Jaylon Smith Sucks

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is proof positive the man doesn't care about losing and is all about himself. As he long as he made a good play, the rest isn't his problem. I care more about the Cowboys than Jaylon Smith.
His performance was ridiculous. Celebrating after tackles, the whole nine yards. Just proof positive that he checked out as soon as he got paid.

condoin125

Reaction score
As usual, we're overreacting....I said the same thing to the clowns who talked him up after a single decent play in his first year playing for us. Not a fanboi whatsoever, but he had good play last year and I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. If no improvement next year with a new staff then I'll be on board.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He was embarrassing last night! Not only does he not play well but he over celebrated on anything he did. The celebration for 5 minutes over a deflected pass while I guy laid there injured was bush league.

robertfchew

Reaction score
So out of all the players we going after Jaylon when he was one of the few players on defense giving a **** out there. You know who really sucks.. Demarcus Lawrence. He had two costly offsides penalties tonight and has under performed the entire season. That's who sucks.

jaylon isnt not good he had me fooled as a guy who would cherish his career since it was damn near taken from him.

Sydla

Reaction score
It seemed like more of a "hi mom" moment.

Yeah, not even close to that.

I think some are so bitter at how he's playing that they are now making up things to get even more pissy about. He was clearly just waving the camera off because he was talking to a teammate/frustrated. I mean you can see his lips moving and he says something like "no" or "not now".

If he was saying hi mom, he would have had that crap eating grin on his face that we always see when he's happy.

We've reached the point with this franchise that just about everything pisses us off and I can understand it. A lot pisses me off too.

But for now, I am struggling to have a lot of bitterness for many of the players under this crap staff. I could be naive here but I suspect a lot of these guys would be playing better under a better scheme/coach. For example, it's no coincidence to me that it wasn't just Smith that fell off the map as a LB. LVE had struggled too. Lee looked out of whack. Even Thomas was ehhhhh. So I think there are bigger factors at play here that just players sucking because they suck or are lazy or got paid and now checked out.

Sydla

Reaction score
So what makes this different from when Mike Jenkins did the same "hi mom" wave in the Green Bay game before Phillips got fired?

Because what Smith did wasn't a "hi mom" moment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
To me it looked like he just decided to have fun playing football but didn't take into consideration how dumb and selfish it would make him look.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
On a team filled with massive underachievers, Jaylon and LVE top the list.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He's not the only one. But, Agreed. He's been terrible this season. LVE , when on the field, hasn't been much better. Sean Lee looks slow and old. No offense to the guy, he's playing way more than he should at this point.

Nobody should be or feel safe on this team. Well, some will feel safe, but, wish there was the feeling going around that anyone could be gone at anytime, but, that's not how it goes.

JMPearson

Reaction score
he really did not play that bad

the celebrating was awful but I think he is tying to play with some emotion but just does not know how,

he broke up two passes in a row and was right there on a top ten receiver in football , which he should never have been

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah, not even close to that.

I think some are so bitter at how he's playing that they are now making up things to get even more pissy about. He was clearly just waving the camera off because he was talking to a teammate/frustrated. I mean you can see his lips moving and he says something like "no" or "not now".

If he was saying hi mom, he would have had that crap eating grin on his face that we always see when he's happy.

We've reached the point with this franchise that just about everything pisses us off and I can understand it. A lot pisses me off too.

But for now, I am struggling to have a lot of bitterness for many of the players under this crap staff. I could be naive here but I suspect a lot of these guys would be playing better under a better scheme/coach. For example, it's no coincidence to me that it wasn't just Smith that fell off the map as a LB. LVE had struggled too. Lee looked out of whack. Even Thomas was ehhhhh. So I think there are bigger factors at play here that just players sucking because they suck or are lazy or got paid and now checked out.
Pretty clear he said hi at the end.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jaylon has been nothing more than a PR stunt. Only Jerry would buy into his "feel good" story and draft him as high as he did. Jaylon was never going to amount to anything. Jerry sees one single good year out of 3 and decides to extend him to a big contract. That's Jerry running this team like a family grocery store. He had another year left on his contract. Why not let him play it through? Especially after that god awful Rams game where they got embarrassed to put it lightly. Why would you extend him after that? Make him earn it. He had no leverage to hold out like Zeke.

Now we have this goofy loser who is terrible for some years now.

But don't stop there. Sean Lee is now terrible. He can't tackle and he's never in position. And don't forget LVE. Before he got hurt, he was terrible. What was once thought to be the strength of this defense, is a huge liability. So many thought LVE/Jaylon was going to be the future for the next decade.

I think they had their souls snatched after the Rams playoff game. They have not been the same since. And the worst thing about it all, they said they didn't even bother watching the tape of it. That they were just going to keep doing what they do. Awesome.

Sydla

Reaction score
Pretty clear he said hi at the end.

There must have been another sideline shot you guys are referring to. Because in no way was that one late in the game one of those "Hi mom" let's celebrate type waves to the camera.

I stand by what I said........... people are so bitter at his play that they are now making up other things to get outraged over.

EDIT: I just went back and looked at it and I don't see "mom" or anything. He looks up, holds his hand up and say "hey" like he's waving the camera guy off. If people think that's him hamming it up on the sideline, then I don't really know what people are watching at this point.

Last edited: