Jefferson is better than CD Lamb

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I had doubts about this guy being a number 1 receiver, and this game did nothing to ease those doubts. 2 catches for 29 yards.

Jefferson>>>>>>>>Lamb

RIGHT NOW WE SHOULDN'T BE THINKING ABOUT PAYING HIM! All that saved cap space needs to go towards something else

basel90

Reaction score
I had doubts about this guy being a number 1 receiver, and this game did nothing to ease those doubts. 2 catches for 29 yards.

Jefferson>>>>>>>>Lamb
No . Cee Dee was not used properly and Dak admitted he was late on many throws .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its hard to judge a WR here with this QB

The same way its hard to judge a coach with this owner

Its not just the Qb problem either. Its the way they use him. There is no cohesive offensive strategy. Look no further than the first drive of the night which actually was looking pretty good until our resident offensive guru threw in 2 trick plays to disastrous effect. CD isn't as good as Jefferson but he is not as bad as he looked last night either.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Again, I won't defend his performance. But Jefferson also has a legit threat opposite him in Theilen, Cousins might not be a winner but he rolls up stats with the best of them, and their OL is better than ours.

Tampa rolled coverages his way most of the night daring any other of our WRs to beat them. They couldn't. There was a clear example of what was going on in the 2nd quarter when Dak tried to force one into Lamb in the middle of the field - there were three Bucs defenders following him.

Again, he has to be better but he's in a crap position at this point playing on a team tonight that had an awful QB with an OL that couldn't pass block with other WRs that couldn't beat even basic one on one coverages. Oh and I don't think our OC is very good at creating opportunities for a guy like Lamb. Someone mentioned Kupp. While Kupp is very, very good he has a brilliant OC/HC that can scheme guys open, etc.

I said last week to the 2nd part if they are a good DC, And tour last part they are going to need to cut bait with wonder boy and let fat Mike take over.

stiletto

Reaction score
Buddy, Cooper didnt even break 1000 yards. Cooper is 1000 yards and 7 TD type receiver. That is NOT 22 million worth.

For me, I am not as concerned about his stats, his first 3 years on the team he was definitely a threat and it enabled Dak to spread the ball around. CeeDee got more chances last year as they forced the ball over to him more. That's a GOOD thing but there is NO ONE on the roster that is going to replace Coopers+Wilson's production. $20 million was a lot but they did basically nothing to replace his production. At least not yet. Seems they are now after-the-fact fixers in the FO.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Its not just the Qb problem either. Its the way they use him. There is no cohesive offensive strategy. Look no further than the first drive of the night which actually was looking pretty good until our resident offensive guru threw in 2 trick plays to disastrous effect. CD isn't as good as Jefferson but he is not as bad as he looked last night either.
This is true but guess who the biggest advocate of the OC and his playbook is?

the qb

kskboys

Reaction score
Current trajectory for Jefferson is HOF. Current trajectory for Lamb is former NFL player.
Lamb is a quality #2. Everything about him has screamed that from the start. My very unpopular view that drafting him in the 1st wasn't the best use of resources unfortunately appears to be accurate at this point. Still to be seen.

At least we didn't take Jordan Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Skinny guys with average speed usually don’t become great unless they’re top 3 in quickness or route running.