Jeff Heath Finally Benched (update: injured with stitches)

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah I get where your coming from 100%. Maybe they just need to learn a little more and study first, because I think that’s what separates guys like Wagner and Kuechly. I head Kuechly stays in the film room, until he feels he basically has memorized the offense lol.

The LB position is by far more "in between the ears" related than anything else. That's why someone like Sean Lee can bee that good. Similar to other LBs. How many times did we hear of an LB coming up bigger, faster, and stronger than LT? Only to flop. We can say the same about safeties too. It's more a cerebral position than physical talent. Ronnie Lott and Charlie Waters are two good examples for safeties. We have many examples at LB.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Not that plain and simple. How are we going to move up 10 or more places in the draft to get him?
I’m aware of that. I’m a LSU fan so I would love for him to be on the cowboys roster. But the bigger point is we need a first round safety, Mckinney from alabama or Wade from Ohio State would suffice.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Since Jeff Heath was benched at Halftime the Giants only scored 6 Points and had 124Yards (Giveortake a few). Take away the Barkley Lucky Screen and they completely shut down the Giants in the 2nd Half.

The Addition of Jourdan Lewis and Jeff Heath being benched may be the Start of a new Era for this Defense...

Way to blow THE ENTIRE situation out of context. Heath left the game because he needed stitches in his knee NOT because of play. He WASN'T BENCHED, he left because of INJURY.

acer941

Reaction score
Way to blow THE ENTIRE situation out of context. Heath left the game because he needed stitches in his knee NOT because of play. He WASN'T BENCHED, he left because of INJURY.

Really?! I had no idea!

dfense

Reaction score
This seems to happen a lot with him. He bites on ball fakes and misdirection quite a bit and seems to lack awareness. Take that Goff run last year in the playoffs. Goff bootlegs to a first down because Heath is staring at the TE who is blocking the opposite direction. The excuse from the Heath crowd was he had responsibility to cover the TE but anyone with a brain can see that TE isn't running a pattern. He's blocking. Heath needs to have the awareness to see what's going on and react.

Instead he's flat footed staring at TE that isn't running a route and reacts too late to Goff running past him for a key first down.

And in fairness on that play you linked, Smith and Lee also didn't exactly bathe themselves in glory there either.
I didn't see much out of 23 when Heath went out, other than when Jones scrambled for 1st, 23 turned and ran away from him like he thought he had to covwr somebody. I was wondering what he was doing instead of cutting Jones off.

Praxit

Reaction score
..should one of the safety's get another pic, then Heath could see the bench.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since Jeff Heath was benched at Halftime the Giants only scored 6 Points and had 124Yards (Giveortake a few). Take away the Barkley Lucky Screen and they completely shut down the Giants in the 2nd Half.

The Addition of Jourdan Lewis and Jeff Heath being benched may be the Start of a new Era for this Defense...
acer---who is playing in place of Heath?

Number1

Reaction score
He made the tackle on the second half kickoff and didn't see him again.

that's why they gave up a couple of big returns ;ayer, it's had to replace a good ST guy than meets the eye

injuries happen

interested to see Goodwin and Thompson, and where is Wilson?

another interesting aspect is what to do about Awuzie, outside of press coverage he sucks and needs help deep
that's gonna effect scheme, Heath could cover ground, bad angles and reflexes, but he can run, with reckless abandon

don't be surprised to see more of Brown tomorrow night as a NB, I've always wanted him playing deep help

Wilson and Lee need to cover TEs well

pacboyX

Reaction score
Why the Heath hate?

Really -_- how many threads do we need to explain this. He is a special teams ace, low tier starting safety. It’s not hate it’s just wanting better safety play for once in past 20 years.

On side note I’m good w Woods.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Since Jeff Heath was benched at Halftime The Addition of Jourdan Lewis and Jeff Heath being benched may be the Start of a new Era for this Defense...
o_O
3fur8q.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see much out of 23 when Heath went out, other than when Jones scrambled for 1st, 23 turned and ran away from him like he thought he had to covwr somebody. I was wondering what he was doing instead of cutting Jones off.
Good to know some people actually watch the plays in detail.

That was very odd. Thompson was running downfield as the QB was running towards him. Thompson had no chance to get downfield if it had been a pass anyway.