Jeff Bezos looking into buying the Commanders

RonWashington

Reaction score

dckid

Reaction score

Hordak

Reaction score
He might have to give up thursday night football. I think thats an easy concession
That would bring problems of its own. If I were an Amazon shareholder, I sure wouldn't be happy about making concessions so Bezos can have a new toy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Money won't necessarily make things better. You still have to field a good football product.

For example, Jerry Jones actually played football AND is rich **.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's doing it in the NBA. Brooklyn Nets he owns and he owns Roc Nation which is Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irvings agency. Lol! Told you this
Hes only a minor owner of the Nets though. Like 1 percent. And the NBA is much different. That league is run by the players more so than the NFL. JMO

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Could be bad for the NFC East. Bezos would just hire a competent and ruthless management team to run the show. An NFL team would barely qualify as a hobby for him.

It's also possible that he knows so little about the sport that he's not even capable of hiring someone competent.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I would agree that it would be great and long over due but I would have to disagree on the rest. I don't believe players would take less to play there nor should they. They should get as much as they can. Also if they did it would become an issue that the league would have to address. Not to mention that the NFLPS would not permit their members to go around signing contracts for less than they are worth as that would affect the future value of other members.

I have always felt that the deals that Brady would sign with the Patriots should have been reviewed by the league and the NFLPA. I would bet money that some day things will come to lights about side deals. There is already things out there that are super shady.

nah i don't mean they'd play for peanuts, we both know a bunch of all pros aren't gonna take vet minimum just to play for him. However I think it could be similar to how Amari took less to stay with us. You could get 22 mil from this team or 20 mil from a team who might support/understand you in ways that you know the others wouldn't.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with his money he should talk to Jerry about selling first
Jeff Bezos is one of only a few individuals who could match or exceed Jerry Jones' asking price, which I estimate would begin at or above $9 billion. Motivating Jones to sell is a different matter though.

fredp22

Reaction score
Jeff Bezos is one of only a few individuals who could match or exceed Jerry Jones' asking price, which I estimate would begin at or above $9 billion. Motivating Jones to sell is a different matter though.
Jerrys hinted about selling over last 2 years.
He could also sell, buy a cheaper team, and put a few billion in the bank

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerrys hinted about selling over last 2 years.
He could also sell, buy a cheaper team, and put a few billion in the bank
Jones runs off at the mouth anytime a stray thought pops inside his head. I wish he would get the bug in proving himself all over again from scratch.

The NHL would be lucky to get a hype man like Jones. He should buy a hockey franchise and go crazy remaking the league into his own image. Perhaps even install himself as commissioner. Roger Goodell would have a good laugh about that happening.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is not about money . Jeff is extremely organized ,smart and methodical , he will use his massive resources to deploy a top notch professional team and make it the place where players want to come to Washington and play.
Just like people want to go to Amazon to work?

basel90

Reaction score
Just like people want to go to Amazon to work?
Funny you mention that . I was in arizona visiting with a freind and the line of applications for work at amazon fullfillment center . let me put it this way, these applicants were eager to work for amazon. work is work.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny you mention that . I was in arizona visiting with a freind and the line of applications for work at amazon fullfillment center . let me put it this way, these applicants were eager to work for amazon. work is work.
My city was one of the candidates for their HQ2. No one wanted to work there. Amazon has a horrible reputation as far as employee treatment and satisfaction

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The richest owner in the NFL gave his HC a 63M guaranteed contract and now he is gone.....but still getting paid.

Money isn't what it takes, if it did GB, PIT and BUF wouldn't have done anything.

Rich people don't do anything, they hire it done and Bezos would do the same. Rich people are too busy making money with money to bother themselves with running any of their businesses.

That's why Booger has the Highland Park Hillbillies, he trusts family while he shows off for the cameras.

Cydios

Reaction score
The richest owner in the NFL gave his HC a 63M guaranteed contract and now he is gone.....but still getting paid.

Money isn't what it takes, if it did GB, PIT and BUF wouldn't have done anything.

Rich people don't do anything, they hire it done and Bezos would do the same. Rich people are too busy making money with money to bother themselves with running any of their businesses.

That's why Booger has the Highland Park Hillbillies, he trusts family while he shows off for the cameras.

Arguably, that's why we haven't repeated since 95. Cap blocked us from buying good players.