Jaylon Smith thread *merged*

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith is a BAD LB. He finally made a couple of plays last week, but he is an absolute liability on this defense. Teams target him regularly. I look forward to the day when he is not on the field for this team. Nice story, bad LB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I won't argue that we could use another LB or two but sorry, I have no agenda to replace Jaylon. I'll leave it up to the staff to do as they see fit.
That is not the way it works here.

First you create a statement..

You spend the next 14 games selectively supporting your agenda..

then all off season you remind us you were right.

Suddenly you are an expert in your own mind.

But we all understand and like you for your pluck and comeradere.

We do not leave anything to chance or any fluke opinions and no coaching staffs.

Get it?

Proceed.

:omg:

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Former Falcon Jesse Tuggle was credited for about a million tackles /s/ in his career .....he became a running joke for commentators because he would come in late to pad his stats...

Tuggle was a running joke? I think he made 4 or 5 Pro Bowls.

Reactions: JPM

RoboQB

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:Bull**** :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: Most of us? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Most of "us" who have at least coached at high school level.
Most of "you" watch games not knowing what's going on.
Like you said, you just watch the ball.
I should have been more clear.
I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Most of "us" who have at least coached at high school level.
Most of "you" watch games not knowing what's going on.
Like you said, you just watch the ball.
I should have been more clear.
I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I'm as sharp as a butter knife.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

We do not leave anything to chance or any fluke opinions and no coaching staffs.

Get it?

Proceed.

Or you trot out a contextually poor metric such as “tackles” and treat it likes it’s the gold standard for speaking to a defensive player’s play on the field.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Get it?

Proceed.

I can only be myself and hope that's good enough to "feed the bulldog." Seeing as how we're attempting to make MM and his assistants as comfortable as humanly possible, I'm in favor of allowing them to prove themselves. So far, it seems to be a workable plan, in view of some decent results vs. 2 very tough teams. Nevertheless, the toughest test yet awaits us on Sunday.

Competing against Seattle will be an uphill battle, by the looks of things. Dak is having impressive success passing at this juncture. It remains to be seen if he'll be turned loose to compete vs. the NFL's most prolific QB so far, in Russell Wilson. Daring to allow him the go-ahead to do so is something that might possibly be given the green light to compete with Seattle aggressively enough to win.

Sunday's contest will be one that should test our offense to the limit in attempting to compete with Wilson, while additionally defending him successfully. It promises to test this staff to the limit, if a win is to be in the cards. I'm hoping we'll give this staff all the leverage they need to succeed in their pursuit to win vs. an extremely challenging opponent. Taking a bold approach offensively would be our best bet to win, imho. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He took the inside route, rather than taking on his blocker and fending him off to get to the runner. By doing so, he arrived at a spot that the runner had already vacated. No tackle. It's, basically, what he been criticized for doing in the past and again, here.

I'm hoping our present coaches insist that he'll avoid doing so in the future. He's big enough and strong enough to fend off blockers and tackle the opposition's runners. If he's unwilling to adhere to the proper technique, is he the best man for the job? Good question.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
100% agree. The guy is such a liability. There’s just nobody to take his place
He is playing out of position in the wrong defense. He is a 4-3 MLB. He is not an OLB in a 4-3 and is not a MLB in a 3-4. Trade him to Houston for J J Wyatt. Bill O'Brien is the only dumb butt HC and GM that will make that trade.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
He has to go outside that block and force the RB inside. Instead he just gives up the play. At least take on the block.
He turned a routine TFL into a 7-9 yard gain. He's impersonating a starting LB, a complete liability. He has minimal value inside the tackle box as a Blitzer but that's it. Bench that bum.

Big_D

Reaction score
He turned a routine TFL into a 7-9 yard gain. He's impersonating a starting LB, a complete liability. He has minimal value inside the tackle box as a Blitzer but that's it. Bench that bum.

LB group needs a makeover. They need a stud LB in the middle. LVH or Smith are not that guy. He’s got speed and can blitz but shedding blocks is definitely a problem!

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
LB group needs a makeover. They need a stud LB in the middle. LVH or Smith are not that guy. He’s got speed and can blitz but shedding blocks is definitely a problem!
Absolutely! A highly paid 5th year LB that can't-wont stack & shed needs to be another teams problem too. The coaches better not let his salary undermine their duties as decision makers or it will cost us playoff spot for sure. LVH is a coverage WLB that has no business at MLB either, what is the FO snorting.....

Last edited: