Jaylon Smith weekly thread?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
there are so many unheralded LB's in the league who play at a level 100 times better than the dunce. its really sad that he is even on the field.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Must've been splash plays per plays then. I'll look again.

Prior to last game. Sturm had Jaylon 4th on the team in “splash” with 15 (.015 per snap/or just 1.5 splash plays per 100 snaps).

Here’s the deal, it took 952 snaps to accumulate that. Comparatively, D-Law leads the team with 30 in just 586. Kaiser won’t volunteer that info though.

LVE has 10.5 splash plays in just 460 snaps.

Cmac

Reaction score
How about just stop entirely? Your posts suck and we all know what it is driven by.
Matt....you having some kind of day to cause this response?....I'm just being fair and have little to nil what you think of my posts. It can get better and you have a choice.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Must've been splash plays per plays then. I'll look again.

Could be, DLaw is the leader with twice as many splash plays with a third less snaps. Randy Gregory has about the same number (13 to 15) in one fourth of the snaps.

Some of it is what you would expect, Xavier Woods has half the number Jaylon does in the same number of snaps. Jaylon is having a down year for sure, but IMO the biggest factors are the scheme change and DL chaos in front of him. He was never meant to take on OL and today we have entire threads devoted to the fact an OT with a 100 pounds on him blocked him.

khiladi

Reaction score
This would be more of the same, but perhaps the most LOL one could hope for.

And if I'm Tank on this play, I would definitely require an explanation for these shenanigans.

If I was a fan of another team, I’d love this guy for all the laughs he brings... To be honest, when we looked like we were out of it and DeNucci was throwing side-arm passes, thinking he was Mahomes, the laughs with Jaylon made things easier to deal with.

Cmac

Reaction score
HUS3EIRNSHA7OAZQCIVAS25JDU.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
I refuse to acknowledge any Jaylon slander until such time as they get a LB that can actually play 75% of the snaps other than Jaylon.

I am to the point of muting people on twitter that tweet : "Get Jaylon off the field/team" et al.
I mean who exactly do you think they are gonna put in???
Coach's snaps can increase.

Cmac

Reaction score
Just wondering.....with Jaylon Smith weekly characterizations and his play outlined.....just wondering why our other LB's play is always swept under the rug....Just wondering?
Document_Destruction.jpg

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just wondering.....with Jaylon Smith weekly characterizations and his play outlined.....just wondering why our other LB's play is always swept under the rug....Just wondering?

Because its CBZ and bandwagon posters gotta bandwagon.

Xavier Woods has three times as many broken plays and bad reads but Jaylon gets twenty times as many posts.

Cmac

Reaction score
Because its CBZ and bandwagon posters gotta bandwagon.

Xavier Woods has three times as many broken plays and bad reads but Jaylon gets twenty times as many posts.
Kaiser.....thanks!!!! I was wondering, especially considering he is one of own, and some get "free passes" all the time. Just think the characterizations get over the top and uncalled for....guess the board rules allow for the mudslingin' to include words like "idiot", "dumb", etc. and the like. When all else fails....film or pics don't lie. Fair enough, I'll continue to come strong too.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kaiser.....thanks!!!! I was wondering, especially considering he is one of own, and some get "free passes" all the time. Just think the characterizations get over the top and uncalled for....guess the board rules allow for the mudslingin' to include words like "idiot", "dumb", etc. and the like. When all else fails....film or pics don't lie. Fair enough, I'll continue to come strong too.

Some of it is a normal reaction to a crappy year and Jaylon having a down year IMO, but I think some of it is just typical Internet stuff. A couple of years ago it was "Dak sucks because he has no pocket presence", before that it was "Sean Lee sucks because he is made of glass", before that it was DLaw, on and on.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Could be, DLaw is the leader with twice as many splash plays with a third less snaps. Randy Gregory has about the same number (13 to 15) in one fourth of the snaps.

