Signed by Cowboys Jeff Heath signs four-year deal with Cowboys

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He was at 1.6m and no one wanted him, so we give him more for longer.......yesssss

That's not true at all.

You know how I know?

Because we wanted him at $1.6M.

You know how I know?

Because we guaranteed him $1.6M.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's not true at all.

You know how I know?

Because we wanted him at $1.6M.

You know how I know?

Because we guaranteed him $1.6M.

An original round tender is not guaranteed at all and requires no compensation if another team matches or betters the offer.

When no one made an offer during the signing period if should have signaled the team that there is no market for that player and you can offer whatever you want. Not to extend him at a higher rate.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We can finally rest easy now, guys.

Your Avi is disturbing my dreams and you're a poster I like to pay attention to.
I liked the old one. I'd probably like a new one...

Do an old lad a favor, will ye? The Swift with whatever is going on is obviously a ladened European Swallow.
She simply cannot travel as much as you require her to.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Your Avi is disturbing my dreams and you're a poster I like to pay attention to.

Do an old lad a favor, will ye? The Swift with whatever is going on is obviously a ladened European Swallow.

I will drink to that !!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh you try to twist things certainly however in this case you went for binary simplification and nothing else. It is what it is. JAG or championship right?

Bloke, a strident and yes, intrusive intent to prove your cerebral pursuits. Your fancy words, I assure you mate, fall on deaf ears here at the Cat and the Fiddle where the beer is as warm as your being and the fried chips with a hint of burn on the edges, sort of like you when your frenzy mounts, Knave!
We are not amused.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bloke, a strident and yes, intrusive intent to prove your cerebral pursuits. Your fancy words, I assure you mate, fall on deaf ears here at the Cat and the Fiddle where the beer is as warm as your being and the fried chips with a hint of burn on the edges, sort of like you when your frenzy mounts, Knave!
We are not amused.

Please point me to which words you think are 'fancy.'

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
An original round tender is not guaranteed at all and requires no compensation if another team matches or betters the offer.

When no one made an offer during the signing period if should have signaled the team that there is no market for that player and you can offer whatever you want. Not to extend him at a higher rate.

He's being paid a little over twice the minimum and is locked up long term. Giving more control without a raise to a team is a good deal for the team if they like the player. That is what his signing indicates to me. It's not like he has played poorly and should get a reduction.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This should be a fun thread. Hate away.

I WILL
Please point me to which words you think are 'fancy.'

I think "Please" is fancy. "Point," old fellow, seems provocative. Your use of 'fancy' in single quotes is both inscrutable and intriguing, thereby fancy.
Now, my dear fellow, I am beginning to see it all -- YOU are fancy! J'acusse! (shrieks from the audience) You are . . . Fancy Man! (Applause from the women and stout men)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's being paid a little over twice the minimum and is locked up long term. Giving more control without a raise to a team is a good deal for the team if they like the player. That is what his signing indicates to me. It's not like he has played poorly and should get a reduction.

That is where we disagree..... I feel we are paying 3x more than his level of production and see no reason to lock him up for multiple years........we overpay 5-6 positions and then cry poor......

Those 15 tackles would be impossible to replace and don't even mention the INTs.....all 3 of his career picks came off defelctions when he wasn't within 10 yds of a WR.......

Last edited:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

As you wish my dearest @Corso

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That is where we disagree..... I feel we are paying 3x more than his level of production and see no reason to lock him up for multiple years........we overpay 5-6 positions and then cry poor......

Those 15 tackles would be impossible to replace and don't even mention the INTs.....all 3 of his career picks came off defelctions when he wasn't within 10 yds of a WR.......

You can try to poison the well but the interceptions stand. S on deep halves and thirds are supposed to stay back and break on tipped balls and overthrows. That is exactly what he did. That they are diving catches makes them that much sweeter. He also lays down slobberknockers that FF and is by far the most physical S we have.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If tipped balls nullify ints, then ed reed was incredibly mediocre.

They don't nullify them but you don't credit as a Pass Defensed.....like falling on a fumble at your feet....you didn't cause but at least did the minimum and fell down....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They don't nullify them but you don't credit as a Pass Defensed.....like falling on a fumble at your feet....you didn't cause but at least did the minimum and fell down....

He broke on a tipped ball and made a play. The picks were not right to him. The two I looked up were diving catches.

Scandri100

Reaction score
Knew he was a player the second he stepped on the field...He just needs to trust in his abilities and not listen to the coaches, just play your game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He broke on a tipped ball and made a play. The picks were not right to him. The two I looked up were diving catches.

What does he want, a cookie????

He also negated a turnover in the end zone with a brutal holding penalty in that game.

Not a fan, at best it is a 2yr/4.2m deal for a league minimum player