Twitter: Jeff Darlington: Elliott deal is "getting done"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Of course they are.

But Rockport is easily the dullest knife here. It's not surprising he has nary a grasp of how income taxes work for a NFL player.

For example, while Texas has no state income tax, a Cowboys player has to pay income taxes for his time in Oxnard (high tax state) as well as any state in which he plays a game.
You’re as dumb as your handle. There are 8 home games in Texas. So that’s at least 8 game checks with no state taxes you idiot. They don’t get game checks in Oxnard fool. You’re a liar and nothing but a Troll. And I’m being nice.

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why Dak has led the league in "tight window" throws 2 out of the last 3 years.
Source please and the standards that they used to define a pass into a tight window. I have never saw a stat labeled tight window throws and I doubt anyone else has seen that stat either.

jnday

Reaction score
I never said Zeke was the only problem in the Rams playoff game. The defense sucked, royally, but Zeke didn't show up either, yet he wants to be the highest paid RB in the league? lol
The oline was another problem and that effected Zeke. The whole Rams defense focus on Zeke which should have allowed Dak to beat them through the air quite easily, but it didn’t happen that way. Maybe Zeke could have done better, but there were others that caused just as nany problems.

Nickyd2208

Reaction score
The oline was another problem and that effected Zeke. The whole Rams defense focus on Zeke which should have allowed Dak to beat them through the air quite easily, but it didn’t happen that way. Maybe Zeke could have done better, but there were others that caused just as nany problems.
Yup, 8+ in the box all game. They weren't letting Zeke beat them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Source please and the standards that they used to define a pass into a tight window. I have never saw a stat labeled tight window throws and I doubt anyone else has seen that stat either.
Dak has finished ranked in the top 10 for accuracy and amount of tight window throws the past 3 years in a row, with Dak coming out #1 after the 2017 season based on completion rate, passer rating & adjusted yards per attempt.

Also, based on Approximate Value on all starting QBs for the past 3 seasons, Dak finished tied for 4th best with Seattle's Russell Wilson.

Approximate Value
To start his career Prescott has captained a Cowboys team that has won 32 games in three seasons, a win-rate of 66 percent. He has started in 48 career games boasting a record of 32-16, and achieved Pro Bowl status in 2016 and 2018 respectively.

According to Pro-Football-References’ Approximate Value, which places a value on each player for each season across all periods of the NFL, Prescott is one of the top ranked quarterbacks in terms of AV since entering the league in 2016.

prescott-av.png

Prescott is tied with Russell Wilson over the last three seasons. In that same span he has 14 game winning drives and 8 fourth quarter comebacks. There is no denying Prescott’s impact on the team, and he has been a crucial factor in the Cowboys’ recent string of success.

This off-season Prescott is expected to become the one of the highest-paid players in the NFL. Most would argue about why this is a bad idea, but there is evidence that suggests he is worthy of a massive contract, especially considering value at the quarterback position.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-dak-prescott-2019-nfl-season-advanced-stats/

Dak also finished as one of the best and most accurate "deep ball" passers his rookie season:

“Dak Prescott was one of the best deep ball passers in tight windows. A whopping 39.5 percent of Dak Prescott’s passes that traveled further than 20 yards in the air went into tight coverage. The rookie’s 29.4 percent completion rate was the ninth-best mark on such throws and he never recorded an interception.” – Matt Harmon, NFL.com

Now, based on deep ball passing accuracy consisting of both tight coverage and open coverage, Dak finished his sophomore year with a 42.7 completion percentage on deep passes thrown completions %. That was bested this last season, his third year in the league, in 2018 with a completion percentage of 45%.

Just wanted to add these extra stats and viables to show how good Dak has been on various topics concerning his passing and concerns critics have had about him over the last 3 years. As you can see, Dak is ranked very highly on various measured statistics that prove he is worth keeping and paying in Dallas. He's only going to keep getting better.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak has finished ranked in the top 10 for accuracy and amount of tight window throws the past 3 years in a row, with Dak coming out #1 after the 2017 season based on completion rate, passer rating & adjusted yards per attempt.

Also, based on Approximate Value on all starting QBs for the past 3 seasons, Dak finished tied for 4th best with Seattle's Russell Wilson.

