Signed by Cowboys Jeff Heath signs four-year deal with Cowboys

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The quiet truth is, Jeff Heath is an exceptional player at what he is supposed to do on this team. Special teamer and dime safety.

He's Bill Bates or Kenny Gant.

You're sick.

Just sick.

To devalue how good Bates and Gant were by comparing them to this clown?

Just sick.

erod

Reaction score
You're sick.

Just sick.

To devalue how good Bates and Gant were by comparing them to this clown?

Just sick.

And you're the guy that remembers Emmitt Smith getting 10 yards every time he carried the ball and the Cowboys going 16-0 with 20-point victories every week.

Didn't happen that way.

Heath is the best special teams player on the team. He's a decent dime safety. That's EXACTLY what Bill Bates was, and in fact, that's more than Kenny Gant ever was. If not for his shark dance, you'd barely remember Kenny Gant's name.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And you're the guy that remembers Emmitt Smith getting 10 yards every time he carried the ball and the Cowboys going 16-0 with 20-point victories every week.

Didn't happen that way.

Heath is the best special teams player on the team. He's a decent dime safety. That's EXACTLY what Bill Bates was, and in fact, that's more than Kenny Gant ever was. If not for his shark dance, you'd barely remember Kenny Gant's name.

I am?

Hmmmm....I don't seem to recall ever making such a claim.

Oh I get it. You made an idiotic statement and now you want to try and make it seem like I thought all our players were God's.

Cool story bro. It would have worked so much better if I'd ever made any claim like that or even close to that.

erod

Reaction score
I am?

Hmmmm....I don't seem to recall ever making such a claim.

Oh I get it. You made an idiotic statement and now you want to try and make it seem like I thought all our players were God's.

Cool story bro. It would have worked so much better if I'd ever made any claim like that or even close to that.

The point is, Heath performs the same role as Bates or Gant did. He does. I know some think that Bill Bates was a football savant, but he was just a try-hard guy who covered kicks. Like Heath.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Didn't happen that way.

Gant made plays on the dime. Woody was the nickel and Gant was the dime. Bates was rotation behind them.

Gant was undersized but quick and made plays against the pass. He was also a good KR.

I agree with your overall point though. Heath is underrated here. He is more athletic than Bates and has better size and strength than Gant. He is a solid UDFA find.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I think this signing would be viewed more favorably if this team was winning. But for some reason the negative nancys on here are ripping this signing a new one.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The point is, Heath performs the same role as Bates or Gant did. He does. I know some think that Bill Bates was a football savant, but he was just a try-hard guy who covered kicks. Like Heath.

Cool.

We will just agree to disagree.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Still no dollar figures released. I wonder what that means.

I know places like Spotrac and Overthecap get them procedurally. Typically anything that comes across the league's line is picked up by Breer, Shefter, or the turd.

It's probably for a ton of money and they fear our backlash so they're holding off.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Still no dollar figures released. I wonder what that means.

I know places like Spotrac and Overthecap get them procedurally. Typically anything that comes across the league's line is picked up by Breer, Shefter, or the turd.

It's probably for a ton of money and they fear our backlash so they're holding off.

Yeah just like they held off on releasing, publicly, Looney's massive contract.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Gant made plays on the dime. Woody was the nickel and Gant was the dime. Bates was rotation behind them.

Gant was undersized but quick and made plays against the pass. He was also a good KR.

I agree with your overall point though. Heath is underrated here. He is more athletic than Bates and has better size and strength than Gant. He is a solid UDFA find.
I don't recall Gant returning kicks but I could be wrong. Bares had great special teams play first 15 years and seemed to get better as time went on. Cowboys had great special teams back then with nice playmakers who transitioned to defense when needed. Heath like Bates is a role player, don't expect anymore or less, solid player like you said.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't recall Gant returning kicks but I could be wrong. Bares had great special teams play first 15 years and seemed to get better as time went on. Cowboys had great special teams back then with nice playmakers who transitioned to defense when needed. Heath like Bates is a role player, don't expect anymore or less, solid player like you said.

He returned a few in 91 apparently. Today is also his birthday.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GantKe20.htm