Twitter: Jenny Taft defends MM against Skip's attack on his weight

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He runs the team's offense. Calling audibles and ad libbing is part of the job. And with whatever independence he shows there is no evidence that it is because his coach is overweight. In fact, his current coach isn't.
the reason a player doesnt listen to the coach wasnt being debated.. the comment was as a player to basically shut up and do what you are told.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that some of you are so angry at skip, yet you are fine with someone using physical violence on skip because you didnt like skip's WORDS.
I find it hilarious that someone would stick up for Skip Clueless. Well, less surprised it's you. And you think it's ok to fat shame someone? What kind of morals do you have?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the reason a player doesnt listen to the coach wasnt being debated.. the comment was as a player to basically shut up and do what you are told.
The foundation of the conversation was you supporting Skippy for suggesting McCarty's weight affected his ability to coach his team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New verbiage in responses from agents to FA offers. The money and terms are acceptable, just one more question that my client has. How much does the HC weigh? My client prefers svelte HC's. He will play for a fatty but we need another year on the deal.

Two of the best to ever do it, Lombardi and Stram were little round men. Players could care less what their HC looks like because they're not looking to move in with him and pick out the drapes.

Bayless was totally out of line and way off base and I'd bet he wishes he'd not gone there. What % would you guess of that audience in overweight? Over or under the national average of 2/3 that are obese or overweight?

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Who is Booger?
jerry-jones.jpg

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The foundation of the conversation was you supporting Skippy for suggesting McCarty's weight affected his ability to coach his team.
go back and show me where I was SUPPORTING Skip. I support his right to say whatever the hell he wants. I never said his point was valid to me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
go back and show me where I was SUPPORTING Skip. I support his right to say whatever the hell he wants. I never said his point was valid to me.
You could have started and finished with that, all in one post.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post #226 in this thread seemed an awful lot like you were trying to justify Skippy's claim to me

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Post #226 in this thread seemed an awful lot like you were trying to justify Skippy's claim to me
here is what I wrote:

IM just telling you this is what I took form the clip. In addition, I am not sure we can use anything from even a decade ago in relation to today. These young athletes are coming through college with ALL the power.They dont like a coach, they dont like their playing time... bam, they enter the transfer portal and leave to another school and are immediately eligible.

One thing about being a leader... you need the trust and respect of those you are leading. How much you know doesnt matter if they dont listen. IM not thinking Bob Knight would be very effective today.

So what specifically in that post appears to support Skip discussing Big Mike's weight and how that impacts his ability to coach?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
here is what I wrote:

IM just telling you this is what I took form the clip. In addition, I am not sure we can use anything from even a decade ago in relation to today. These young athletes are coming through college with ALL the power.They dont like a coach, they dont like their playing time... bam, they enter the transfer portal and leave to another school and are immediately eligible.

One thing about being a leader... you need the trust and respect of those you are leading. How much you know doesnt matter if they dont listen. IM not thinking Bob Knight would be very effective today.

So what specifically in that post appears to support Skip discussing Big Mike's weight and how that impacts his ability to coach?
I used the examples of Andy Reid and Parcells to discredit Skippy's suggestion about McCarthy's weight causing players to not listen to him. Starting with your second sentence you were trying to discredit what I said, which then supports what Skippy said.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Skip is a disgusting person. The stuff he said about Aikman should have ruined his career.

Why? This is what Skip was hired to do and he does it very well. He makes headlines. His bosses love him for that. This is what he bases his career on. Being "controversial".