Jaylon Smith to wear 9

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
First, I'm surprised that there's a half million dollars in Jaylon Jerseys sitting out there in the first place? Who the Hades ordered that many Jaylon Jerseys in the first place? I love to see the sales numbers on him. I imagine there are crates full of them that have been sitting in a warehouse for a long time.

Yesterday, we find out that Aaron Rodgers passed up half and million by not working out for a few days in the offseason. Today, we learn that this guy drops half a mill to buy up jerseys just to wear another number. It gets harder and harder to root for today's athletes.

Cas2800

Reaction score

Jaylon Smith is making a jersey switch, moving from No. 54 to No. 9, but it will come at a cost. According to multiple sources, Smith will pay close to mid-six figures to buy out the current inventory of No. 54 jerseys and t-shirts, which follows NFL rules, to make the move. Had he said he would change his number in 2022, it would not cost him any money. Sources said Smith reached out to Tony Romp, who wore the number from 2003-16.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

-

What a complete moron. Whether or not he cleared it with Tony Romp.

Smart move by Jerry. Make Jaylon but all his jerseys they couldn't sell right before releasing him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LET'S GO!!! Let's bring some respectability to the #9......

No matter what the doubters feel...its a new beginning of Jaylon...not because of his number change but new DC and new defense.......

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I knew when I saw this on the sports news that people would use this to pile on him.

Jaylon will be here another three years.

817Gill

Reaction score
Is this based on what went down today or just a generic statement?
Seems like it’s based on what’s going on this off-season so far. The rookie minicamp QB’s were bad and it looks like so far in OTA’s the non-Dak QB play has been bad. Think Watkins is just inferring that this looks like it needs some outside attention.