Jeff Heath still ballin

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised he hasn't knocked himself out of a game! I mean, he's had to have given himself some concussions.
Many CZ trolls reamed him last week for not getting an INT because he looked at the WR & DB coming at him instead of looking at the ball.

This week he looked at the ball instead of the WR and almost killed poor ole Hurns.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Many CZ trolls reamed him last week for not getting an INT because he looked at the WR & DB coming at him instead of looking at the ball.

This week he looked at the ball instead of the WR and almost killed poor ole Hurns.
True. Very true.
I was amazed the refs didn't throw a flag and I think they were correct on that exceedingly difficult call.
I say exceedingly difficult because they are trained to call flags to protect the head, but he was clearly going after the ball and he has full rights to do so.

I marveled for a second at the on-field ruling in a good way.
Poor player though. He got smacked.

sbark

Reaction score
Every week when I review games, I think to myself "Heath really does make a lot of really good plays".
Got switched out of natural Fs spot last year to make room for promising x.woods. Any position switch takes time. Can say he has now just getting comfortable with the position its responsibilities.

dfense

Reaction score
He had one good play in 3 games.
Just in the Washington game

11:22 Broke up a pass for 1st down when DLaw got flagged for ankle hit on Keenum.

Next drive, 3rd and 3 ball hits Heath in head. He was looking at not blowing up his own guy, but ends drive.

4:37 3rd. 1st and goal, Heath breaks up pass in flat.

3:49 4th Heath tackles Davis for a 4 yard gain on 1st down. The first pass completion he gave up to Davis.

Heath moved around from single high safety to in the box over the TE. From what I saw, he allowed 1 completion to Davis for 5 yards, tied for team lead in PD.

Not seeing the liability he's suppost to be.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Jeff Heath drinks Zoner's tears like Gatorade.
It replenishes his head for the next helmet on helmet hit.
Be it opponent, or teammate.

Maybe they vote him Captain because they're scared of him...
:muttley:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Amazing how much crap members around here give this guy and week in and week out he just continues solid play with one or two highlights each week.
Was one of the two highlights the ball hitting him in the helmet that should have been a pick six?

Trust me, we need an upgrade. I loved Bill Bates. But I was happy when the Cowboys traded for Thomas Everett, signed James Washington, and drafted Darren Woodson. I will be happy when Heath is back on special teams only and make his yearly job saving play like Bates used to do once he was replaced by Safeties that can make plays.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
People probably can think of 5 bad plays in his whole entire career, yet just love to crap on him because he's not flashy. Makes me wonder how people would've eviscerated Bill Bates if he were around with forums and social media.

He had the second most missed tackles in the league last year.

QB rating was 101.6 when he was targeted with a 75% reception percentage.

Last edited:

TWOK11

Reaction score
Thats the way it works around here with Heath. His one good play every other game negates all the negative plays in between. He's S depth on most teams in the NFL.

Or it’s an indictment of the average football IQ on this board. Most here don’t know what constitutes a “good play”, if it isn’t a big hit, INT, sack, etc. they don’t even notice let alone acknowledge its significance.