Jeff Bezos looking into buying the Commanders

dckid

Reaction score
Arguably, that's why we haven't repeated since 95. Cap blocked us from buying good players.
What are you talking about? Jerry does not want to spend money to win a SB. He only wants to be in the news cycle.
There is a difference between cap number vs actual dollars spent. The Cowboys are consistently in the bottom third of dollar spend category.
Every once in a while when they sign Dak or Lawrence that dollar spent number will go up, but they are not like other teams.
Unless you have a Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen type your time to win is now, there are no more 3-5 year windows. Every year you should be going all out and try to win.
Jerry goes all out to get to 8 Wins, as long as the team is flexed to Sunday night, competing for a wild card he is happy.
People buy tickets, revenue in, c osts controlled. He bring in more revenue, more profit, and his franchise is the highest value in all of Sport, not just USA. The Cowboys are a cash cow and Jerry doesn't care about SB's as he has three.

fredp22

Reaction score
Jones runs off at the mouth anytime a stray thought pops inside his head. I wish he would get the bug in proving himself all over again from scratch.

The NHL would be lucky to get a hype man like Jones. He should buy a hockey franchise and go crazy remaking the league into his own image. Perhaps even install himself as commissioner. Roger Goodell would have a good laugh about that happening.
he's getting old and Stephen cant run the team. It would make sense if he contacted Bezos. He did borrow to help build the stadium and TheStar and interest rates have gone up on the loan if its a variable. The ******** kept any attractions from playing at the stadium. He also was buying natural gas companies ( I think in the Permium basin) before natural gas took a hit but it came back.
I would love to see it happen

davey999

Reaction score
Maybe they'll be able to deliver now? Get it? I'm here all week. Try the veal.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Jerrys hinted about selling over last 2 years.
He could also sell, buy a cheaper team, and put a few billion in the bank

Honestly i think Jerry never sells, but if he passes all bets are off.

The money is simply too much and the extended Jones family is going to want that wealth and the ability to spend it as they see fit. They all have sons daughters etc.. they will not want all their wealth tied up in the franchise with no real access to it.

I mean honestly, you are talking a billion or more to each child. That is a lot of cheese.

basel90

Reaction score

The money is simply too much and the extended Jones family is going to want that wealth and the ability to spend it as they see fit. They all have sons daughters etc.. they will not want all their wealth tied up in the franchise with no real access to it.

I mean honestly, you are talking a billion or more to each child. That is a lot of cheese.
who would be an ideal fan favorite to buy the cowboys? he has to be a Billionaire , which limits the candidates. Elon musk seems to be the only option and he already has investments in Texas.

fredp22

Reaction score

Jerrys getting old, knows he has no one to take over, and Bezos is looking now. If hes smart he calls Bezos. The difference in price between the 2 teams to Bezos is minimal and we have a much bigger name.

wishful thinking

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well unfortunately for Bezos the NFL will probably steer ownership toward a minority group. That is the SOP of the current NFL kingmakers.

dckid

Reaction score
Well unfortunately for Bezos the NFL will probably steer ownership toward a minority group. That is the SOP of the current NFL kingmakers.
lol, Like the Waltons. NFL doesn’t care. They are probably pushing for a figurehead because of all Washington nonsense that Snyder did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
thats all we need. Amazon owning a team while also live streaming games. There is a HUGE conflict of interest issue there.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Bezos owning Washington would be a big question mark. He obviously knows business. However, that doesn't mean he would necessarily make good football decisions. He would be smart to job out the running of the team to a general manager, which he would probably do. We, of course, have no idea who that would be, or whether he would even make a smart hiring choice. It could be someone highly competent or it could be someone incompetent.

It's a big unknown, and we, as curious people, tend to try to fill in the details, but the truth is, we can't.

Fmart322

Reaction score
If Dan Snyder sells that team to Jeff Bezos, they'll win a super bowl in 5 years.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I wouldn't sell it if I was Snyder unless Bozos goes well above fair value, and shatters records for an NFL franchise value.