Some of it is what you would expect, Xavier Woods has half the number Jaylon does in the same number of snaps. Jaylon is having a down year for sure, but IMO the biggest factors are the scheme change and DL chaos in front of him. He was never meant to take on OL and today we have entire threads devoted to the fact an OT with a 100 pounds on him blocked him.

Awwww, you need help with football basics little one?

There’s no defensive scheme in existence that protects linebackers from having to take on blocks you sincere dunce. So to ignorantly lament “he was never meant to take on OL” is moronic.

Secondly, his struggles date back to 2019 in Maranelli’s scheme so your lazy alibi is bunk. There are entire threads criticizing his play in 2019 under Rod.

Cmac

Reaction score
Some of it is a normal reaction to a crappy year and Jaylon having a down year IMO, but I think some of it is just typical Internet stuff. A couple of years ago it was "Dak sucks because he has no pocket presence", before that it was "Sean Lee sucks because he is made of glass", before that it was DLaw, on and on.
I'm with you.....just don't understand why the eyes don't see what I see. I look at the entire plays, who did what, who missed something.....and I'm not a coach. Example, the Lamar Jackson's run against the 'Boys caught Jaylon and especially LVE in undisciplined positions, but LVE left the middle wide open....maybe he misses the tackle anyway, given Lamar's quickness....but he wasn't anywhere in sight due to a bad read......got no call out on this board like Jaylon gets. SLee is being granted immunity due to past efforts, and Thomas is never mentioned good or bad. In short, I've been saying our LBs lack speed to go with improved reads of the offense, and stifled by our interior linemen getting thrashed or the DEs failing to keep containment, or CBs unwilling to give themselves up on sweeps or make the plays.....business decisions. Just my take.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm with you.....just don't understand why the eyes don't see what I see. I look at the entire plays, who did what, who missed something.....and I'm not a coach. Example, the Lamar Jackson's run against the 'Boys caught Jaylon and especially LVE in undisciplined positions, but LVE left the middle wide open....maybe he misses the tackle anyway, given Lamar's quickness....but he wasn't anywhere in sight due to a bad read......got no call out on this board like Jaylon gets. SLee is being granted immunity due to past efforts, and Thomas is never mentioned good or bad. In short, I've been saying our LBs lack speed to go with improved reads of the offense, and stifled by our interior linemen getting thrashed or the DEs failing to keep containment, or CBs unwilling to give themselves up on sweeps or make the plays.....business decisions. Just my take.

So go start a thread about LVE or Lee since you think they’re just as bad as Jaylon.

You’re posting pictures and gifs of Lee getting lit up by Golden Tate from years ago. Jaylon’s hijinks are from just yesterday, lol.

If you think Lee, LVE, and Jaylon are equally bad you’re silly.

Cmac

Reaction score
So go start a thread about LVE or Lee since you think they’re just as bad as Jaylon.

You’re posting pictures and gifs of Lee getting lit up by Golden Tate from years ago. Jaylon’s hijinks are from just yesterday, lol.

If you think Lee, LVE, and Jaylon are equally bad you’re silly.
And you thinking Lee and LVE are immune or exempt from bad play commentary is comical. Real funny. So I'm good. Got plenty more analytics.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And you thinking Lee and LVE are immune or exempt from bad play commentary is comical. Real funny. So I'm good. Got plenty more analytics.

Who said they’re immune? Are you unable to start a thread?

Lee and LVE both have tape of them screwing up, but it’s not to the extent Jaylon does.

All you’re doing is proving up the strawman that “oh, so I guess LVE and Lee never screw up” to try and find level ground with Jaylon.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm with you.....just don't understand why the eyes don't see what I see. I look at the entire plays, who did what, who missed something.....and I'm not a coach. Example, the Lamar Jackson's run against the 'Boys caught Jaylon and especially LVE in undisciplined positions, but LVE left the middle wide open....maybe he misses the tackle anyway, given Lamar's quickness....but he wasn't anywhere in sight due to a bad read......got no call out on this board like Jaylon gets.

That's funny, I remember reading the posts here that Jaylon couldn't tackle Lamar and thinking "who does?"