Approximate Value
To start his career Prescott has captained a Cowboys team that has won 32 games in three seasons, a win-rate of 66 percent. He has started in 48 career games boasting a record of 32-16, and achieved Pro Bowl status in 2016 and 2018 respectively.

According to Pro-Football-References’ Approximate Value, which places a value on each player for each season across all periods of the NFL, Prescott is one of the top ranked quarterbacks in terms of AV since entering the league in 2016.

prescott-av.png

Prescott is tied with Russell Wilson over the last three seasons. In that same span he has 14 game winning drives and 8 fourth quarter comebacks. There is no denying Prescott’s impact on the team, and he has been a crucial factor in the Cowboys’ recent string of success.

This off-season Prescott is expected to become the one of the highest-paid players in the NFL. Most would argue about why this is a bad idea, but there is evidence that suggests he is worthy of a massive contract, especially considering value at the quarterback position.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-dak-prescott-2019-nfl-season-advanced-stats/

Dak also finished as one of the best and most accurate "deep ball" passers his rookie season:

“Dak Prescott was one of the best deep ball passers in tight windows. A whopping 39.5 percent of Dak Prescott’s passes that traveled further than 20 yards in the air went into tight coverage. The rookie’s 29.4 percent completion rate was the ninth-best mark on such throws and he never recorded an interception.” – Matt Harmon, NFL.com

Now, based on deep ball passing accuracy consisting of both tight coverage and open coverage, Dak finished his sophomore year with a 42.7 completion percentage on deep passes thrown completions %. That was bested this last season, his third year in the league, in 2018 with a completion percentage of 45%.

Just wanted to add these extra stats and viables to show how good Dak has been on various topics concerning his passing and concerns critics have had about him over the last 3 years. As you can see, Dak is ranked very highly on various measured statistics that prove he is worth keeping and paying in Dallas. He's only going to keep getting better.

There is just as many stats that show how bad he really is. He was rated the 28th most aggressive QB is an example. He also led the league in fumbles last year. There are many many more stats that says he is below average. His rankings which is between 22nd and 15th says it all to me. I am sure that your stats can be disputed with different sources, but even if he is really ranked 15th, that shows he is very average.. I see you are using his rookie season stats too. I predicted and fully believe that his rookie season will be the best year of his career. Once teams got tape on him, he has gotten worse every year. When the talent starts leaving one by one, you too will see how bad he really is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Really? No other key player has the leverage? I can think of 1... and more important to the team.

D

A

K

Good thing Dak has respect, does not hold out or demand a new top overall position pay contract with years still left on his current one.
But wasn't there a rumor, a tweet, that Dak was offered a top 5 contract as well, but hasn't accepted?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is just as many stats that show how bad he really is. He was rated the 28th most aggressive QB is an example. He also led the league in fumbles last year. There are many many more stats that says he is below average. His rankings which is between 22nd and 15th says it all to me. I am sure that your stats can be disputed with different sources, but even if he is really ranked 15th, that shows he is very average.. I see you are using his rookie season stats too. I predicted and fully believe that his rookie season will be the best year of his career. Once teams got tape on him, he has gotten worse every year. When the talent starts leaving one by one, you too will see how bad he really is.
You're blinded with hatred. No use talking to you, even those stats, videos and records prove you wrong. Why even follow the team if Dak is going to be here for many years to come?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So what. Zeke could have followed his blockers and used his speed on the outside of that D, instead going up the middle over and over when nothing was there.

Agreed. Marion Barber used to bounce it to the outside when the line was closed, and he made a lot of good runs that way. Zeke just runs into that brick wall too often.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Agreed. Marion Barber used to bounce it to the outside when the line was closed, and he made a lot of good runs that way. Zeke just runs into that brick wall too often.

Led the league in rushing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Led the league in rushing.
Zeke is good. Very good. But he's not special like the great RBs of old who would make something out of nothing. When there was no hole and it seemed they were stopped, the greats would stay light on their feet and find another route to run for more yards. Even on 4th and 1s or at the goal line, if everything was stopped but a pile created up front, the greats would leap/dive over the pile for that 1st down or touchdown. Zeke doesn't do it. Doesn't even try, even though he likes to leap over an incoming DB out in the open field. He could be great if he tried doing those elite efforts that the greats would do.