Twitter: Jeff Cavanaugh on OL and run game vs Saints

Dre11

Reaction score
The Cowboys had better passing stats than rushing stats. How do you come to the conclusion that means the Saints were dead set on stopping the pass?

Of course they had more passing stats but they weren't great either. And a lot of that late in the game when they were trying to come back. Had they kept throwing that game would've been 20-10

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Of course they had more passing stats but they weren't great either. And a lot of that late in the game when they were trying to come back. Had they kept throwing that game would've been 20-10

66% completion percentage and ~11 yards is good. A lot better than 2 yards per carry. Also throwing the ball more would likely have the remaining runs more effective because you made them worry about the pass.

Dre11

Reaction score
66% completion percentage and ~11 yards is good. A lot better than 2 yards per carry. Also throwing the ball more would likely have the remaining runs more effective because you made them worry about the pass.

Lol...cant help you. Keep going by raw numbers. Numbers don't come with context. But I don't expect you to understand that.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol...cant help you. Keep going by raw numbers. Numbers don't come with context. But I don't expect you to understand that.

Lol...first down run 11 yards, first down pass int. Yeah keep putting it in the air

Dre11

Reaction score
So you're gonna go off two plays of data

Lol, you were saying?

Every 1st down run went for 5 or more yards. That's what I'm saying, this team is built to run . Keep dropping back today and it will be a loss. That's what I'm sayinf

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
And what happen to all those passes today.

Didn't get to watch the full game cause I'm at work. But looks like they were missing Tyron Smith from what I saw. Should have been running the ball more.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Asking your backside lineman to reach on a cutoff block on a DL head up on another OL towards the play is asking way too much.

Dre11

Reaction score
When the running game is averaging 5 yarf

Vs Aaron Rodgers instead of Teddy Bridgewater. Missing Tyron Smith. Averaging 5 years per carry. Yes under those circumstances I would be more open to taking the air out the ball lol.

It doesn't matter the qb. When a team shows you 5 and 6 man boxes and you're suppose to have one of the best OL and run game .You run

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
It doesn't matter the qb. When a team shows you 5 and 6 man boxes and you're suppose to have one of the best OL and run game .You run

I think if you're averaging 2 yards a carry your reputation doesn't matter at that point. You have to switch things up.

Dre11

Reaction score
Damn ref, missing illegal contact on int. Was huge