Twitter: Jayron Kearse visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not last year. Last year it was depth more so on offense but also on defense with several injuries.

Depth was not a problem at S. Having any quality starters was the problem. Hence why it's weird they are bottom fishing for Jayron Kearse. They'd be better off just signing both Hooker and Kazee.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I see Kearse as a fallback plan in case a deal with Kazee or Hooker can't be reached.

Or maybe this is a potential special teams add? Can't say I know enough about Kearse to make an accurate assumption.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kearse has had multiple off the field issues that any team that signs him better prepare to deal with. Not sure hes worth the risk even if on the cheap.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ExNcRZtXAAAi_QI

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see Kearse as a fallback plan in case a deal with Kazee or Hooker can't be reached.

Or maybe this is a potential special teams add? Can't say I know enough about Kearse to make an accurate assumption.
camp body with SOME upside if he can get his **** together off the field. ST would be his role if he makes the cut.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty much apples to oranges. One is a free safety and the other is a box safety. One is great on special teams.

Kearse made $12,000 last season being on the practice squad. He made $1 million the year before that.

If Woods wants to play on a one year deal, sure. Kearse is strictly SS depth and special teams where as Woods is looking to start

Heard kearse is kinda a head case, i just prefer to stay away from him.

Proof

Reaction score
actually teams are MADE UP OF 63 PLAYERS ONLY 22 START MEANING 70% ARE BACKUPS AND SPECIAL TEAMS..

THIS FAN PAGE IS JUST FULL OF WHINERS AND ACT AS IF THE DC FO ARE ISOALTED AND THIS IS JUST THE JONSES BEING CHEAP..

the superstar contracts and OL commitment says cheap and thrifty are not the DC thats the bottom 16 teams in the league who dont keep their own players and constantly have bad players as starters..

you tell me how that
Dak
OL
Zeke
AC
Dlaw
JS
etc are thrifty signings lol

re-read what I said. Ask yourself how any of what you said applies. Thanks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
re-read what I said. Ask yourself how any of what you said applies. Thanks.

simply was a continuation of your thought and the rest of the tone of the thread you were replying too..

The Jonses are the farthest ownership from cheap and thrifty; Note ATT, The Star , Two Tcs locations and all the giant deals Jerry handed out the last 3 seasons..

sure FA is used less then one likes but good drafts and having money into your own players sometimes inhibits this FA process..team is not complete nor have they played a game, just pointing out the word cheap and thrifty is the farthest from the truth when talking about the jonses..im sure they feel thrifty using Heli and yacht, private jets to go places on regular bases..lmao..

frugal in FA because big deals already in place inhibit the goin balls to the wall like fans want but its due to them not being cheap with their own players..

Reactions: CWR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess this thread can be closed now that we have a new thread saying the Cowboys signed Jayron Kearse.

CWR

Reaction score
simply was a continuation of your thought and the rest of the tone of the thread you were replying too..

The Jonses are the farthest ownership from cheap and thrifty; Note ATT, The Star , Two Tcs locations and all the giant deals Jerry handed out the last 3 seasons..

sure FA is used less then one likes but good drafts and having money into your own players sometimes inhibits this FA process..team is not complete nor have they played a game, just pointing out the word cheap and thrifty is the farthest from the truth when talking about the jonses..im sure they feel thrifty using Heli and yacht, private jets to go places on regular bases..lmao..

frugal in FA because big deals already in place inhibit the goin balls to the wall like fans want but its due to them not being cheap with their own players..

My biggest beef with out fa approach isn't based on being thrifty. The problem is we mis-evaluate far too often and instead of going a tier higher for one or two legitimate players we often sign half a dozen wash outs who don't ultimately make the team. Id prefer we get a couple meaningful guys and fill in those last spots with vet minimums and rookies.

That and the fact we've taken DT and safety for granted far too long, despite evidence to the contrary.

Neal was an exciting signing. I would hope we'd take a chance on Kazee or Hooker as well. Then maybe go wild and look at KJ Wright. Of course we still value our current LBs for reasons beyond me.

To be fair we did go after McCoy and Poe last year and it took us backwards. So I understand the dilemma. We simply have to get better in the pro personnel area if we are going to threaten a run of any substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.