Jaylon's upcoming contract

The Natural

Reaction score
No. Wrong.

He graded out as the #1 CB every week of the season.

He is a Nnamdi Ashomuga type guy. He's more important than Tank.

Flashy interceptions are great, but I'd rather have a guy who week after week takes a guy out of the game.
Please save me with what he “graded out” as. I watched the game with my two eyes, you’d be a fool to pay him elite money.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Allowed only 53% completion for the entire season too.

And ya know, seeing as how dak is so trash, and he still completes 65% of his passes, imagine the real quarterbacks Byron played against struggling considerably worse than that.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Allowed only 53% completion for the entire season too.

And ya know, seeing as how dak is so trash, and he still completes 65% of his passes, imagine the real quarterbacks Byron played against struggling considerably worse than that.

76 tackles. For a corner also.

And let’s not bypass the fact he was the fastest player recorded on the field at any point in the nfl in 2017/18 season.

They haven’t released this seasons data yet, so obviously I can’t use that. But realize tyreek Hill was still a pro last year.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Salary cap management matters. Jaylon has developed into a fantastic player, but let's not forget the team got nothing in year 1 of the contract, and only average play in year 2. The production or return on investment is important on rookie contracts. The team will have gotten 2 very good (cheap) years of production for a super high 2nd round pick, instead of 4. Would another good player who was actually on the field have made a difference at the end of 2016? Now he will earn elite money. Is the LB position the best position for that, or are the QB or DL positions more important? Where best to allocate elite money?

Cooper is another good example. The team will be paying him handsomely too in short order. The first round pick used on him could have secured a good player for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract. It's not just about talent, but also about dollars. When the team is left without quality depth on the OL, DL, or other important positions, this is why.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
SMH at people judging CBs based on interceptions.

As far as Jaylon, I'd offer him an Anthony Hitchens contract right now. He's only 23 years old and arguably playing like a top 10 MLB, I think he easily deserves top 10 MLB money. 5 years $45-$50 million, guarantee half of it. He's been 100% healthy through 2 NFL seasons (nerve aside) and is only going to improve as a player, so I think we could get our money's worth throughout the entire duration of that contract.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
SMH at people judging CBs based on interceptions.

As far as Jaylon, I'd offer him an Anthony Hitchens contract right now. He's only 23 years old and arguably playing like a top 10 MLB, I think he easily deserves top 10 MLB money. 5 years $45-$50 million, guarantee half of it. He's been 100% healthy through 2 NFL seasons (nerve aside) and is only going to improve as a player, so I think we could get our money's worth throughout the entire duration of that contract.
Considering via RFA we have him through the '20 season.

I wouldn't sign him this off-season, or if I do, I would give him a Tyron Smith like contract. 7 years, 100mn.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Mega contract decisions coming up:

Dak
Zeke
Cooper
Jaylon
Byron
Tank

The odds of us signing ALL of these guys to mega deals is unlikely. Even though we all prefer to keep all of these guys they aren't going to over pay for all of them. It just won't work.

Cowboys have plenty of cap space to sign all of the above and add Earl Thomas if they so choose in my opinion. The cap is high enough that few teams are hindered by it any more.

visionary

Reaction score
No. Wrong.

He graded out as the #1 CB every week of the season.

He is a Nnamdi Ashomuga type guy. He's more important than Tank.

Can you please stop with this?
There has never been an elite CB in NFL history who had zero interceptions in his best year

NEVER

NEVER

did I say NEVER?

Byron is a good above average CB

Trade him for a second rd pick and draft another CB with that pick

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Can Jaylon make a Pro Bowl or 2 before we give him 50m?

He made great strides this year but lets tap the brakes

He and LVE have plenty of improvements to make

INDY and LAR ran right thru us

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Can you please stop with this?
There has never been an elite CB in NFL history who had zero interceptions in his best year

NEVER

NEVER

did I say NEVER?

Byron is a good above average CB

Trade him for a second rd pick and draft another CB with that pick
Wrong.

Terribly wrong.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The Cowboys over the last twenty five years have let a lot of windows close without any serious run at a SB. Some of those windows were pretty small and some were pretty big. In my opinion, the Cowboys have the largest window of opportunity talent wise to win a SB right now since 95. They need a SB within the next 3 years before the huge contracts implode this team.