Twitter: Jenny Taft defends MM against Skip's attack on his weight

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont need to research, I know Daks brother committed suicide, and Im also aware skip talked about it, but Im gonna do as you suggest, and Im gonna go find the clip when he discussed it, and Ill bet you he didnt say he was "Weak," in the context that you just did. Just like in his book he didnt say Aikman was gay, but people cant read fine details and they twist things to make it be what they want it to be.

But I will ask again, what is the difference between MENTAL ILLNESS and stress. Does Dak have a mental illness? Or was Dak dealing with some serious grief over his brother? My wife's dad passed away unexpectantly 2 years ago. It crushed her and she still deals with it today. Thats called GRIEF, thats life. She took a bit of time off of work and then life continues. She still had to be a wife, a mother, and has serious responsibilities at work that she DEALS WITH. Not unlike millions of other people. What she doesnt say is that she suffers from mental illness to get out of being the responsible person that she is.

Dak may still struggle with his brothers death, he may for the rest of his life. But that is not a mental illness, at least not by my definition. It is grief. But in our world today, we like to excuse lack of responsibility as mental illness because of day to day living. Every time some schmuck celebrity does or says something that gets the cancel culture up in arms they apologize and then say they realize they have issues in their past that they need to deal with to be a "Better person." blah blah blah... its just those are get out of jail free cards in todays world.
I guess all those millions of people around the world who got their depression cured by Prozac and other medications were just imagining they were better.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He called him weak. Watch the clip. And grief can cause mental illness. Depression is considered mental illness. My fiancée overdosed on heroin and I was very depressed and destroyed. You telling me my mental health wasn’t affected?
so Ill ask again.. is grief now synonymous with "Mental health?" is stress a mental health disorder? and like I said, I will go watch the clip, the ENTIRE clip and I will get back to you.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We are in an era where everyone is beautiful, but, in reality, only 5% are.

When someone gets to 200 lbs. wouldn't one excuse himself from the table? At 300 get to a 1,000 calorie a day regimen? At 400 lbs. excuse yourself from society, though we all know we shall pay for your medical bills.
What?? Im beautiful in my own way. Im a man, hear me roar. Why cant I get any roles as a leading man in the movies? I want to play Thor also? Who said Thor needs to be a 6-3 inch 240 lbs of muscle white guy? Why cant he be a 50 year old, balding 175lbs white guy? Hey, since we are supposed to be enlightened and all, let me know when you see an ugly 50 year old man that makes 40k a year thats dating a 30 year old smoking hot woman. I mean, that smoking hot woman shouldnt be worried about looks or money, right? lol

ultron

Reaction score
Well it’ll be interesting to see if Jenny is still there on Monday

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He called him weak. Watch the clip. And grief can cause mental illness. Depression is considered mental illness. My fiancée overdosed on heroin and I was very depressed and destroyed. You telling me my mental health wasn’t affected?
watched a couple of clips. I thought Skip was pretty compassionate. I also thought he was very real. You ever watch "Saving Private Ryan?"Tom Hanks character was the leader and he had a job to do. He was also incredibly stressed and there is a scene where he breaks down crying. Ive been in the military, Ive been in a foreign war, and I can relate to the scene. Tom Hanks character would never show that "Weakness," to the men he was leading. Because those men need him to be the guy that is strong. They need him to be reassuring that things are gonna be ok. That is what Skip was talking about. But if you can find me the clip you are speaking of, link it.

rags

Reaction score
Well it’ll be interesting to see if Jenny is still there on Monday

I think that if she had been fired from the show, we would have heard about it by now.

She probably heard about what she said from the show's director or producer. Whoever is in charge of the show.

Whether you love him or hate him, he has been around for a long time. I doubt he got in trouble for what he said about MM.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think that if she had been fired from the show, we would have heard about it by now.

She probably heard about what she said from the show's director or producer. Whoever is in charge of the show.

Whether you love him or hate him, he has been around for a long time. I doubt he got in trouble for what he said about MM.
but if Skip had her fired... then he WOULD be in all sorts of trouble. Privileged white male, doesnt like a woman standing up to him. Uses his power over her to fire her... he would be cancelled at that point. Hes way to smart to do something so dumb.

Bigdog

Reaction score
so Ill ask again.. is grief now synonymous with "Mental health?" is stress a mental health disorder? and like I said, I will go watch the clip, the ENTIRE clip and I will get back to you.
Actually stress is a mental disorder. In the DSM 4 it was Acute Stress Disorder but now they have reclassified it to Trauma and Stress Disorder category. Also there is Adjustment Disorder with mix emotions. So stress is a major component of some disorders

rags

Reaction score
but if Skip had her fired... then he WOULD be in all sorts of trouble. Privileged white male, doesnt like a woman standing up to him. Uses his power over her to fire her... he would be cancelled at that point. Hes way to smart to do something so dumb.

If Skip had her fired, would we ever find out about it?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
watched a couple of clips. I thought Skip was pretty compassionate. I also thought he was very real. You ever watch "Saving Private Ryan?"Tom Hanks character was the leader and he had a job to do. He was also incredibly stressed and there is a scene where he breaks down crying. Ive been in the military, Ive been in a foreign war, and I can relate to the scene. Tom Hanks character would never show that "Weakness," to the men he was leading. Because those men need him to be the guy that is strong. They need him to be reassuring that things are gonna be ok. That is what Skip was talking about. But if you can find me the clip you are speaking of, link it.
A woman putting Skip Cluess in his place for being an egotistical bigoted ******* is nothing like being under stress when bullets are coming from down range. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

ultron

Reaction score
When he’s doing his apology monologue on Monday I hope she says F off and stop talking crap about Lebron james on Twitter like some ignorant 8th grader. I could care less about fat Mac, fat people know we’re fat we embrace it or do something about it - him attacking Lebron for over a decade just because Lebron won’t acknowledge his existence or come on his stupid show(s) is just childish and there are actual people who think there has been a better basketball player than Lebron which is just completely hilarious.

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year he could be Jabba the Hut's twin brother and I wouldn't care.

rags

Reaction score
If she's not on tomorrow's show, we'll know something's up.