Jefferson is better than CD Lamb

RonWashington

Reaction score
Lamb needs a complement on the other side of the field . Not necessarily is he a # 1 but you have find another WR on the opposite side of the field the defense has to account for . Noah Brown is a good safety valve option not a 2. Gallup is the obvious answer opposite Lamb . I still can’t figure why with the savings from the Cooper to Cleveland deal that C.Wilson didn’t become a must to bring back given Gallup’s injury .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He is best when the defense doesn’t focus on him. He needs to be the #2 or slot receiver. Of course, a better OC and QB could utilize him better.

#2s are almost always mirages. They look great as long as they've got a #1 taking the attention of the defense, but then evaporate when that level of attention falls on them.

I don't think Lamb is entirely a mirage. An average #1.

When Gallup comes back, we'll see the real mirage. Big mistake to pay da man.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
Its hard to judge a WR here with this QB

The same way its hard to judge a coach with this owner
This....

We have a guy constantly throwing behind his WRs and when he's not doing that he's looking for a dump off.

Cmac

Reaction score
Let's see what the novice DC would do to the passing game......roll coverages to Cee Dee, because Brown and Houston are just laughable out there. Know CeeDee is not getting seperation. Film clearly illustrates the OL is bad and you're up against an OC who preys on gimmick calls used for HS football, and is pass happy. And after two series, the OC will start reaching for straws with his play-calling. And after halftime....the OC will continue to have the same routes and plays that weren't working in the 1st half.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Lamb is in the same pedigree as Gallup in that he PLAYS like a complimentary WR. He NEEDS a player out there with him capable of keeping double teams off him. I do like the comp made earlier of Dak and McNabb, definitely spot on which doesn't help a guy like Lamb's skillset. It's early, and we'll see if anything changes now that another QB will be in the mix, but more games like this will ruin this guy

basel90

Reaction score
Again, I won't defend his performance. But Jefferson also has a legit threat opposite him in Theilen, Cousins might not be a winner but he rolls up stats with the best of them, and their OL is better than ours.

Tampa rolled coverages his way most of the night daring any other of our WRs to beat them. They couldn't. There was a clear example of what was going on in the 2nd quarter when Dak tried to force one into Lamb in the middle of the field - there were three Bucs defenders following him.

Again, he has to be better but he's in a crap position at this point playing on a team tonight that had an awful QB with an OL that couldn't pass block with other WRs that couldn't beat even basic one on one coverages. Oh and I don't think our OC is very good at creating opportunities for a guy like Lamb. Someone mentioned Kupp. While Kupp is very, very good he has a brilliant OC/HC that can scheme guys open, etc.
It was tight coverage on CeeDee which should have opened up things to other receivers , but Dak could not take advantage. Kellen moore has not put the right strategy either. Dak’s passes arrived late on many occasions or sailed high . He was booed several times by the fans .
The bucs dared Dak to beat them with his arm and he failed .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I had doubts about this guy being a number 1 receiver, and this game did nothing to ease those doubts. 2 catches for 29 yards.

Jefferson>>>>>>>>Lamb
lets just call him "Stone Hands" Lambs.....

if you are #1 WR, then you make plays, you make tough catches. you battle for the ball. here was Julio Jones making shoe string catches, and then lamb dropping balls left and right.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they really thought CD was a #1 they woukd have done more with him last year when the receivers were struggling. CD 2 of 11 says it all. Hes a #2 whos route running needs work. Hes a slot guy where he can utilize his god given abilities in 1 on 1 matchups. Maybe we see some growth from him but i doubt it with this staff and qb situation.