Jaylon Smith Sucks

Sydla

Reaction score
No self awareness at all. He has no appreciation for how bad he and his defense have been playing. Instead of being embarrassed and humbled he is out there celebrating inconsequential plays while being ran out of the stadium.

The very first thing the next coach needs to do is put these guys in check. There is no room for celebration when your are down 17 points. This attitude of relishing minor accomplishments and feeling satisfied has to stop.

This team has taken on the persona of JG, clapping and saying we will get em next time. If we dont get a true leader and a ball buster that demands more of these guys they will continue to be comfortable in their failures.

I am largely anti-celebration after every play as well. Smith looks kind of dumb when he is bowling after a tackle when the team is losing with no chance for a win. I think Elliott looks stupid with the feed me stuff after a big run. But then again, I am more old school with this stuff.

This seems to be a league wide thing too. Up here in Philly, the Eagles defense caught a ton of flak from the media and fans when they were down 17-3 with 8 minutes to go in their Seahawks game and after a turnover, the entire defense ran to the end zone to the camera to pose.

Players don't appear to be the best when it comes to self awareness.

John813

Reaction score
No self awareness at all. He has no appreciation for how bad he and his defense have been playing. Instead of being embarrassed and humbled he is out there celebrating inconsequential plays while being ran out of the stadium.

The very first thing the next coach needs to do is put these guys in check. There is no room for celebration when your are down 17 points. This attitude of relishing minor accomplishments and feeling satisfied has to stop.

This team has taken on the persona of JG, clapping and saying we will get em next time. If we dont get a true leader and a ball buster that demands more of these guys they will continue to be comfortable in their failures.

Not to make them robots, but I don't see a point in celebrations in basic tackles/breakups.

Sure, if it was the game clinching sack, do a dance or what not. But we have guys going buck wild after doing a simple tackle 5 yards down the field or picking up a first down.

munkee

Reaction score
I didn't mind the "interception". He's understandably biased, so his actions weren't out of line. As for the the celebration thing with the injured player, he saw the guy and still had to do his celebration. It was disrespectful and short sighted.

Now, I understand why some fans want him gone, but you can't replace the entire team in a season. The defense as a whole has been nothing but hot garbage all year. It is readily apparent that there has been a systematic failure in coaching on the Defensive side of the ball. Previous to this season, Jaylon wasn't considered a liability. For these reasons, the likely course of action is to give Jaylon another season under the new coaching regime. Hopefully, the change in coaching will right the ship overall and help steer Jaylon in the proper direction.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

DarthVander

Reaction score
Do any of the defenders even turn around to look for the ball besides Jourdan Lewis? I feel like this team takes away the identity of players and forces them into what they don't do best.

Sydla

Reaction score
Do any of the defenders even turn around to look for the ball besides Jourdan Lewis? I feel like this team takes away the identity of players and forces them into what they don't do best.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me. First down, we stop a team for a loss. Second down, we play a soft zone where our LBs are like 12-15 yards downfield in coverage and we give up an easy 7-8 yard gain over the middle giving the opposition a much more manageable third down.

This seems to happen a lot under Richard and Marinelli. Last night, we had them like 2nd and 14 on a key drive and we dropped into our patented deep, soft zone and they got an easy 8 yard gain as our LBs weren't even in the TV screen and that set up an easier third down.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's pretty bad when even Brad Sham is calling you out for swiping and celebrating after making a routine play when you're down 17.

DFWJC

Reaction score
A healthy LVE wouldve helped box in Trubiskylast night.
Jaylon has no lateral movement

DaveRowe

Reaction score
Smith would last about 10 minutes with Jimmy Johnson. Show him the door!

CWR

Reaction score

The entire approach to the secondary has been awful for years. Its not a coincidence we are the worst team at forcing turnovers in the last decade.

Also not a coincidence guys we thought were done have gone on to have solid and lengthy careers on other teams. Newman is one of them that sticks out. Watching him play for us I thought hed be out of the league within a year. Then theres Pacman, Jenkins, ect.

Im not sure about all of them but it seems its happened a lot with our DBS.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am largely anti-celebration after every play as well. Smith looks kind of dumb when he is bowling after a tackle when the team is losing with no chance for a win. I think Elliott looks stupid with the feed me stuff after a big run. But then again, I am more old school with this stuff.

This seems to be a league wide thing too. Up here in Philly, the Eagles defense caught a ton of flak from the media and fans when they were down 17-3 with 8 minutes to go in their Seahawks game and after a turnover, the entire defense ran to the end zone to the camera to pose.

Players don't appear to be the best when it comes to self awareness.

Its not your age. You just recognize poor sportsmanship b/c thats something that used to matter. I think a lot of this relates to the disconnect between winning/team success and individual success. You should celebrate a win not a tackle or a first down. Jaylon last night was an arse. He was disgusting celebrating with Wims on the ground rolling around in pain. And I know he saw it b/c he turned around and looked before celebrating. I'm done rooting for that guy. I'm going to celebrate when he gets trucked by an OL now.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Man I wish we could go back and find the thread when we signed him to a massive contract.

I said he was an okay player, def not worthy of the contract. He had one awful year and one good year. 95 percent of others talked about how awesome Jaylon is- best lb in the league.

now he has two awful years and one good year.
After spending two years waiting on him to take the field .... I remember the good ole days when a lot of folks said he was a generational talent and you were roundly criticized for any remarks that were less than glowing.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
It's pretty bad when even Brad Sham is calling you out for swiping and celebrating after making a routine play when you're down 17.

Damn. Brad went in on "Captain Swipe Clear Eye View?" He usually defends these players to the hilt

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
When he ran past the receiver in the flat instead of breaking down and nailing him I was done!
But @xwalker said when Jaylon does this it's a good thing because it causes the ballcarrier back into the teeth of the defense.