Jealous Romo rant from Extremeskins

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I had to post this because I thought it was a good post and pretty accurate. It had to do with us going to Romo and them sticking with Campbell. Its always nice to get a good perspective from a fan of another team when you are thinking they are being honest.

BY: JRAB

I watched the Monday night game. That Dallas team lacked life until Romo came in. They were dead in the water. Yes, Bledsoe made the occasional throw that was good, but overall the Giants defenders could just rush to a point about 7 yards behind the center and know that the QB would be sitting there, just patting the ball. Throw in poor blocking and you have a recipe for disaster.

If the viewers and fans in the stadium could see that, the other 52 players could see that as well. They knew they were going nowhere fast with Bledsoe and so the team was playing disheartened.

When Romo went in, even after the INT on his first play, you could see that the team was re-invigorated. They were playing more with a purpose on both sides of the ball, and had Romo been able to limit his mistakes, they would've won that game. The defense stiffened and the offense started rolling. Had TO not dropped that fourth down pass and the Cowboys had converted there, the whole outcome might have been different.

The Cowboys were clearly a better team with Romo in there than with Bledsoe. Each time they had the ball, they moved down the field. The Giants defense didn't make them punt, I don't think one time. It was either a TD or an INT. Romo drove them to two TD's --both were passes-- and also ran it in for a two point conversion. He never failed to move the ball... he simply stopped himself with mistakes. If Romo would've had the benefit of practicing with the starting unit all week preparing for the Giants and had he used just a smidgen more discretion, Dallas might very well have walked out with a victory Monday night. A victory that Romo would've been responsible for in large part.

If you didn't watch the game you won't get what I'm talking about. The team just played better and with more urgency for Romo. They responded to him and you could tell they beleived in him and his ability as a QB. The TE's were able to get out in patterns instead of staying in to block for a statue. Once he cuts down on those mistakes... he's going to make Dallas much, much, MUCH better than they were with Bledsoe. Mark my words.

The rest of the team saw a winner who made some mistakes that everyone makes the first time they ever play in the NFL. They saw a winner that they know can take them where they want to go. They saw a winner instead of a guy who has proven over the last decade or so that he just can't get it done. They know Bledsoe will never take them where they want to go and you could tell that they knew it. There was just something missing with Bledsoe that they regained when Romo came in.

I really hated to see the change because I think Dallas will be light years better with Romo. Even with his mistakes, he'll move that offense up and down the field. It made me upset to know that we've seen the last of Bledsoe, because I think he was the main thing holding them back.

Watching Romo come in and seeing how the team responded to him also made me feel... jealous.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He makes some very good points...

Let's hope he is on the mark...

Reaction score
they should have pulled their trigger long ago also. i'm glad we got romo in there to see what we've got. if not, let the qb campaign roll on.......

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
That couldn't be a real skins fan could it?:D

I'm looking foreword to our next Eagles game, to me they have the best scheme and defensive line in the NFC. That will be a gauge to where Romo is.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Good post, I couldn't help but think what the Skins fans were thinking, since they are going through, sort of, the same thing. Brunell isn't exactly a statue, but the complaints are that he never throws the ball deep, he throws the screen pass nicely and the short stuff, but he is an on again off again QB that doesn't bring life to the Skins. I actually thought Gibbs might switch after seeing Parcells do it, but that just isn't going to be the case.

lspain1

Reaction score
Interesting perspective...we may not be exactly thrilled with where we are...but things are not dull right now.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
great post. i'm lookin forward to watching Romo progress and lead this team the rest of the way. goodbye blowshow, it was nice knowin ya.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think just about anyone can see that our offense moved better with Romo in there. 2 of the 3 ints were kind of freaky and should go away pretty quickly. The third one was just a bad pass. But the point is, our offense was better with him in there. Cut out those INTs and we can be rolling.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1117378 said:
Wow, I didn't know Tony's mom was a Skins fan...

I checked the thread, he cut off the bottom

"Plus, he's so handsome! Any decent jersey girl would absolutely go mshogena for him! He's a QB for the Dallas Texans, goyl's.....

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I cut off the bottom because it was mostly about how Jason Campbell could do the same for the skins. I just thought mostly the top part would be interesting to us. Awfully hard to get an unbiased opinion at Eskins. I thought this topic might come over on their site.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
superpunk;1117404 said:
I checked the thread, he cut off the bottom

"Plus, he's so handsome! Any decent jersey girl would absolutely go mshogena for him! He's a QB for the Dallas Texans, goyl's.....

+10 for mixing in obscure Yiddish dialect... oy! :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Faerluna;1117444 said:
-5 for not knowing it's spelled "meshuggenah" ;)

Try and take my imaginary points away. See if I don't bite your hand off.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I don't care who wrote it, it's all pretty accurate. But, I really love that Foreskins are anguishing over Big Bill's decision to move on when Gibby can't decide what type of Depends he's going to wear ... regular or extra absorbant.