Jeff Heath Finally Benched (update: injured with stitches)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Cowboys Defensive Scheme
  • Shutting down Barkley as a rusher does not come for free.
    • Barkley had 28 rushing yards...
    • They over-focused on the RB by design of the game-plan.
      • That is the reason that the QB Jones had some success running the ball.
      • That is a good game-plan. Take your changes with the QB running but shut down Barkley.
  • The announcer, Booger McFarland, explained this type of play.
    • Notice #99 the 1-tech out in the flat.
    • Booger explained that there is a call for the 1-tech to cover that area in the Marinelli scheme.
    • Booger played 1-tech DT for Marinelli when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.
Sounds like a great scheme. Lets have our slowest guy on defense try and contain the edge. My goodness this has to be a marinelli burner account or his kid or something. Your takes are absolute trash

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
200w_d.gif

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Sad to say, but yeah, he's still looks like the best LB on this team. When our DL is playing well and the offensive line isn't getting to the second level, Lee is still a beast.
Ill take LVE going sideline to sideline, but Lee for the runs in between tackles and coverage.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Since Jeff Heath was benched at Halftime the Giants only scored 6 Points and had 124Yards (Giveortake a few). Take away the Barkley Lucky Screen and they completely shut down the Giants in the 2nd Half.

The Addition of Jourdan Lewis and Jeff Heath being benched may be the Start of a new Era for this Defense...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

morat1959

Reaction score

Anyone else notice Jeff Heath on this play?

The Heath lovers are not looking at the play! The same group that say he’s good on ST. Focus on him on D and ST....it’s the same thing. He flat out sux!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Everson Walls was clowning Heath on a podcast for the play when the ball hit him in the head. Heath fell off from what he was. He used to be a ball hawk. Now hes allergic to the ball. He's done. And i was his biggest fan.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Look, plain & simple we pick up Grant Delpit 1st round next season, cut Heath. Easy improvement.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ill take LVE going sideline to sideline, but Lee for the runs in between tackles and coverage.

I agree. But I was more focused on plays at the LOS or an LB making a tackle in the offensive backfield. It's always #50 getting up. In 2016 he was single handedly the reason the Cowboys won that game against the Eagles on the defensive side of the ball. No Lee, no comeback. He's showing a little of that recently. But I do see some of that in Smith and LVE. Those dudes kick *** too.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
I agree. But I was more focused on plays at the LOS or an LB making a tackle in the offensive backfield. It's always #50 getting up. In 2016 he was single handedly the reason the Cowboys won that game against the Eagles on the defensive side of the ball. No Lee, no comeback. He's showing a little of that recently. But I do see some of that in Smith and LVE. Those dudes kick *** too.
Yeah I get where your coming from 100%. Maybe they just need to learn a little more and study first, because I think that’s what separates guys like Wagner and Kuechly. I head Kuechly stays in the film room, until he feels he basically has memorized the offense lol.