Twitter: Jeff Darlington: Elliott deal is "getting done"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, because Dak has class and respect. He easily could hold out. If he did, this season would be over before it even started. Good thing Dak is not pulling a Zeke, which actually would have been at this time last year when Dak still had 2 years left on his rookie contract.

What if LVE holds out next year when he will still have years left on his contract? Will you be ok with that? What if other players start doing that as well?

Need 3 years before the rules of the CBA says you can renegotiate your contract. So Zeke is within the rules given.
So LVE has to play this year and next.
Dak had to play last year. But he knows he needs a prove it year which is why he is not holding out, as Zeke already has proved it.
If Dak does not get a new deal, then he must have a great year to get what he thinks he deserves. If he held out, it would be worse for him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
#4 pick running backs are supposed to lead the league. Zeke already got paid off the bat, unlike Demarco Murray who deserved to be resigned for more than Zeke demands IMO....he didnt shove security guards on his downtime.

Murray had one great season and three were he had a hard time keeping on the field.

Also, the freaking work is re-signed. Resigned means something different. Look it up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why oh why is JJ going to pay Zeke top dollar if he's like 8th in the pecking order? Talk is cheap, actions are everything, your opinion or Cowboys actions who should I believe? Again you're funny.
I said who are most important not who is getting paid. Slow down and comprehend, I wouldn't have included Tyron Smith if it was who is getting paid pecking order.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If it's not a re-work of his 4th and 5th year base and simply just an extension then that's okay. 30-35 million extension wouldn't be bad considering he has like 13 million in guaranteed the next two seasons (you would only really be adding like 20 million extra in guaranteed that you could easily spread/cover for years 4, 5, and 6).

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I never said Dak was a bad QB. You make throughout the playoffs sound like Dallas went far. They didnt. He should be putting up great numbers more times than not because of the supporting cast. Kinda like Zeke does with his "running" line. Zeke has a bad game because he is keyed on the most. Dak has a bad game and its everyone elses fault. A big part of Daks job should be to exploit what the defense is giving him. You dont see that near as much as you would like. With that said, I do think he is solidly consistent. The game/time of possession management has been really good with him. If Dak made as many plays as excuses he gets here then he would be as good as Zeke in respect to his position to be honest.
Dak against GB had Terrence Williams as his leading receiver that game. I don't think anybody would say Dak had a great game because of Williams.......

birdwells1

Reaction score
I said who are most important not who is getting paid. Slow down and comprehend, I wouldn't have included Tyron Smith if it was who is getting paid pecking order.

Whatever, Zeke may not accept his latest offer, I wouldn't.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dak had the highest QBR throughout the playoffs this past season, plus he's been a gamer in every playoff game he's played in his career. Can't say the same for Zeke. Dak even passed for over 300 yards and at least 3 TDs in his very first playoff game against the Aaron Rodgers led Packers. Romo never threw for 300 yards or more than 2 TDs in any playoff game he played in.

I say for years you sniffed inside the wrong jockstrap. Love that choking sensation, eh? :laugh:

I don’t know if it was worth responding to. Regardless of how you feel about Dak, saying Quincy Carter is a poor man’s Dak is a dumb thing to add to a conversation. Quincy Carter is a poor man’s Aaron Rogers...prove me wrong!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I don’t know if it was worth responding to. Regardless of how you feel about Dak, saying Quincy Carter is a poor man’s Dak is a dumb thing to add to a conversation. Quincy Carter is a poor man’s Aaron Rogers...prove me wrong!

Quincy Carter is a poor man. Full stop.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We shall see.

If Zeke signs this is the most talented Cowboys team this century.
spells doom for JG lol if he ant win with this team very similar IMO to the 2007 team and lost 1st round, hes done...heck I believe if we start 3-5 again , hes gone..I can See RM getting promoted , dragging KrisR to DC and leaving KM alone but if KM needs ousting Kitna gets promoted LOL Jerry has plan in place this time im sure of it..n or changes are being made, BIGUNS

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
remember with @America's Cowboy it is never ever Dak's fault, all that sniffing has damaged his objectivity.
How convenient you forget how I bashed Dak all of last week once he made demands for a $40 million per year new contract. Regardless, Dak is going to stay in Dallas for many years to come. Deal with it.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I never mentioned Quincy Carter. It was someone else. You obviously are responding to the wrong poster.

jnday

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't agree. Starting the first half of 2018 with a 3-5 record, plus a dismal performance during the Rams playoff loss says the Cowboys should have waited on offering Zeke a new contract, especially with other key players due this year.
How can Zeke be the only problem in the Rams game? Zeke wouldn’t have been put in those situations if Dak could have beat the defense with his passing ability. There was enough blame for everybody in that game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How can Zeke be the only problem in the Rams game? Zeke wouldn’t have been put in those situations if Dak could have beat the defense with his passing ability. There was enough blame for everybody in that game.
Dak was beating the defense by throwing. You don't think the 20 some points on the board got there by themselves do you and the defense surely didn't score.

jnday

Reaction score
Agree to a point but the guys playing wide out at the time could not break free from my high school team db's.
Broaddus and several other analysts made the point that WRs were open in a lot of cases but it would require passes into tight windows. In some cases, Dak never looked their way when they was open. If you remember, Hearns showed that the WRs was open in many cases, but Dak was too timid to try and get the ball to them.