Jaylon Smith weekly thread?

Kaiser

Reaction score
SLee is being granted immunity due to past efforts, and Thomas is never mentioned good or bad.

Sean Lee is the exact reason I put so much of this season on Nolan. Lee is famous for his play diagnosis and by the "Splash Play" metric he has one in 100 snaps. That's roughly half the rate Jaylon has. If its one LB dropping off, you point the finger at that guy. If its all of them, you know its the coaches.

I think part of it too was LVE was doing the defensive play calling/alignments and it fell to Jaylon when he got hurt. I think it put pressure on Jaylon he wasn't ready for and is part of the reason he was freelancing way too much in the first half of the season when the defense was making so many mistakes. I think he was trying to cover for guys like Poe and Darian Thompson, or at least he felt like he had to.

Cmac

Reaction score
Who said they’re immune? Are you unable to start a thread?

Lee and LVE both have tape of them screwing up, but it’s not to the extent Jaylon does.

All you’re doing is proving up the strawman that “oh, so I guess LVE and Lee never screw up” to try and find level ground with Jaylon.
I don't need to start a thread......you didn't start this one, as well. I call out all, when necessary. Topic broached Jaylon...a LB....and I'm showing LB play. I will not apologize that my posts don't pile on to Jaylon. Can't do that, my eyes seen far more. Trying to find the Raven OL truck Lee.

Cmac

Reaction score
Sean Lee is the exact reason I put so much of this season on Nolan. Lee is famous for his play diagnosis and by the "Splash Play" metric he has one in 100 snaps. That's roughly half the rate Jaylon has. If its one LB dropping off, you point the finger at that guy. If its all of them, you know its the coaches.

I think part of it too was LVE was doing the defensive play calling/alignments and it fell to Jaylon when he got hurt. I think it put pressure on Jaylon he wasn't ready for and is part of the reason he was freelancing way too much in the first half of the season when the defense was making so many mistakes. I think he was trying to cover for guys like Poe and Darian Thompson, or at least he felt like he had to.
Kaiser..."splash metrics"....who makes this stuff up?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Some things never change.

Tackle stats were used to gloss over RWilliams31’s terrible and obvious declining play.

Jimmy Johnson thought so much of Eugene Lockhart’s league leading tackles that he couldn’t trade him fast enough.

But no, please keep telling us how 54’s tackles mean he’s awesome.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kaiser..."splash metrics"....who makes this stuff up?

Actually its from Bob Sturm, who I like. And Sturm has plenty of reservations about using it as a stat but he does so because he says there is no real way to grade defensive players without knowing their scheme and assignment.

So of course Cal Poly will try to use it in any way possible to claim Jaylon sucks. He also posted a video of a blitzing player knowing Zeke down to say he can't block, and the 40 yard run last week where Pollard broke away from a guy holding his jersey by several fingers to say he breaks tackles better than Zeke.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are a moron and a loser and everyone knows it. I've spoken.

That’s what I thought mental midget.

Cower away like you always have...bronze star, luuulz. Did they just email you and the other 28,000? “Hey, if you were here between this date and that date.....ugh, here ya go.....thanks for being there.”

Kaiser

Reaction score
That’s what I thought mental midget.

Cower away like you always have...bronze star, luuulz. Did they just email you and the other 28,000? “Hey, if you were here between this date and that date.....ugh, here ya go.....thanks for being there.”

"Cower"

Where did you serve and what do you do a living?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Actually its from Bob Sturm, who I like. And Sturm has plenty of reservations about using it as a stat but he does so because he says there is no real way to grade defensive players without knowing their scheme and assignment.

So of course Cal Poly will try to use it in any way possible to claim Jaylon sucks. He also posted a video of a blitzing player knowing Zeke down to say he can't block, and the 40 yard run last week where Pollard broke away from a guy holding his jersey by several fingers to say he breaks tackles better than Zeke.

Those are Sturm’s numbers you fumduck, loool.

I’m sorry you failed at life and WeHo community college courses aren’t giving you what you need to understand the data.

Jaylon
15 “splash plays” 952 snaps

LVE
10.5 splash plays 460 snaps

Kaiser: “uuuuugh, CalPoly’s doing sumthin’ funny with the numberz???”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And what have you done in life? Speak up, loser.

Not postured on an internet message board forum, fabricating tales about my life, getting caught, exposed, and shamed on a daily basis, having to continuously lie in an endless attempt to save face and make my life sound interesting and meaningful.

How about you?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Could be, DLaw is the leader with twice as many splash plays with a third less snaps. Randy Gregory has about the same number (13 to 15) in one fourth of the snaps.

Some of it is what you would expect, Xavier Woods has half the number Jaylon does in the same number of snaps. Jaylon is having a down year for sure, but IMO the biggest factors are the scheme change and DL chaos in front of him. He was never meant to take on OL and today we have entire threads devoted to the fact an OT with a 100 pounds on him blocked him.

Yeah that is what it was. Sturm also goes onto say that even if he does make some plays he is responsible for giving up even more bad plays.

Unless he improves markedly, he is a liability particularly eating up that cap space. Say what you will about Crawford, at least he was competent.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Awwww, you need help with football basics little one?

There’s no defensive scheme in existence that protects linebackers from having to take on blocks you sincere dunce. So to ignorantly lament “he was never meant to take on OL” is moronic.

Secondly, his struggles date back to 2019 in Maranelli’s scheme so your lazy alibi is bunk. There are entire threads criticizing his play in 2019 under Rod.

Of course LB have to take on blocks but a DT who can force an OT to do more than give a shove on a combo block, or even better stay home on a double, makes LB play a lot easier.

You can shield the WILL from the OL particularly with such DT play. Smith did play much better at the WILL because of it.

You really are not very good at the condescension gig. You really do not do anything to bolster your argument or put your opponent off guard. You just make yourself appear an uncompelling jerk while the one you do such to seem sympathetic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not postured on an internet message board forum, fabricating tales about my life, getting caught, exposed, and shamed on a daily basis, having to continuously lie in an endless attempt to save face and make my life sound interesting and meaningful.

How about you?

As if that avatar is not posturing. :laugh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
"And then I told Kaiser.... "

hqdefault.jpg

He really is not worth it. He has this antisocial moral relativism to him where he thinks that degrading others somehow makes himself better. When it comes down to it he won't argue honestly. I have had him on ignore for years and don't feel that I have missed a thing.