Jeff Heath still ballin

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats the way it works around here with Heath. His one good play every other game negates all the negative plays in between. He's S depth on most teams in the NFL.

I don't see an abundance of great plays or negative plays. Both sides exaggerate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing Safety.

I agree. And that's not something I say lightly because I loved Bates and would have loved for him to be a great safety. But he was a great special teamer (best I ever saw), and he was also great as a nickel LB. Those roles suited his talents and his mentality. Safety did not.

Anything...Bates is so damn overrated, he was great at special teams, thats all

He was also a great nickel LB before they made him a starting safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Heath has been playing good ball. If someone shows themselves to be better and can take the spot from him great, I'm all for it but I think Heath has done well thus far

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao...this took a 10 second search on Twitter

A large group of "fans" have an emotion need to hate players like Heath.

I've often wondered what drives people to get so worked up and repeatedly post about Heath.

My conclusion is that by hating Heath and wanting him replaced, those "fans" feel like they know something the coaches don't know.

If those same "fans" just stated that Zeke is a great player, then that's just agreeing with the coaches and therefore does not make those "fans" feel like they know more than the coaches.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don't see an abundance of great plays or negative plays. Both sides exaggerate.
Except no one is preaching an abundance of great plays. Its really one side saying he flat out sucks every game, but he's been solid and not a target for opposing QBs

Beaker42

Reaction score
Amazing how much crap members around here give this guy and week in and week out he just continues solid play with one or two highlights each week.
Yep, he’s great at one thing and one thing only - laying the wood.

He sucks at Geometry and problem solving.

pacboyX

Reaction score
A cheap serviceable SS is all fine n dandy until your in the playoffs down 7 and need a stop on 3rd and 7. Smh

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. And that's not something I say lightly because I loved Bates and would have loved for him to be a great safety. But he was a great special teamer (best I ever saw), and he was also great as a nickel LB. Those roles suited his talents and his mentality. Safety did not.

He was also a great nickel LB before they made him a starting safety.

The talent level on the Cowboys roster back then was dismal (Bates started games in 86, 87 & 88).

Jimmy immediately yanked him out of the starting lineup despite limited talent on that 89 team.

Jimmy replaced him with Vince Albritton whose only started a full season once in his career and that was the 89 season with the Cowboys.

Bates was a great special teams player and was a great leader/character player; however, athletically he was not remotely close to Jeff Heath.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Wrong

I'm told he's the worst, yet if that's the case it should not be hard at all to see him getting abused like some of our other DBs. Take Brandon Carr for example, everyone saw him abused weekly. Jacques Reeves, Alan Ball, Ken Hamlin, Roy Williams (after year 3), it wasn't hard to see they were targets. But Jeff Heath is getting the Barry Church treatment in that when he's the last line of defense he gets the blame in the run game. And I don't see QBs targeting his man like they did those other players.

The safety position can only really be seen from the all 22 until the play comes to them or they come into frame. Maybe you overlook when they target his man but they do, he does not have the greatest hips. Yes he is straight line fast and can hit that’s why he has a better fit at FS, at SS those hips get exposed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I've often wondered what drives people to get so worked up and repeatedly post about Heath.

My conclusion is that by hating Heath and wanting him replaced, those "fans" feel like they know something the coaches don't know.

If those same "fans" just stated that Zeke is a great player, then that's just agreeing with the coaches and therefore does not make those "fans" feel like they know more than the coaches.

Because they spend all off season bemoaning him and looking to replace him with anyone and are more concerned with their opinion being right than Heath actually playing good ball.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A cheap serviceable SS is all fine n dandy until your in the playoffs down 7 and need a stop on 3rd and 7. Smh

Same kind of thing applies to every team, because every team has some cheap, serviceable players.

jjktkk

Reaction score

I agree. Some of these armchair scouts think just because they study game film and analytics it somehow empowers them to believe they know more than real NFL scouts and coaches. Its comical and entertaining.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. Some of these armchair scouts think just because they study game film and analytics it somehow empowers them to believe they know more than real NFL scouts and coaches. Its comical and entertaining.

True but also people seem to think players are incapable of improving themselves as players. Heath may never be a Pro Bowler but he can do things to make himself a better player.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The safety position can only really be seen from the all 22 until the play comes to them or they come into frame. Maybe you overlook when they target his man but they do, he does not have the greatest hips. Yes he is straight line fast and can hit that’s why he has a better fit at FS, at SS those hips get exposed.
You're right the all 22 shows the whole picture, just don't get all the "heath sucks" without the all 22 there to support it.

johneric8

Reaction score
Look, heath is a good player, and he plays with the heart of three men. The coaches know his makeup that is why he is out there...