Jaylon Smith thread *merged*

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how you can single 1 player out of that back 7 and the front 4 ain't nothing to write home to Mama about either.

This is all coming down to outscoring opponents and the defense making enough plays not to give up the game. Right now, they wouldn't let any player on this D into the pro bowl with a ticket.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It looks completely mental to me. Maybe not a conscious thing, but Jaylon seems to pick angles that protect himself first...make the play second. That half second of picking the safe route puts him in chase mode and not attack. Mentally he seems to think that he can make that adjustment and then use his speed to still make the same play. But...no one is fast enough in the NFL to hesitate and choose "safer" angles and still make amazing plays.

His nerve may have healed, but it looks like he's lost his nerve.

Thank goodness someone else sees this like me. I don't think he lost his nerve though. He knows. Its all about image and after football for that guy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on this board is qualified to say one way or the other about a linebacker. We watch the QB on every play.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
These last two weeks especially last week he looked like the weakest link, he's slow to recognize, can't shed blocks and certainly can't cover. This coaching staff is terrible if he's in the starting line up next week. I wonder what his pff grade will be it has to be above 29's last week lol. W

Leads the team with 23 tackles and 2 passes defended but do continue to cling to your dumb narrative.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
These last two weeks especially last week he looked like the weakest link, he's slow to recognize, can't shed blocks and certainly can't cover. This coaching staff is terrible if he's in the starting line up next week. I wonder what his pff grade will be it has to be above 29's last week lol. W
I distinctly remember him making a pretty gay play in coverage, but yes for the most part he has sucked. If I can admit this as a Notre Dame fan then it is so...

Bigtex67

Reaction score
He looks like he's guessing 90% of the time, and he's almost always wrong.

But hey, no one outshines him when it comes to celebrating tackles eight yards downfield!

Especially when we are down double digits.....

Praxit

Reaction score
He’s like Roy Williams from OU in the sense that he needs a hybrid position to succeed. He’s talented but seems out of position no matter where he is.
..that's called Instinct. He needs a Bell Cow to follow. He's fine athlete, but needs that extra touch to achieve the next level.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Former Falcon Jesse Tuggle was credited for about a million tackles /s/ in his career .....he became a running joke for commentators because he would come in late to pad his stats...

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Former Falcon Jesse Tuggle was credited for about a million tackles /s/ in his career .....he became a running joke for commentators because he would come in late to pad his stats...
I have to side eye that accusation because Tuggle was a very good LB overall despite his small stature.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Except you of course. The Yoda of all things football.:facepalm:

Anyone who has ever coached knows how to watch a game without
simply "following the ball".

Most of us can tell you where the play is going before the snap.
Or, at least notice the blocking, or happen to notice what motion does
or see a receiver, or RB, run open in a route.

Or maybe we don't even watch the offense. Maybe we see how the Dline rushes,
how the LBs (are supposed to...) react. Maybe we catch a blitz or notice press coverage.

But hey, you go ahead and watch it your way... lol/smh

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone who has ever coached knows how to watch a game without
simply "following the ball".

Most of us can tell you where the play is going before the snap.
Or, at least notice the blocking, or happen to notice what motion does
or see a receiver, or RB, run open in a route.

Or maybe we don't even watch the offense. Maybe we see how the Dline rushes,
how the LBs (are supposed to...) react. Maybe we catch a blitz or notice press coverage.

But hey, you go ahead and watch it your way... lol/smh
:lmao::lmao:Bull**** :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: Most of us? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao: