attention. To me, it's more of a. "not right now dude, go somewhere else" type of vibe I'm getting.

Probably would of been better to just ignore the camera there, but whatever.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I don't think Smith was waving to the camera for attention. To me, it's more of a. "not right now dude, go somewhere else" type of vibe I'm getting.

Probably would of been better to just ignore the camera there, but whatever.

It seemed like more of a "hi mom" moment.

Big_D

Reaction score
The honeymoon is over? That feel good story took a turn for the worst. lol the draft pick just was a terrible move and that’s just snowballing into another mess for this team. You expected the LBs to be a strength and they’re a huge wekness even when LVE is out there. And Between that ridiculous swipe celebration and Elliott’s dumazz feed me. Hard to tell which is worse.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Back in the day, Landry cut Hollywood Henderson for mugging to the camera during a loss.

This is proof positive the man doesn't care about losing and is all about himself. As he long as he made a good play, the rest isn't his problem. I care more about the Cowboys than Jaylon Smith.